PDA

View Full Version : Ok enough of this Olympic hockey crap...

PUCKER
02-19-2006, 12:54 AM
and not that USA,Canada,or anyone else of interest is doing well. :boring:

Im ready for the Sabres to get back to work! :hockey:

chubluv
02-19-2006, 01:13 AM
I agree there have been alot of injuries so far. Lets get the guys back here and get the season back going.

SABURZFAN
02-19-2006, 03:26 AM
i like Olympic hockey. :up:

chubluv
02-19-2006, 03:30 AM
I like olympic hockey to, but I'm getting nervous with all the injuries going on. Plus the Sabres have been playing great.

Tinboy
02-19-2006, 07:23 AM
Well it's just one more week...

SabreEleven
02-19-2006, 11:16 AM
With all these injuries, I don't see NHL player in the Olympics after 2010.

Meathead
02-19-2006, 11:24 AM
ur crayzee

the olympic hockey has been freakin awesome

i wish we had this every year

in fact, id rather have this than the nhl

Philagape
02-19-2006, 12:44 PM
International hockey is the best hockey under the right conditions. The Canada Cup/World Cup was awesome because it was held in September with fresh legs. But the NHLers in the Olympics have been erratic at times because of jet lag and an insane schedule (five games in seven days!). Switzerland (right next door) beating Canada is not that suprising in hindsight. Hopefully 2010 will be better because it's in Vancouver. But if the NHL ditched the Olympics and did a World Cup every four years, I'd be fine with that.

Ingtar33
02-20-2006, 12:10 PM
are you people nuts?

obstruction and oversized pads are all im seeing out there right now. this makes me thank god the NHL nuked most of this in the lockout

Philagape
02-20-2006, 10:39 PM
I'm off Tuesday, so I can watch Olympic hockey all day! :D

Philagape
02-21-2006, 04:08 PM
Well I saw two great games today, between Canada-Czech and USA-Russia. The players were flying. Playoff intensity. I can't wait for the quarters tomorrow.

Ebenezer
02-21-2006, 04:12 PM
I'm not in favor of the pros playing in the Olypmics (in any sport)...bring on the NHL.

Typ0
02-21-2006, 04:46 PM
I wouldn't mind if it was all amateur sports...the problem is how to define the line of amature in a lot of countries. I like the Olympics.

Ebenezer
02-21-2006, 04:53 PM
I wouldn't mind if it was all amateur sports...the problem is how to define the line of amature in a lot of countries. I like the Olympics.
notice how I said "any sport"...most of them are pros just based on endorsement deals...

Typ0
02-21-2006, 05:00 PM
notice how I said "any sport"...most of them are pros just based on endorsement deals...

oh I understand what you mean....I just think they had to change it because there are organized leagues in many nations and they weren't neccessarily the "pro's" but they had great athletes that just didn't want to leave home and go play somewhere else. So, it really wasn't fair. Heck, I think the russian hockey team we beat in '80 had their best players on it and they had played together for years being groomed to win the Olympics...and then they went to play against a bunch of amateurs.

Ebenezer
02-21-2006, 05:41 PM
oh I understand what you mean....I just think they had to change it because there are organized leagues in many nations and they weren't neccessarily the "pro's" but they had great athletes that just didn't want to leave home and go play somewhere else. So, it really wasn't fair. Heck, I think the russian hockey team we beat in '80 had their best players on it and they had played together for years being groomed to win the Olympics...and then they went to play against a bunch of amateurs.
that's what made the US victory so much better...like if Kazakhstan beat the US pros in hockey.

Philagape
02-21-2006, 06:19 PM
I say why distinguish? The Olympics should be about the best athletes. Why care if they're pro or amateur?
Plus, if they're the best, it draws more interest. Would anyone here have cared about Olympic hockey if there were no NHL players? There's already an annual tournament for that, the World Juniors.

Ebenezer
02-21-2006, 06:36 PM
I say why distinguish? The Olympics should be about the best athletes. Why care if they're pro or amateur?
Plus, if they're the best, it draws more interest. Would anyone here have cared about Olympic hockey if there were no NHL players? There's already an annual tournament for that, the World Juniors.
the reason why it was always amateurs was because the modern olympics were founded on the principles of the ancient olympics...which were eventually banned because of professionalism...