• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Buffalo Bills 7 Round Mock Draft

1. Tamba Hali, DE
    Assuming Brick, Hawk, and Williams are gone id like to go DE here. Ngata is tempting and his character is unquestionable. But pairing Hali with Schobel at DE's gives us a massive upgrade at LE and 2 young studs at the DE position. Given how deep both the draft and FA is this year at OL I think round 1 needs to be spent on a DE/DT.

2. Nick Mangold, C
    Gives us an absolute mauler at C. Moreso then OT we need a solid interior line. Teague will be gone (as is being reported now) and Mangold gives us another nice addition to a soon-to-be revamped OL.

3. Daniel Bullocks, S
    Depth and a potential starter in another year. Preparing for the aging S's departure.

3. Kyle Williams, DT
    Again much needed depth. Not starter material yet, but with some good coaching and a little more weight could become a solid option. Teamed with Wrotten to be one of the best DT tandems in the country. Seems to be a Marv Levy kind of guy.

4. Mark Setterstrom, OG
    Much needed youth, quality depth at the OL position. EXCELLENT pulling guard, very athletic. Agile feet and long arms, has experience at both LT and C.

5. Joe Klopfenstein, TE
    Exceptional size, very solid blocker, great route runner and has good hands. Had a very good senior bowl, was stellar in run blocking. Reminds me of a more athletic Jay Reimersma.

6. Derrick Martin, CB
    Blazing Speed, excellent hitter. Could be a few inches taller, but reminds a few scouts of a young Ty Law. Would excel in Cover 2. While given a 2nd-4th round grade, he will likely drop some and could be had in the 5th/6th potentially.

7. Kyle Killion, LB
    This kid is a wrecking crew. Averaging almost 100 tackles a season for IU, very strong and quick he still needs to put on about 5-10 pounds of muscle. Would be an excellent ST'er under Bobby April, and in a few years could find himself getting some playing time

While I wanted to address needs, I also wanted to get "Marv Levy" kind of guys. I feel this class gives a bunch of talent and character. I wouldnt mind Lutui, OG at the second pick either.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: Buffalo Bills 7 Round Mock Draft

This assumes we franchise Clements, dump Mike Williams

1- Haloti Ngata- DT -Oregon

Assuming Brick, Hawk, and Williams are gone I'll go with the high charachter NGata. Teaming with Sam Adams and eventually suceeding him, the Bills will again have the duo in 2006 that will absorb the opponent's interior line, freeing a healthy Spikes and Fletcher to do their thing, ala 2003 and 2004.
    Kelsay and Schobel are more than adequate at the DE's, and with the active LBers the Bills have, they caqn be propped up. The big problem is the center of the line. We need a black hole- NGata fits the Bill.

2- Thomas Howard OLB UTEP
    This guy is fast and he's versatile. Can take on slot WRs and the faster TEs in the league. Could be groomed to be Spike's replacement in a few years.

3A-Kevin Boothe -G Cornell
    Big physical specimine with the perfect mesurables- just didn't get a shot at top competition

3B- Anthony Fasano TE Notre Dame

He can block, he gets the clutch catch, is a pressure player. Smart student who blossomed underr Charlie Weiss. Another Levy-esque charachter guy

4- Ryan Cook C New Mexico
    He's 6-7 and can play almost anywhere on the line. Mean guy who doesn't quit. would be a solid & versatile guy. Great in pass protection. He could assume Bennie Anderson's starting spot and back up Preston at center

5- Bruce Gradowski QB Toledo
    Bills need a quality backup once Holcomb moves on or JP Losman becomes a boom/bust. One of the most accurate and efficient passers in college.

6- Matt Lenz -G- Michigan

Good Offensive line depth-potential as a future starter in a few years.Another team leader/charachter guy

7- Gerald Riggs Jr- RB- Tennesee

If he's still there- could go as early as the 4th round. Great bloodlines, (DAD WAS A PRO BOWLER) but injuries hampered his progress. If he's gone- Bills might go after a FB to eventually replace Shelton.

7-a I like JD Runnels- FB Oklahoma a mini OL man out of the backfield. He hammers defenders. Also could be a compensitory pick. Could excell at special teams
    Last edited by Dozerdog; 02-26-2006, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

Damn Doz we didnt double a single pick.

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dozerdog
        This assumes we franchise Clements, dump Mike Williams

1- Haloti Ngata- DT -Oregon

Assuming Brick, Hawk, and Williams are gone I'll go with the high charachter NGata. Teaming with Sam Adams and eventually suceeding him, the Bills will again have the duo in 2006 that will absorb the opponent's interior line, freeing a healthy Spikes and Fletcher to do their thing, ala 2003 and 2004.
        Kelsay and Schobel are more than adequate at the DE's, and with the active LBers the Bills have, they caqn be propped up. The big problem is the center of the line. We need a black hole- NGata fits the Bill.

2- Thomas Howard OLB UTEP
        This guy is fast and he's versatile. Can take on slot WRs and the faster TEs in the league. Could be groomed to be Spike's replacement in a few years.

3- Anthony Fasano TE Notre Dame

He can block, he gets the clutch catch, is a pressure player. Smart student who blossomed underr Charlie Weiss. Another Levy-esque charachter guy

4- Ryan Cook C New Mexico
        He's 6-7 and can play almost anywhere on the line. Mean guy who doesn't quit. would be a solid & versatile guy. Great in pass protection. He could assume Bennie Anderson's starting spot and back up Preston at center

5- Bruce Gradowski QB Toledo
        Bills need a quality backup once Holcomb moves on or JP Losman becomes a boom/bust. One of the most accurate and efficient passers in college.

6- Matt Lenz -G- Michigan

Good Offensive line depth-potential as a future starter in a few years.Another team leader/charachter guy

7- Gerald Riggs Jr- RB- Tennesee

If he's still there- could go as early as the 4th round. Great bloodlines, (DAD WAS A PRO BOWLER) but injuries hampered his progress. If he's gone- Bills might go after a FB to eventually replace Shelton.

7-a I like JD Runnels- FB Oklahoma a mini OL man out of the backfield. He hammers defenders. Also could be a compensitory pick. Could excell at special teams
        I like it.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
          Knows More Than You
          • Feb 2004

Here's what I'd like to see...(this is assuming that we adress o line in FA)

1. Tamba Hali DE PSU
          We so badly need another edge rusher to get to the QB. Having to manufacture a pass rush from blitz all the time is a bad sign

2. Marcedes Lewis TE UCLA
          This guy has great hands and I think could play reciever or tight end in the NFL. How nice would it be for JP to have a target like this?? (He drops to us because a few other TE's are picked before him)

3. Donte Whitner S Ohio St
          This guy is a pretty good player I could see falling to the end 2nd/early 3rd round. He's very physical and kinda reminds me of a younger Lawyer Milloy, who he would take over for.

3. Jeremy Trueblood T/G Boston College
          This guy is massive, and could easily develop into a solid starter. From what I read, his stock is dropping slightly, but his value is huge here.

4. Alan Zemaitis CB PSU
          I think this would be the steal of the draft. This dude was overshadowed by Hali, Poslusny and even Anwar Phillips at PSU, but he is a big, physical corner that would be peeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrfect in Jauron's cover 2. I want this dude on the Bills.

5. Tommy Jackson DT Auburn
          Big, thick guy that would add depth and comp. to a wide open position.

6. Clinton Solomon WR Iowa
          Tall but slender guy. Kinda reminds me of a Plaxico Burress type of guy. Could def. use his size in the Red Zone.

7. Josh Betts QB Miami(OH)
          Simply for development. Liked what I saw outta him, even though he had some big shoes to fill.
          BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• mysticsoto
            Too sober for this...
            • Apr 2004

Mystic's picks:

If the Jets take a QB (like it's looking) I actually think that Brick could fall to us. Without knowing what will happen in FA, this is my...albeit, optimistic view of what I would like of the draft:

1. D'Brickshaw Ferguson (OT) - Franchise LT for years to come.

1b. Gabe Watson (DT) - phenomenol DT who needs to just learn to put his all into every play! (from trade of Nate Clements to Giants). If Ted Washington becomes available, I still get him and alternate him and Sam Adams to give them rests alongside Watson!

2. Davin Joseph (OG) - Extremely strong Guard for the LG position - Oline should be solid for some time with these guys.

3a. Jonathan Joseph (CB) - CB with potential. Doesn't have alot of experience but has the physical attributes and tremendous speed. Fortunately, Cover-2 is easy to grasp and Corners get alot of help from the Safeties.

3b. Charlie Peprah (SS) - A ball hawk that will challenge WRs for the ball - should be excellent in a Cover 2 system.

4. Anthony Mix (TE) - A developmental prospect, but he got better each year. Transitioning from WR to TE. Has tremendous speed, needs to bulk up more.

5. Skyler Green (WR) - Fast, elusive and runs good routes. Also good on ST. A developmental prospect, but has to be better than Reed!!!

6. William Freeman (ILB) - big underrated developmental prospect to replace Fletcher.

7. Barrick Neally (QB) - possible sleeper prospect

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

There's no way Marcedes Lewis lasts until the 10th pick of round two...

He'll be gone by late first round.. In the 20-27 range.

And Mystic.
              IF we ever got Brick and Joseph in the first two rounds I'd be beyond estatic.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                • Jul 2005

Here's mine. I focused on needs and high intangibles:

1. Ngata. I'm being safe here. I think that the Jets take Cutler, which leaves ONE of either Hawk/Huff/Brick/Mario on the board for us. Just guessing, but I think Huff is probably the least sure-thing of those 4 (though SF desperately needs DBs), so I imagine we get to chose between Huff, Ngata and Vernon Davis as the best avaialble at 8. I think that Ngata best fits our needs at present, and thus I'm going with him for now, pre-combines and pre-free agency.

2. Davin Joseph. An almost sure-fire guard prospect with great intangibles and a mean streak. There will certainly be a few Tackle prospects available too, but I'd go with Joseph here.

3. Darryn Colledge, T. This guy sounds like the real deal, just needs to bulk up a bit and prove that Boise St.'s lack of real competition doesn't mean he can't play big-time football. Let him grow for a half-season/season under Gandy at LT.

3a. Thomas Howard, OLB. Fast as a speeding bullet, superb athletecism, great intangibles. I am hoping that the fact that he does need to get stronger and might lack the natural instinctiveness of, say AJ Hawk, will keep him on the board for us here.

4. Kelly Jennings, CB. Fast, athletic, good hands, tall, top intangibles. Pure cover guy, but questionable value in run support. I think he'd be a great cover guy for Juaron's defensive scheme, . At worst, a helluva nickel back.

5. Mark Setterstrom, G. Excellant techinican, great athlete, fairly fast as a pulling gaurd, top intangibles. Sole weakness is lack of bulk, some ability to get pushed around on the bull rush by a massive DT. If he adds some pounds and lower body strength, he could be a fabulous player.

6. Anthony Smith, S. Instinctive, big hitter, leader, excellant special teamer, great intangibles. Lacks high-end speed, could improve coverage skills. I've seen a lot of this guy in 'Cuse's games this year. He's one of the few bright spots.

7. Leon Washington, RB. Very fast, quick, super athleticism, good hands, great intangibles. Small, not an every down back, durability concerns. Might be a nice change of pace back-up to McGahee. Like a faster Shaud.
                Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• mysticsoto
                  Too sober for this...
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  There's no way Marcedes Lewis lasts until the 10th pick of round two...

He'll be gone by late first round.. In the 20-27 range.

And Mystic.
                  IF we ever got Brick and Joseph in the first two rounds I'd be beyond estatic.
                  I think season tickets would go through the roof if we had that draft.

That was just me...dreaming.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Devin
                    1. Tamba Hali, DE
                    Assuming Brick, Hawk, and Williams are gone id like to go DE here. Ngata is tempting and his character is unquestionable. But pairing Hali with Schobel at DE's gives us a massive upgrade at LE and 2 young studs at the DE position. Given how deep both the draft and FA is this year at OL I think round 1 needs to be spent on a DE/DT.

2. Nick Mangold, C
                    Gives us an absolute mauler at C. Moreso then OT we need a solid interior line. Teague will be gone (as is being reported now) and Mangold gives us another nice addition to a soon-to-be revamped OL.

3. Daniel Bullocks, S
                    Depth and a potential starter in another year. Preparing for the aging S's departure.

3. Kyle Williams, DT
                    Again much needed depth. Not starter material yet, but with some good coaching and a little more weight could become a solid option. Teamed with Wrotten to be one of the best DT tandems in the country. Seems to be a Marv Levy kind of guy.

4. Mark Setterstrom, OG
                    Much needed youth, quality depth at the OL position. EXCELLENT pulling guard, very athletic. Agile feet and long arms, has experience at both LT and C.

5. Joe Klopfenstein, TE
                    Exceptional size, very solid blocker, great route runner and has good hands. Had a very good senior bowl, was stellar in run blocking. Reminds me of a more athletic Jay Reimersma.

6. Derrick Martin, CB
                    Blazing Speed, excellent hitter. Could be a few inches taller, but reminds a few scouts of a young Ty Law. Would excel in Cover 2. While given a 2nd-4th round grade, he will likely drop some and could be had in the 5th/6th potentially.

7. Kyle Killion, LB
                    This kid is a wrecking crew. Averaging almost 100 tackles a season for IU, very strong and quick he still needs to put on about 5-10 pounds of muscle. Would be an excellent ST'er under Bobby April, and in a few years could find himself getting some playing time

While I wanted to address needs, I also wanted to get "Marv Levy" kind of guys. I feel this class gives a bunch of talent and character. I wouldnt mind Lutui, OG at the second pick either.
                    I like this mock a lot though I think we may be able to get a better DT in round 3. Other than that, I'd say good work.
                    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                    -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Devin
                      The Octagon
                      • Apr 2003

Thanks dude.

Comment

• Bmax
                        • Aug 2003

HOWARD IS RISING UP BOARDS... MIKE MAYOCK FROM NFL NETWORK HAS HIM AS A 1ST ROUND PICK.. i SAY NO LATER THAN PICK 40 OF ROUND 2....

BMAX

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Ideal 7 Rounds;
                          1. S Micheal Huff-We need a big young safety in the defense esp if we lose Clements next season. Huff would be that guy. He could be the next Ed Reed or Roy Williams

2. OG Tatsui Lutui-Overshadowed by USC explosive offense but the kid can play and has shown nothing but that all season. He's young, athletic, and can knock the snot out of players.

3a. CB Alan Zemaitis-Ball hawking CB who had 12 career int's and 6 this season alone. Overshadowed on a dominant Nintany Lions secondary but could be a steal.

3b. OC Greg Eslinger-Led a dominant and scary Minnesotta running attack and was the anchor of their line.

4. OT Jeremy Trueblood-Just a nasty physical in your face OT. The technique is not all there, but he is a good depth/insurance policy incase of injury or Gandy or Peters regress.

5. DE Eric Henderson-Natural Pass rusher with amazing size, has big injury concerns but in his first season playing had 7 sacks and 9 tackles for loss. Could be a 3rd down pass rush specialist and reak some havoc. He is a risk pick but one that could have huge returns.

6. WR Dallas Baker-All everything from HS, went to Florida and got hurt, never showed anything till this season. He was Leak's goto guy on a struggling offense and he made some clutch catches when they were needed.

7. QB Bruce Eugene-strictly a project pick but another huge return type of guy. Just look at his career numbers; 872-1657 140 TD 38 INT (rushing) 341 attempts 1207yds 19TD. This season alone he hoisted 56 TD and only 6 INT. The kid has a pro arm and has speed. He is built like a tank, Culpepper style. His only flaw is accuracy which sits at 52% for his career, but he is the project QB you want on this team.
                          Last edited by DraftBoy; 02-26-2006, 04:57 PM.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                            • Apr 2004

This is fun....

1. Jimmy Williams, FS Virginia Tech - If he is still on the board, I take him over Ngata. A DT can be had in FA or later in this draft.

2. Davin Joseph, OG Oklahoma - He is ready now. Perhaps the most athletic guard in the draft. He can pull, he can get a push, he can seal off the slashing defender. I liked what I saw at the combine! If Bunkley is here, this changes and the pick below goes to the best OL available...Spencer perhaps.

3a. Orien Harris, DT U. Miami - One of the quicker DT prospects out there. This is the type of payer you want if you seek a fast, swarming defense.

3b. Jeremy Trueblood, OT BC - This kid is massive and he does not seem to make mistakes. Although he wasn't the most athletic OT at the combine, he was impressive in his drills. Well worth a 3rd round pick. He's likely a year away from starting at LT but could come in at RT if Peters can make the move.

4. DonTrell Moore, RB New Mexico - In my mind, he should be a day one pick, but he just might not be. Although I admittedly don't know much about him, I like what the mock draft sites say about him. If they are right, I'd take him here in a heartbeat.

5. Chris Hannon, WR Tennessee - This is where he might project now (rounds 5-7), but what little I saw of him at the combine really impressed me and I expect his stock to rise. He had the softest hands of anyone there and his 4.46 40 is plenty fast enough for a guy with his size, 6'4" 200lbs.

6. Ingle Martin, QB Furman - A project, maybe, but a smart project. He looked pretty good at the combine...accurate, crisp, decent velocity and arm strength. This is where you look for a developmental QB if your team has many needs like the Bills do.

7. Justin London, LB UCLA - Would be going much higher if not for some ankle sprain issues that kept him from having productive junior and senior seasons (and really should go higher). I'll be keeping an eye on how he does at UCLA's pro days. Not invited to the combine.

Comment

• clumping platelets

I'll eat a single order of Wys Guy wings if the Bills draft Willis McGahee

Comment

Working...
                              X