If Brees is out there, the Bills should go get him!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

If Brees is out there, the Bills should go get him!

He is just coming into his own and is a very smart QB. He would fill that position for years to come and we could finally stop worrying about if we have a capable playmaker behind center. Yes, Losman is still here, but if they are going to make him compete with Holcomb for the job, it's obvious that they don't feel 100% comfortable with him. I don't want to see another season wasted with Holcomb behind center! If we are not going to let Losman grow and learn, then we need to address the QB position now and who better to fill the position than Brees? It makes perfect sense. Now, will Brees want to come here? Well, that is a different story, but money talks.
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Re: If Brees is out there, the Bills should go get him!

Originally posted by Nighthawk
    He is just coming into his own and is a very smart QB. He would fill that position for years to come and we could finally stop worrying about if we have a capable playmaker behind center. Yes, Losman is still here, but if they are going to make him compete with Holcomb for the job, it's obvious that they don't feel 100% comfortable with him. I don't want to see another season wasted with Holcomb behind center! If we are not going to let Losman grow and learn, then we need to address the QB position now and who better to fill the position than Brees? It makes perfect sense. Now, will Brees want to come here? Well, that is a different story, but money talks.
    This is definitely a serious option to consider. He will command a high price tag though and I don't think that the Bills will have the appetite to go after him knowing that we have the possibility of pissing away another first round pick on Losman if he is to be just a bench warmer. Look for the Cowboys, Vikings or the Dolphins to make a serious bid for Brees.
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jpdex12
      This is definitely a serious option to consider. He will command a high price tag though and I don't think that the Bills will have the appetite to go after him knowing that we have the possibility of pissing away another first round pick on Losman if he is to be just a bench warmer. Look for the Cowboys, Vikings or the Dolphins to make a serious bid for Brees.
      Yeah, I know, but if this franchise wants Losman to be the guy and to succeed, then they have to start treating him like he is their QB. Don't insult him with a competition with a journeyman backup who is not good enough to take this team to the Super Bowl. That is just a waste of time.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

I think there's a good chance the competition thing is to satisfy the veterans who didn't like that we just handed him the job last year. Short of an injury or a miracle, Kelly won't win the job.
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

With either of our 2 current QB's in, the Bills won't win either.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
            I think there's a good chance the competition thing is to satisfy the veterans who didn't like that we just handed him the job last year. Short of an injury or a miracle, Kelly won't win the job.
            That is exactly what it is. They will gear the offense to suit Willis and JP. They will focus on plays that both do really well. JP will be given every shot to not lose the job. This is all BS to shut up a few whiny vets.

As for as Brees is concerned, Get real. We can't afford him. QB IS NOT A PROBLEM! Thank GOD DJ and Marv understand this. Make the TEAM around the QB better and you get better QB play. that is how it is. Brett Favre showed this year what happens when you have a HOF QB and surround him with nothing but crap.

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
              With either of our 2 current QB's in, the Bills won't win either.
              That is as moronic a post as I have ever seen.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

No the Bills should not go after a QB that is just coming off shoulder surgery. They should not go after a QB who will demand top dollar cash that Ralph wont cough up.

WTF is wrong with you morons? We just freaking drafted a QB in the first round. GIve the guy time to develop and show what he has. Some of you just make me sick.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

BTW, we have alot bigger fish to fry right now than freaking QB.

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                    No the Bills should not go after a QB that is just coming off shoulder surgery. They should not go after a QB who will demand top dollar cash that Ralph wont cough up.

WTF is wrong with you morons? We just freaking drafted a QB in the first round. GIve the guy time to develop and show what he has. Some of you just make me sick.
                    GR81, It is an effect of the Madden/ESPN Generation. See the term 'win now' was a media driven statement that took on a life of it's own. Thanks to a turnaround by the Panthers (From nothing one year to Superbowl the next) and the rothlesburger effect, fans think every QB, every team should just turn around and be 13-3. Problem is there is no way mathmatically it can happen.

Bills fans got spoiled by the 88-96 teams. Sorry, that just doesn't happen anymore. It was before Free agency we had the meat of that team in place and still built through the draft. Back then a rookie could sit 3 years before starting. And even then you didn't expect anything from them until about their 4th to 5th years in the league. Now they want a rookie to come in and make the probowl year one.

Fans need to get a friggin clue. Again I say THANK GOD Marv and DJ Gets it. Marv knows the TEAM must be better for JP to be better. DJ says he just needs JP to relax and play better. He will give him full backing if he just settles down and plays better.

Give the kid some damn time. So far he has been surounded by crap for a team and the most moronic staff in NFL history outside of that fielded by Rich Kotite!

Comment

• dolphinssuck
                      • Dec 2005

I believe we'll be OK at QB we have a young QB who if given the chance to can lead this team. Brees is good but we do not need him now.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

As I said in a comment in a similar post.. Brees isn't a Top 15 QB without Antonio Gates.

God dammit! WE better take Vernon Davis or Macredes Lewis! I wont drop it.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                          As I said in a comment in a similar post.. Brees isn't a Top 15 QB without Antonio Gates.

God dammit! WE better take Vernon Davis or Macredes Lewis! I wont drop it.
                          Here here.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                            Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jpdex12
                            Look for the Cowboys, Vikings or the Dolphins to make a serious bid for Brees.
                            Ummmm, you're forgetting the Jets.

Comment

• BrunnyJ
                              • Dec 2005

I would like Brees but I don't think he will help much until we get a decent O Line. Give Losman a chance and then if he fails we can look for a QB.

So you think Brandon Spikes is Dirty?

Comment

Working...
                              X