PDA

View Full Version : Just an FYI to the Phin Fans...

Nighthawk
02-22-2006, 04:05 PM
Don't expect too much free agency shopping! From what I'm seeing, the Dolphins are 5 million over the cap. Yes, contrary to what many people on this board keep saying, the Phins will actually have to make some cuts to free up money to go spending in FA. The link is below...

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Commentary/Columns/2006/reynolds022006.htm

SquishDaFish
02-22-2006, 04:08 PM
Come on Nighthawk why are you pissing on their parade. Let them have their time to dream.

LtFinFan66
02-22-2006, 04:09 PM
We are in excellent cap shape. I would trust Clump before PFW. Zach already said he will restructure and I am sure JT will as well. We will have plenty of $$ to spend!

Devin
02-22-2006, 04:10 PM
Even if they are over it aint by much, a few restructures and they are good to go.

Nighthawk
02-22-2006, 04:14 PM
Here is another site stating the same thing...I just don't want to here how their cap situation is the greatest and they're going to get this guy and they're going to get that guy...blah, blah, blah!

http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp

Nighthawk
02-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Come on Nighthawk why are you pissing on their parade. Let them have their time to dream.

...because it's fun! :laughing:

LtFinFan66
02-22-2006, 04:26 PM
Have at it Nighthawk. You are not pissing on my parade in any way. You will see

tat2dmike77
02-22-2006, 04:35 PM
Damn oakland is -30 million who is doing some of these teams books a 3rd grader?

tat2dmike77
02-22-2006, 04:36 PM
Have at it Nighthawk. You are not pissing on my parade in any way. You will see

Not gonna piss on your parade LT cause we will be celebrating Jim Tressels 2nd national championship after this season.

When cooper dies i hope woody finds him and kicks his ass.

LtFinFan66
02-22-2006, 04:47 PM
No doubt!!

ChristopherWalken
02-22-2006, 04:48 PM
The fact that Wayne was resigned, that tells me that Edgerrin James will be named a Frachise tagged player before tomorrow afternoon.

Marino13Phins
02-22-2006, 05:25 PM
Miami will be much more under the cap then you think, that's all I will say.

tat2dmike77
02-22-2006, 05:30 PM
Miami will be much more under the cap then you think, that's all I will say.

Just curious as to why u say that.

I'm not a cap genious and not a hard core guy that follows every aspect so i'm just wondering.

This a general question for anyone who could answer

Since williams will most likely be suspended his pay won't count toward the cap i assume would i be correct in thinking that?

Cntrygal
02-22-2006, 05:55 PM
I trust cp's estimates.

tat2dmike77
02-22-2006, 05:58 PM
I trust cp's estimates.

So do i but i was wondering if maybe chambers heard something or what have you not.

!Papacrunk!
02-22-2006, 06:44 PM
* Technically, the Dolphins are about $8 million over the 2006 figure with two months before they have to get under the cap. However, that figure includes some bloated contracts, such as a $6.5 million hit for Tebucky Jones and more than $11 million for DE Jason Taylor. Between cuts and restructures for players such as Sam Madison, Reggie Howard, Junior Seau, Taylor and Zach Thomas, the Dolphins can easily create as much salary-cap room as they want. If the team wants to be extremely aggressive. Jason Cole, Miami Herald

Zach Thomas has already commented that he'd restructure, Madison probably won't be back because he just doesn't fit the system and his salary has outpaced his play (he was solid last year, just not flashy like in the past,) Junior Seau will be gone, Tebucky Jones doesn't have a lot of bargaining since he was on IR for most of last season, and Reggie Howard's play doesn't really warrant a leg to stand on either. I'm sure Jason Taylor will restructure, because I don't forsee a change in heart, since he would take a hit for the team, but who knows. I tried to access the entire article, but there was a charge since it's just old enough to be an archived article that one has to pay for, for full access.

tat2dmike77
02-22-2006, 07:18 PM
Thanks PPK

Nublar7
02-22-2006, 07:26 PM
If you cut the following players this is what we will save:

Tebucky Jones - $6.2 million
Reggie Howard - $1.0 million
Junior Seau - $2.6 million
Damian McIntosh - $4.3 million
Gus Frerotte - $4.3 million(Probably will be released if we sign a FA QB)

Thos five players alone will give us $18.4 million, which according to your PFW link will put us $13.4 million under the cap.

Then you have to add in the fact that both Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas are going to restructure and the idea that Madison will either be traded or released. Plus, I am sure there will be some other minor cuts that will save us some room. When all is said and done, we will probably have $18-$20 million in cap space. :D

Nighthawk
02-22-2006, 08:24 PM
If you cut the following players this is what we will save:

Tebucky Jones - $6.2 million
Reggie Howard - $1.0 million
Junior Seau - $2.6 million
Damian McIntosh - $4.3 million
Gus Frerotte - $4.3 million(Probably will be released if we sign a FA QB)

Thos five players alone will give us $18.4 million, which according to your PFW link will put us $13.4 million under the cap.

Then you have to add in the fact that both Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas are going to restructure and the idea that Madison will either be traded or released. Plus, I am sure there will be some other minor cuts that will save us some room. When all is said and done, we will probably have $18-$20 million in cap space. :D

Umm, you're reaching there...no way the Phins will have that much space. Keep dreaming! However, I do think they will be alright with a couple moves, just not in the "golden" position some Phin fans think.

Nublar7
02-22-2006, 08:28 PM
Umm, you're reaching there...no way the Phins will have that much space. Keep dreaming! However, I do think they will be alright with a couple moves, just not in the "golden" position some Phin fans think.Reaching? I just showed you five moves that will put them $13 million under the cap. The Taylor and Thomas restructuring is going to happen, and something is going to be done with Madison.

I don't know how I am reaching, when I gave you the numbers and they add up to around $18 million under. These are facts, I am not making these numbers up.

If I am really reaching, what do YOU think we will be at cap wise?

feelthepain
02-22-2006, 10:44 PM
Reaching? I just showed you five moves that will put them $13 million under the cap. The Taylor and Thomas restructuring is going to happen, and something is going to be done with Madison.

I don't know how I am reaching, when I gave you the numbers and they add up to around $18 million under. These are facts, I am not making these numbers up.

If I am really reaching, what do YOU think we will be at cap wise?

Thats it Nub piss all over their hopes and dreams. Plus the salary cap could be as much as 100 mill, gee we sure are worried!! Randy Mueller already stated before the end of last season he expected the fins to be around 12 Mill under the cap he also said being to far over the cap isn't where you want to be. I think he knows just a little more about the fins situation then any of you hopeful Bill fasns. BTW, hows the Bills cap looking, hmmm? Good luck finding the money to replace your Oline, I'm sure there are guys lined up just waiting to play for DJ and the Bills. Oh, and then theres your Dline and you need a QB too, if you plan on getting any respect.

Crisis
02-23-2006, 12:44 AM
That sig is real creative FTP.

Maybe next week in Kindergarten you can fingerpaint Justa's avatar.

SABURZFAN
02-23-2006, 01:26 AM
$5 million is peanuts.the FISH will be ok with their salary cap.