PDA

View Full Version : more jennings info.. along with price and larsen

Tatonka
08-12-2002, 12:31 PM
Jennings Hurt in Monday A.M. Practice
Monday (8/12)
Empire Sports/WNSA Bills beat reporter Jeff Morrison reports that three Bills linemen were carted off the field in the morning practice session on Monday. The injured players are Jonas Jennings (OT), Leif Larsen (DT) and Marcus Price (OT). It is assumed that Jennings was taken right to the hospital following a right leg injury that forced him to be taken from the field on a golf cart. Larsen suffered a left leg injury while Price's problem was in the upper back. Neither left the field under his own power and it is not yet know the extent of any of the three injuries.

bduff54
08-12-2002, 01:04 PM
it's just a sprain!!! x-rays were negative

clumping platelets
08-12-2002, 01:08 PM
:phew:

WG
08-12-2002, 01:09 PM
Ligaments don't show up on x-rays. Only MRI does...

bduff54
08-12-2002, 01:11 PM
that's what has been reported Wys!

Tatonka
08-12-2002, 01:14 PM
THANK GOD! any time table?

bduff54
08-12-2002, 01:15 PM
not yet, GW just said x-rays were negative!

lordofgun
08-12-2002, 01:15 PM
severe ankle spraign! thank you God!

Tatonka
08-12-2002, 01:17 PM
Bills | Jennings Update - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
11:16 PT: Updating an earlier story, BuffaloBills.com reports Gregg Williams said x-rays on LT Jonas Jennings' ankle were negative. He has been diagnosed with ankle sprain.

Tatonka
08-12-2002, 01:18 PM
still.. this is not good.. ankle sprains are not something taht just go away.. he could be out a considerable amount of time if that is the case.. i say move MW to LT NOW... then insert jonas back at RT when he comes back.. have sullivan keep RT warm for jj.

Earthquake Enyart
08-12-2002, 01:22 PM
Big Mike at LT, Teague at RT, Conaty to C

Tatonka
08-12-2002, 01:28 PM
forget tt to rt.. booooo he has been focusing on his change of position.. dont hit him with another.

Earthquake Enyart
08-12-2002, 01:30 PM
If JJ is bad, they'll go TT at LT, and Conaty at C. I still think the sooner we get Big Mike to LT, the better off we will be.

TedMock
08-12-2002, 01:31 PM
I agree, let him settle in at center first. Even a bad ankle sprain isn't going to put jj out for the first regular game. we can plug in during preseason. We just have to make sure that there's an extra back or tight end to keep Bledsoe from getting crushed. I don't care if we lose every preseason game as long as we stay healthy. I'd like to see the running game concentrated on more this week anyway.

clumping platelets
08-12-2002, 01:35 PM
It's still early......go with Farris at LOT and leave everybody else where they at!

Tatonka
08-12-2002, 01:41 PM
i agree about getting MW to lt asap.. but i think for now.. they should...

PUT ME IN COACH! I WONT LET BLEDSOE GET HURT! they would call me Jeremy "kick the dline guy in the nuts" Ford...

i might get a couple penalties.. but bledsoe wont get hit =)

LtBillsFan66
08-12-2002, 01:42 PM
Anyone know the status of Jerry O? And, can't he play center?

Tatonka
08-12-2002, 02:34 PM
i would definately rather see conaty at center than jerry.

i wish someone would get me some more info!

Cntrygal
08-12-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i agree about getting MW to lt asap.. but i think for now.. they should...

PUT ME IN COACH! I WONT LET BLEDSOE GET HURT! they would call me Jeremy "kick the dline guy in the nuts" Ford...

i might get a couple penalties.. but bledsoe wont get hit =)

I'm with ya!!! and if they get past you, I'll break their knees!!!!

:D

HenryRules
08-12-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
It's still early......go with Farris at LOT and leave everybody else where they at!

I agree CP, they have too many people learning new positions or learning the NFL to move everyone around. Moving TT and MW would set everything back a couple of weeks and they're gonna need all the time they can get.

Halbert
08-12-2002, 04:08 PM
Jerry O played center for us a couple years ago.

TigerJ
08-12-2002, 04:36 PM
Empire Sports said as of 5:15 that Jennings' injury is a "high ankle sprain." Gregg Williams was quoted as saying he would not move Teague from his center spot. Price had a concussion and though he could miss a game, will be available for the last two preseason games and the start of the regualr season. Farris played at left tackle after Price went down, and would appear to be the next guy on the depth chart after Price. He is said to be having a better camp than last year and reports that he feels much better. I think Buffalo's plan is to play Price at left tackle (after his concussion heals) until Jennings comes back, backed up by Farris.

Conaty would be the best choice to play center if Farris goes down and Teague has to go back to tackle. Ostroski was ineffective at center. Let's hope it does not come to that.

Tatonka
08-12-2002, 04:38 PM
any word on how long a high ankle sprain takes to heal? didnt JJ have some ankle problems last year too that kept him out of some games? i seem to remember that he did. anyone rememberE?

TigerJ
08-12-2002, 09:27 PM
I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on TV, but I know athletes who have had high ankle sprians in the past, and they certainly seem to be slower healing than the garden variety ankle sprain. I think the position the player plays probably has a lot to do with how quickly he can return to active play. Running backs have to do a lot more in terms of making cuts. They might be slower to come back than a lineman. Any real doctors out there. My brother is, but he's not a football fan and I'm not going to bother him with a question he'd regard as silly.

Butch
08-12-2002, 09:38 PM
This is good news, but I won't feel at ease until I see Jennings play on that ankle.

WG
08-12-2002, 09:58 PM
At least they can juice up the ankle and tape it up like it's gift-wrapped...

Then Jonas can worry about it after games. :rolleyes:

Throne Logic
08-12-2002, 10:02 PM
Unfortunately, folks, JJ would have been better off if he broke it. Sprains take longer to heal and tend to become chronic. Just ask any soccer players you might know.

I know it sounds crazy, but broken bones heal in 6-8 weeks. Ankles linger. Especially on 350 lb. men.

Also, high sprains are somewhat more difficult to support with braces and tape.

We'll have to see how bad it turns out to be. They will have to wait until tomorrow for a better idea, what with swelling and all.

- TL

The_Philster
08-13-2002, 03:00 AM
Welcome Throne Logic. I agree. Robert Hicks had high ankle sprain and it bothered him for about a year.

casdhf
08-13-2002, 07:40 AM
JJ had ankle problems that made him fall in the draft, and he missed time with them last year....a big guy needs his lower legs to hold up...

Drewpac
08-13-2002, 10:43 AM
I got my first high ankle sprain playing b-ball during my sophomore year in high school and it recurred during the season each year after. People are right in saying that a broken ankle would have been a better outcome. It tends not to be a recurring problem.