X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Bills To Franchise Clements

According to the Sunday edition of the NY Post, the Buffalo Bills are definately going to place the franchise tag on cornerback Nate Clements. By doing so the former first round pick will not be able to test the free-agent market. more
    The team is also likely to let receiver Josh Reed and center Trey Teague loose.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills To Franchise Clements

i want them to keep josh reed..

i know he is not what we thought he would be.. but i just have this awful gut feeling that he will go some where else and do well.. losman seemed to like reed and evans the most.
    Last edited by Tatonka; 02-19-2006, 08:38 PM.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• rschepise
      Zoner
      • May 2005

Good Post. I actually hope that the Bills retain Josh Reed. He seemed to develop a good rapport with JP Losman. Josh Reed seemed to progress last season as a slot receiver (Minus a couple drops at San Diego). However, I think it is time to part ways with Trey Teague. The Bills need to upgrade at the interior of their offensive line.

Comment

• rschepise
        Zoner
        • May 2005

Good Post. I actually hope that the Bills retain Josh Reed. He seemed to develop a good rapport with JP Losman. Josh Reed seemed to progress last season as a slot receiver (Minus a couple drops at San Diego). However, I think it is time to part ways with Trey Teague. The Bills need to upgrade at the interior of their offensive line.

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Ditto...with JP, he's actually done pretty well...and besides..his old college coach is now with the Fish
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

I thought Clements was a no-brainer once his tag $$ was reduced.

I'd like to see them keep Reed also. He drops a few, but he is a decent blocker and a viable slot receiver, IMO.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• sba
              • Dec 2004

Goodbye Josh Reed !!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

i could totally see reed with the fish.. kind of irritating.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• vicmantak
                  • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                  i could totally see reed with the fish.. kind of irritating.
                  Agree. I can see the same scenario.
                  The only thing I know is that a confident Reed will kill us...

On the other hand, it's a little late but it's great to know that Bills will franchise Clements. Right now, commited teams will be trying to find many ways to get him.

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
                  - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

yeah.. i wouldnt expect it, but if another team offered us two first rounders for nate.. i would take it in a new york minute.

Comment

• G. Host
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2002

yeah.. i wouldnt expect it, but if another team offered us two first rounders for nate.. i would take it in a new york minute.
                      Actually Bills would not have a choice with franchise tag - that is how much it costs.

And yeah Reed appeared to be getting his mojo back and for a while was only one consistantly catching balls from both QBs AND he was blocking better than our star RB. I'd hope the Bills could sign him on a 2 or 3 deal but they will probably lose him since they NEED to rebuild the OL.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

well, they could match the contract or accept the 2 firsts.. but i have never seen it happen, and dont expect that it would.

i am wondering how much josh reed would really want.. i mean, it is not like he could command much more than league minimum based on his stats.. maybe we can sign him to a 3 year 2.5 million dollar deal or something. he doesnt seem like the kind of guy that is running for the money.. he almost seems like the kind of guy that would want to prove he isnt a bust and stick around to see the ship righted.

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by G. Host
                          Actually Bills would not have a choice with franchise tag - that is how much it costs.

And yeah Reed appeared to be getting his mojo back and for a while was only one consistantly catching balls from both QBs AND he was blocking better than our star RB. I'd hope the Bills could sign him on a 2 or 3 deal but they will probably lose him since they NEED to rebuild the OL.
                          The Bills can agree to lesser compensation.

Comment

• vicmantak
                            • Jun 2005

Maybe I'm wrong but if Bills FO are only willing to get something for Nate, they can make some franchise contract changes and get only one 1st round pick as they did some years ago. Last year, if I'm not wrong Colts, Jaguars and Eagles were looking to trade their franchised players for only a 2nd round pick.

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
                            - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

I think the Bills will do this to see if they can get a reasonable deal done with nate. If not, look for him to be traded on draft day. No way they let him play out one year then let him walk or tag him again.

Interesting in the article is they are going to let Teague walk. THANK GOD! That means Center and LG will now both definately be addressed.

Comment

Working...
                              X