PDA

View Full Version : So much for that Gold Medal, Canada...

Ebenezer
02-22-2006, 04:03 PM
Blanked by the Russians. I'm not dissing all the Canadians. I am, though, knocking those that had Canada written in pen in the finals. I have heard numerous commercials on the radio about where to be when "Canada wins the Gold". :shakeno: The world is too good these days. Can we now put an end to pros in the olympics?

Philagape
02-22-2006, 04:52 PM
The Russians were NHLers too. Can't say that's why Canada lost.

Ebenezer
02-22-2006, 05:49 PM
no....that wasn't my point...i would prefer to see amateurs, that's all

SkateZilla
02-22-2006, 07:24 PM
so USA and Canada Both out of a sport we've owned for a while... haha...

and hte Team with only a few NHLers Continues to Win Win Win

Timmah and MIller are prolly sitting back laughing at the team usa effort haha

LtBillsFan66
02-22-2006, 07:25 PM
Team Canada shoul hang their heads in shame.

Philagape
02-22-2006, 07:49 PM

The four remaining teams are all or almost all NHLers. Russia deserves to be there; no country has better young core than Kovalchuk, Ovechkin and Malkin

Ebenezer
02-22-2006, 08:04 PM
The four remaining teams are all or almost all NHLers. Russia deserves to be there; no country has better young core than Kovalchuk, Ovechkin and Malkin
and the Fins might have the best goaltending in the world.

Forward_Lateral
02-22-2006, 08:08 PM

What? Russia, Sweden, Slovakia, Finland all have NHL players.

Forward_Lateral
02-22-2006, 08:11 PM
Blanked by the Russians. I'm not dissing all the Canadians. I am, though, knocking those that had Canada written in pen in the finals. I have heard numerous commercials on the radio about where to be when "Canada wins the Gold". :shakeno: The world is too good these days. Can we now put an end to pros in the olympics?

I think Canadians have high, sometimes too high, expectations for their hockey teams. I was pissed that they lost, but it's not like they lost to a crappy team. Russia has amazing talent, so does Sweden, Finland, US, Czechs, Slovakia, etc.

Forward_Lateral
02-22-2006, 08:12 PM
and the Fins might have the best goaltending in the world.

Finland vs Russia is going to be a dandy.

Forward_Lateral
02-22-2006, 08:16 PM

They lost because Russia beat them fair and square. Canada couldn't put the puck in the net, and when you can't score, you can't win.

Philagape
02-22-2006, 09:30 PM
Finland vs Russia is going to be a dandy.

Finland has a great defensive system, from defensemen (led by our own Numminen) to forwards (Lehtinen, Kapanen, Ruutu). It's a great matchup against Russia's offense.

pyrrhonist
02-22-2006, 11:38 PM
Russia deserves to be there; no country has better young core than Kovalchuk, Ovechkin and Malkin

Exactly. It's a scary thought when guys like Kovalchuk & Ovechkin aren't even the best players on their own national team. Malkin is one of the greats, and he's not even in the NHL yet. And gaze upon what Nabokov can do when his defense isn't leaving him out to dry (I'm looking at you, San Josè blueline :( ).

Tinboy
02-23-2006, 12:58 AM
It's going to be two good semifinal, but it's going to be the sweden - russia in the finals.

Forward_Lateral
02-23-2006, 06:37 AM
I can't see Russia losing from here on out. They are way too deep and their goaltending is superb.

SkateZilla
02-23-2006, 09:31 PM
my mistake.. haha

Coincidence or not...

teppo PLays for Sabres.... Sabres Win.... Teppo Plays for and SCORES for Finland and Finland Plays Great!