PDA

View Full Version : Cap info stuff

ICE74129
02-22-2006, 08:28 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060222/1070955.asp?tbd1070955.asp

So, 9 mill to franchise Clements, and offers to EFA's and RFA's. By cutting Moulds and Williams and allocating 1.5 mill for draft picks, that leaves us 7 mill to attack FA. Not much at all when you consider there are teams with much more money than that.

Griz78
02-22-2006, 08:59 AM
Question...do you think Crowell can replace Posey as SLB? All I read is he is too short for the position. Does 3 inches or so really make a difference?

Just curious I guess. Maybe I don't know the defense that well but with Crowell getting starter money now and saving 1.75 by cutting Posey, it would seem if Crowell can play at SLB, it would make sense to put him there.

Michael82
02-22-2006, 09:17 AM
The CBA getting done would really be a big help for the Bills and the teams over the cap. :pray:

ICE74129
02-22-2006, 09:20 AM
Question...do you think Crowell can replace Posey as SLB? All I read is he is too short for the position. Does 3 inches or so really make a difference?

Just curious I guess. Maybe I don't know the defense that well but with Crowell getting starter money now and saving 1.75 by cutting Posey, it would seem if Crowell can play at SLB, it would make sense to put him there.

What gets me is too much is made about height, weight blah blah blah. You have heart, smarts and a strong motor, you play period.

ICE74129
02-22-2006, 09:22 AM
The CBA getting done would really be a big help for the Bills and the teams over the cap. :pray:

It will be done before the start of FA. The top NFL guy (Greg I.) Said that they don't plan on not starting FA on march 3rd. Now it means an uncapped year IF they don't put a plan in place. These deadlines are pure crap.

I have seen this sort of thing get extended. They can do FA, extend the deadline and make some consessions to start FA on time.

mysticsoto
02-22-2006, 09:34 AM

So, 9 mill to franchise Clements, and offers to EFA's and RFA's. By cutting Moulds and Williams and allocating 1.5 mill for draft picks, that leaves us 7 mill to attack FA. Not much at all when you consider there are teams with much more money than that.

Are you sure that $9 million doesn't include draft picks: The cost for Clements, the tender offers for young free agents and the rookies adds up to about $9 million.

I guess, when I read it, I took "rookies" to mean the draft picks coming in. If so, that's $1.5 Mil extra

Even so, what do we need in FA? Bentley would be nice (somewhere in the $3-3.5 mil range) and a DT like Grady Jackson ($3-3.5 mil range). If Ted Washington is released, we could likely get him for less given his age - and I bet he would take it. I have the feeling he would like to retire as a Buffalo Bill.

I think we can grab a top Guard in the 2nd rd easily. We should get atleast one of the top 3.

There are also other things that can be done. Milloy and Campbell come to mind as causalties if need be that could save us some.

Forward_Lateral
02-22-2006, 09:36 AM
It will cost 5.89 to franchise Nate, not sure where the 9 million came from, but it's incorrect.

mysticsoto
02-22-2006, 09:41 AM
It will cost 5.89 to franchise Nate, not sure where the 9 million came from, but it's incorrect.

That figure includes tender offers for FAs and rookies...see the quote in my post, or read the article (13th paragraph).

eyedog
02-22-2006, 09:43 AM
It looks pretty obvious to me where the cuts should be and it's a lot of money to be had;

moulds
williams
posey
vincent or milloy....or both. both is what i'd do. neither is worth the money and vincent will end up hurt anyway.
Campbell.

how much cap money does that save ?

Forward_Lateral
02-22-2006, 12:38 PM
That figure includes tender offers for FAs and rookies...see the quote in my post, or read the article (13th paragraph).

Gotcha.

Devin
02-22-2006, 12:43 PM
It looks pretty obvious to me where the cuts should be and it's a lot of money to be had;

moulds
williams
posey
vincent or milloy....or both. both is what i'd do. neither is worth the money and vincent will end up hurt anyway.
Campbell.

how much cap money does that save ?

a lot.

Nighthawk
02-22-2006, 03:51 PM

You have to remember, the numbers you're seeing for other teams does not include bonus' for current players on their roster. So, they are in the same boat as the Bills...relax.