PDA

View Full Version : Five shopping months left for Bills

Mitchy moo
02-19-2006, 07:57 AM
http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20060219/1021036.asp

The Buffalo Bills are hoping they can make a relatively quick turnaround from their 5-11 season.

In introducing Marv Levy as the team's new general manager, Bills owner Ralph C. Wilson Jr. said, "As far as I'm concerned I have to hark back to what was said by George Allen, who Marv worked with at the Redskins: "As far as we're concerned, the future is now for the Buffalo Bills.' " If the future is now, the Bills are going to have to make a lot of smart roster decisions over the next five months because they were a long way away from Super Bowl contention this year.

patmoran2006
02-19-2006, 09:17 AM
I respect Mark Gaughn as a writer, but I'm not sure where he's going there.

This was a 5-11 team, a team that with this roster is going nowhere. I didn't see so much a single suggestion anywhere that Buffalo would look to Free Agency to upgrade. He talks of possibly moving Gandy to guard to compete with Anderson.. why?

This team needs to scrap that entire left side of the line and acquire two guys, via FA or draft that are UPGRADES and will bring this line up to at least.. average.. They are NOT even average with the starting five from last year, they were terrible. Anderson was a dreadful pass blocker, and though Gandy came cheap and in that regards played decent, is NOT the man to protect a QB's blind side.

All I can say is that if Levy is on this path I think he may be going, don't expect ANY kind of major impact via free agency.

This roster is simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH. At least 7-10 players need to be shown the door and we must go out and find more TALENT at key positions, especially on both sides of the line.

Bennie Anderson.. Gandy.. Bannon.. Denney..Tim Anderson.. Posey... That sounds like 5-11 to me.