PDA

View Full Version : OK....two weeks to free agency...

Italian Stallion
02-20-2006, 11:28 AM
And usually this is the time that, around the league, we see all the restructuring, cuts and re signings. What do all of you guys see happening this week and begining of next?

I'm of the belief that teams should use this week as the "gaining money period" where all cuts and restructuring occurs. That way they can head into next week with a certian dollar figure which to work with. Then they resign their own free agents and tender RFA's with their new adjusted cap figure.

So, I believe the following will realistically happen with the Bills this week:

- will announce they have placed the franchise tag on Clements.

- will announce that they have restructured Mike Williams contract and offically moved him to the guard position.

- will announce that Eric Moulds has agreed to contract reshuffling, and will stay with the team.

-will announce the cuts of Lawyer Milloy, Mark Campbell, and possibly Jeff Posey

- will announce tenders of all RFA's and the resignings of Ryan Denney, Ron Edwards, Mike Schenek, Kevin Thomas

I'm no cap expert, but I believe if all of the above happens, we should be in good shape for at least a few Free Agent additions

Let's hear what you guys think...

kgun12
02-20-2006, 11:35 AM
And usually this is the time that, around the league, we see all the restructuring, cuts and re signings. What do all of you guys see happening this week and begining of next?

I'm of the belief that teams should use this week as the "gaining money period" where all cuts and restructuring occurs. That way they can head into next week with a certian dollar figure which to work with. Then they resign their own free agents and tender RFA's with their new adjusted cap figure.

- will announce that they have restructured Mike Williams contract and offically moved him to the guard position.

- will announce that Eric Moulds has agreed to contract reshuffling, and will stay with the team.

-will announce the cuts of Lawyer Milloy, Mark Campbell, and possibly Jeff Posey

- will announce tenders of all RFA's and the resignings of Ryan Denney, Ron Edwards, Mike Schenek, Kevin Thomas

I'm no cap expert, but I believe if all of the above happens, we should be in good shape for at least a few Free Agent additions

I like all of the above except for the restucturing of Williams. I think it is time to cut ties with him. I think it goes past ability with him. Training camp last year showed some of him problems are off field and I don't think he has resovled those issues. Maybe Marv in his fatherly way can help him through them, but I don't think so. I think the money we save by cutting him can be better spent. I am willing to take the dead cap, cause I think the cap savings can be used to better this team.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-20-2006, 12:25 PM
I like restructuring Williams. Many forget that he has shown some very real ability and has the size to be a force. If we part ways with him, I would bet we'll all be *****ing about it this time next year.
If we can reach a reasonable figure with him, he should remain on the team.
I think Moulds is gone. There are too many cost prohibitive restrictions on his current contract that would not allow us to restructure within the range we want to be in. That said, I think it is indicative of the piss poor planning on Donahoe's part to place this year of the contract at the tail end of the contract with an aging player. It doesn't allow the team much flexibility.
we'll tag Clements, and I can live with his cap number this year to give King
and Greer another year to develop. We really should tender Greer, I think
he has shown enough to warrant it.
Good bye, and good riddance to Lawyer Milloy, Troy Vincent and Jeff Posey.
Lots of cash with almost zero return. Flashy names mean nothing.
And if Sam Adams is gone, I won't like it, but this team is so far from complete
that I'll live with it.
Why resign Denney & Edwards? They have proven to be inadequate, and
we are using a different scheme this year....so it's not like you can say to keep them for their familiarity with the system.
I think our biggest area of opportunity is QB. I have no problem letting JP have a competition for the job. But the competition should include someone qualified to be a starter in the NFL. Holcomb is just not that guy. Thus the bar is being set too low. I have no ideas on who to look at, and I have no illusions that it will really happen, but I think for this team to make strides this year, we'll either have to see Losman blossom into something much better than he has shown he can be, or we need to pick up a proven commodity at QB.

ZacGriffi~82
02-20-2006, 12:49 PM
We aren't going to cut both of our safties, and i'll be very suprised if we cut one.

ICE74129
02-20-2006, 04:15 PM
Cut Williams, trade or cut moulds

vicmantak
02-21-2006, 12:34 AM

amen... but I would add Adams and Vincent in the reshuffling list...

Marvelous
02-21-2006, 05:10 AM
No way we cut Posey. The guy produces. Don't forget he's a LOLB and he comes out alot on 3rd downs etc.. I was rewatching the Falcons game and Posey was a beast... I liek Crowell/Posey rotating. or 1 of them depth......

!Papacrunk!
02-21-2006, 07:22 AM
Shouldn't there be some sort of discussion about the CBA and how the lack of a new one may impact things?

Tinboy
02-21-2006, 07:28 AM

Clements franchise tag - Yes and possibly a trade during the draft.

Moulds will get cut, a shame but we can get a good nr 2 WR free agent

Mike Williams will be cut, I don't see him taking a huge pay cut.

As for Lawyer Milloy, Mark Campbell, and Jeff Posey I would like to keep Posey around as back up but I don't think that is going to happen.

HHURRICANE
02-21-2006, 07:34 AM
I like restructuring Williams. Many forget that he has shown some very real ability and has the size to be a force. If we part ways with him, I would bet we'll all be *****ing about it this time next year.
If we can reach a reasonable figure with him, he should remain on the team.

Wow! The only abitlity he has shown me was to be able to show up to camp 50 pounds overweight. This guy is a loser. I don't like playing or working with losers and I hope the Bills feel the same way.

HHURRICANE
02-21-2006, 07:36 AM
I think Moulds is gone. There are too many cost prohibitive restrictions on his current contract that would not allow us to restructure within the range we want to be in.

We'll tag Clements, and I can live with his cap number this year to give King
and Greer another year to develop. We really should tender Greer, I think
he has shown enough to warrant it.
Good bye, and good riddance to Lawyer Milloy, Troy Vincent and Jeff Posey.
Lots of cash with almost zero return. Flashy names mean nothing.
And if Sam Adams is gone, I won't like it, but this team is so far from complete
that I'll live with it.
Why resign Denney & Edwards? They have proven to be inadequate, and
we are using a different scheme this year....so it's not like you can say to keep them for their familiarity with the system.
I think our biggest area of opportunity is QB. I have no problem letting JP have a competition for the job. But the competition should include someone qualified to be a starter in the NFL. Holcomb is just not that guy. Thus the bar is being set too low. I have no ideas on who to look at, and I have no illusions that it will really happen, but I think for this team to make strides this year, we'll either have to see Losman blossom into something much better than he has shown he can be, or we need to pick up a proven commodity at QB.

By the way I liked everything else you wrote and completely agree!! Good post other than the Willaims comment.

Jan Reimers
02-21-2006, 07:51 AM
What's wrong with Mark Campbell again? Tim Euhus hasn't really proven himself, although he may turn out to be a good receiver, and Kevin Everett hasn't played a down and is coming off major knee surgery.

Does it make sense to cut our only proven TE at this stage in time?

mysticsoto
02-21-2006, 08:04 AM
What's wrong with Mark Campbell again? Tim Euhus hasn't really proven himself, although he may turn out to be a good receiver, and Kevin Everett hasn't played a down and is coming off major knee surgery.

Does it make sense to cut our only proven TE at this stage in time?

I think Euhus has proved himself. He is an excellent receiver, and before he got hurt, he was making some good catches. The problem with Campbell is that he is making $1 million more than Euhus and the production doesn't warrant it. I don't dislike Campbell, but if he wants to play for vet minimum, I'd be fine in keeping him.

Jan Reimers
02-21-2006, 08:47 AM
I think Euhus has proved himself. He is an excellent receiver, and before he got hurt, he was making some good catches. The problem with Campbell is that he is making $1 million more than Euhus and the production doesn't warrant it. I don't dislike Campbell, but if he wants to play for vet minimum, I'd be fine in keeping him.
I think Euhus has been hurt quite a bit and hasn't played enough to establish himself as anything but a potentially good receiver, but an unremarkable blocker.

Combined with the uncertainty surrounding Everett, I just think it's a bit premature to release Campbell.

SpillerThrills
02-21-2006, 12:23 PM

well when your TE has to stay in and help block cause your line sucked ofcourse his production isn't going to be up there...... what do you expect him to do stay in and block but still put up big numbers??? it's not gonna happen!!

Jeff1220
02-21-2006, 12:47 PM
Shouldn't there be some sort of discussion about the CBA and how the lack of a new one may impact things?

I was actually thinking the same thing. I knw the FA dates start soon, but if the CBA mess isn't cleared up, teams are going to be reluctant to start signing anyone, just as players would be reluctant to sign.

mysticsoto
02-21-2006, 01:05 PM
well when your TE has to stay in and help block cause your line sucked ofcourse his production isn't going to be up there...... what do you expect him to do stay in and block but still put up big numbers??? it's not gonna happen!!

I don't disagree with that. But still, I feel TEs are a dime a dozen and Campbell is just an average TE. I don't think he's difficult to replace - and quite frankly, we need to create some cap space for some vets on our lines (maybe a safety vet also). I don't think Campbell does anything that we absolutely need that our other TEs can't do. I thought Euhus did great before he was injured, I would like to give Everett a chance, and I also remember Cieszlak making some fantastic catches last year and being retained b'cse of that. I say give the young guys a chance and let's save some money by dumping Campbell...