We are NOT gettin Brees, time to drop it. And an interesting trend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

We are NOT gettin Brees, time to drop it. And an interesting trend.

Nor are we getting Pennington if he hits the market etc. Stop now. I know I know 'But ICE this board is to discuss the Bills blah blah blah'. Fine, discuss them...but do so out of Madden mode please.

Marv levy and Dick Jaruron understand our needs...THANK GOD! and it is NOT QB! JP will be given every chance to win the starters job. What gets me is the Clements supporters are willing to write off a crap season for nate based on bad coaching, no pressure from up front and a worthless scheme, but won't give JP the same consideration.

I don't care who drafted him, this team isn't going to give up on JP without giving him a LEGITIMATE shot. Not going to happen. Marv has all but said this. Make the Defense better, you get better QB play. Get better on the OL and you get better QB play. Run the damn ball, you get better QB play. Marv and DJ get it, some fans don't.

That said, there is a very interesting trend this offseason. No one is willing to redo thier deals. Not mike williams (for now 3 offseasons), not Pennington, and brees won't accept anything but a long term deal. Steve McNair has to have a redo done or Tenn owes him a 15 mill bonus. Today his agent says it will be a long drawn out process, or not at all. In other words, they signed a deal and want their money. If not from their current teams, then from someone else.

I know there is talk about Brees to the Jets for many reasons (one is the QB coach) but Cutting Pennington will cost them 10 Mill against the cap. I think they will just stand pat and draft a QB (BTW...that helps us with who might fall to us).

At this point I can see New Orleans, Tenn, and the Jets all taking QB's.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: We are NOT gettin Brees, time to drop it. And an interesting trend.

Reality, JP needs to do a 180, running chicken scared isn't going to cut it in the NFL. This is the moronic a post as I have ever seen.

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
      Reality, JP needs to do a 180, running chicken scared isn't going to cut it in the NFL. This is the moronic a post as I have ever seen.
      Reality, Yours are the most inbred and pathetic posts on this board. Now STFU and stay off of my posts.

Comment

• BAM
        • Sep 2003

Why all the hostility fellas? Relax, put down the internet, and go outside. It's sunny out there today.

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BAM
          Why all the hostility fellas? Relax, put down the internet, and go outside. It's sunny out there today.
          It is about 14 degrees and two days of straight Sleet where I am.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
            Sab and TD are insignificant
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
            [/QUOTE=ICE74129]Reality, Yours are the most inbred and pathetic posts on this board. Now STFU and stay off of my posts.[/QUOTE]

CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!
            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

I think Brees is overated, and wouldnt be a top 15 QB if he didn't have Gates.

Hmmm.. A game-changing TE... Maybe I'll write something about us drafting one.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                I think Brees is overated, and wouldnt be a top 15 QB if he didn't have Gates.

Hmmm.. A game-changing TE... Maybe I'll write something about us drafting one.
                Kevin Everett is pretty good from what I've heard...
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Devin
                  The Octagon
                  • Apr 2003

ICE is like the reverse Ingtar.
                  http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
                    Kevin Everett is pretty good from what I've heard...
                    I hear his just another punk from Tha U and so far can't even get on the field to practice.

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

It's kind of a no win situation for the staff in terms of the QB position. Holcolm is not good enough...if they bring in another veteran plenty of people are going to be in an uproar and if we draft a guy it's going to be a waste of a pick. To me, it looks kind of irrational to sit around and live on hope that JP will produce. I've had enough of hope. I think we will draft a QB myself. It's going to be a hard decision...because if we pick in the top half of the first round there is going to be either a very good QB or a very good RB available.

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

To me, it looks kind of irrational to sit around and live on hope that JP will produce. I've had enough of hope.
                        are you saying you've given up on JP after so little playing time?
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

It is WAY too premature to give up on JP. I simply don't understand people who have written him off after 8 starts - particularly with our pathetic O line and defense, a mediocre running game and a lousy coaching staff.

Could we give him at least a full season before we throw him under the bus?
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BAM
                            • Sep 2003

:

Yah he really does need a full season before we totally write him off. Maybe even two.

IMO the reason people are writing him off already is because of Tom Donahoe. According to him, JP was to pick up where Bledsoe left off and even take us to the playoffs last year. Obviously that did not happen and what did unfold couldn't have been farther from it.

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                              It is WAY too premature to give up on JP. I simply don't understand people who have written him off after 8 starts - particularly with our pathetic O line and defense, a mediocre running game and a lousy coaching staff.

Could we give him at least a full season before we throw him under the bus?
                              the people who are writing him off are seeing black and white...but we live in a grey world. It's just as silly to say he's a bust as it is to say he's the next coming of Montana. As an organization we just can't sit around and hope he's going to pan out. He's got a great deal of skill and looked very promising in college and the time he spent here. Does that mean we should stake the next five seasons on JP Lossman? I don't think so.

Comment

Working...
                              X