PDA

View Full Version : What would you trade for Reggie Bush?

X-Era
02-22-2006, 04:42 PM
Lets face it: As of now, there isnt anyone who both fits a big need and is a bigtime player worthy of the pick likely to be sitting at 8.

Now, theres a few possibilities:

1) A player currently ranked lower steps up at the combine and earns 8 pick worth...Ngata is a guy that this could happen to
2) A player ranked higher at a bigtime need drops a bit due to some "concerns"
3) We go against our needs and take the best available...Vernon Davis or Deangelo Williams
4) We trade down
5) We trade up

Obviously the spirit of this thread talks to #5.

Many consider McGahee a "play when I feel like it" player,substantiated by his miserable numbers toward the end of the season and with playoff hopes dashed.

McGahee has shown a chip on his shoulder with comments like "Im the best RB in the league"

Drew Rosenclown is McGahee's agent making any long term deals with him hard

I love McGahee and think he is a very good RB. But, if the #8 pick goes like it looks today, and you consider the above concerns with McGahee, Im not sure I could disagree with a move up to #1 to take Reggie.

How about sending our #8 overall, and McGahee to Houston for the #1. Id maybe even throw in as much as a 4th.

Why? What is so special about Bush? Well, I have followed the draft for at least the past decade very closely and IMO, there has not been a better RB prospect since Barry Sanders. That includes guys like Marshall Faulk and LT.

A guy like that doesnt come along but once in a decade or so. Hes that good.

Now, if Ngata steps up in the combine or if D'Brick drops a bit, I say a move like this is off. But If those dont happen and we cant get a good trade down partner before the draft. I might just make this move. How bad was it for NO to trade Ricky? Indy to trade Marshall?

patmoran2006
02-22-2006, 04:45 PM
Houston would never take that trade.. If they didnt' want Bush, they sure as hell dont want Willis. Buffalo would have to give up Willis, their first pick and probably second as well to even have a chance, which they will never (and better not) do.

I agree with you and probably in the minority, if I'm Houston I take Bush I dont care how many other needs they have. He can turn a franchise around by winning games with spectacular plays NO RB in the NFL can do.

ICE74129
02-22-2006, 04:46 PM
I would trade absolutely nothing for reggie bush. Stick to what this team can REALISTICALLY do.

tat2dmike77
02-22-2006, 04:49 PM
I would trade absolutely nothing for reggie bush. Stick to what this team can REALISTICALLY do.

I agree with ICE i mean yeah he dominated but look he played in the PAC 10 when he did play against Texas he wasn't dominate like everyone said he would be. He's a good player but i say stay the course with team we got. Willis is a good back not great not dominate but good. Maybe if things change on this team so will his attitude. I know it's a far cry but hey it could happen.

X-Era
02-22-2006, 04:52 PM

What can they REALISTICALLY do though?

Who do you have as being so worthy of a top 10 pick, much less an 8 pick?

Forget D'Brick and Ngata hasnt proven enough yet. Whos left that isnt a reach?

Its a worry for sure.

I think Vernon Davis is a stud for sure, but can we go TE with an 8 pick?

tat2dmike77
02-22-2006, 04:54 PM
I think a name being lost in all the glory of USC is the kid from Memphis. He was a great back that plaed on a sub par team. But thats my opinion

Besides if the bills QB situation sucks by next years draft i say the bills draft Troy Smith from The University Of OHIO STATE

ICE74129
02-22-2006, 04:54 PM
What can they REALISTICALLY do though?

Who do you have as being so worthy of a top 10 pick, much less an 8 pick?

Forget D'Brick and Ngata hasnt proven enough yet. Whos left that isnt a reach?

Its a worry for sure.

I think Vernon Davis is a stud for sure, but can we go TE with an 8 pick?

There are guys that can start in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of this draft if we pick correctly. That said, there are about 20 players that can be worth the 8th pick... if we pick correctly. Ngata is worth the 8th pick and so are a couple TE's.

X-Era
02-22-2006, 04:59 PM
I think a name being lost in all the glory of USC is the kid from Memphis. He was a great back that plaed on a sub par team. But thats my opinion

Besides if the bills QB situation sucks by next years draft i say the bills draft Troy Smith from The University Of OHIO STATE

I agree, Id love to land Deangelo. He isnt the next Barry Sanders, but LT? Yeah, I can see that.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-22-2006, 05:00 PM
I would trade J.P. Losman, Justin Bannan, Ryan Denney, Chris Kelsay, Shaud Williams and every other worthless player on the roster. Think that would whet ol' Kubiak's appetite?

X-Era
02-22-2006, 05:01 PM
There are guys that can start in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of this draft if we pick correctly. That said, there are about 20 players that can be worth the 8th pick... if we pick correctly. Ngata is worth the 8th pick and so are a couple TE's.

LOve you man, but I cant back taking aguy just because its need. Ngata isnt worth the 8 pick right now. In fact no DT is.

How in the heck can you state that 20 players are worth the 8 pick? Thats the fuzziest math Ive ever heard.

Im going ultra conservative in this draft. If the guy isnt a good enough all around talent to garner a top 10 pick, we have no business drafting him at 8. Thats just how I feel.

tat2dmike77
02-22-2006, 05:09 PM
I agree, Id love to land Deangelo. He isnt the next Barry Sanders, but LT? Yeah, I can see that.

Your right

Also Barry Sanders was like Michael Jordan there won't be anthor one of those guys for awhile.

vicmantak
02-23-2006, 01:28 AM
IMO Bush is a little overrated. Time will tell but I think Bush could drop to the #8 draft spot after the combine. If I'm not wrong he is only a result of the best OL the USC ever had. If you check, all the USC OL will be gone on day one...

Devin
02-23-2006, 01:37 AM
Lets face it: As of now, there isnt anyone who both fits a big need and is a bigtime player worthy of the pick likely to be sitting at 8.

wow.

This has to be one of your more baseless threads.

Ill give you OL prospects sure, big drop off after Brick. And while DL takes priority, the Bills could draft almost anyone and "fit a big need".

So where do Hali, and Ngata who for whatever reason you feel arent worth it, fall?

don137
02-23-2006, 06:33 AM
I wouldn't trade for him... You have to give up way too much so you can't address any other needs. Where are you going with a great RB but no blockers or defense. Too many teams are 20-30 million under the cap and can outbid the Bills for many free agents.

ICE74129
02-23-2006, 07:26 AM
LOve you man, but I cant back taking aguy just because its need. Ngata isnt worth the 8 pick right now. In fact no DT is.

How in the heck can you state that 20 players are worth the 8 pick? Thats the fuzziest math Ive ever heard.

Im going ultra conservative in this draft. If the guy isnt a good enough all around talent to garner a top 10 pick, we have no business drafting him at 8. Thats just how I feel.

You sound as dumb as Chavious saying Reggie McNeil is the best player in this draft. Sorry, but you do. You can't sit there and say Ngata isn't worth the #8 pick. He is.

THATHURMANATOR
02-23-2006, 08:29 AM
Why are we wasting time with ridiculous trade ideas. We would probably have to give up our whole draft to move up.

mysticsoto
02-23-2006, 08:31 AM
You sound as dumb as Chavious saying Reggie McNeil is the best player in this draft. Sorry, but you do. You can't sit there and say Ngata isn't worth the #8 pick. He is.

:lol: I was kind of surprised how Corey Chavous said a low ranked speedy (Michael Vick like) QB was the best player in the draft even though most rankings have Reggie McNeal ranked as the 10th best QB in the draft or so.

I wouldn't mind drafting him as a 4th or 5th rd pick for our 3rd QB position though.

madness
02-23-2006, 08:35 AM
For Reggie's bush? Laquisha's v@... and a 1st.

Oh, realistically? Three future first's since I never make it past two full seasons in franchise mode anyway.

Mitchy moo
02-23-2006, 08:49 AM
As I recall it, Mcgahee was touted as the best player in the country at one time. If you read this it sounds just like the hype for reggie bush. The Bills have much more pressing needs in the draft than a RB. Willis also has no excuses this year if he ever wants to get the "big" contract, I think he will get advised to run like the wind this year, all year.

Heisman Watch: Is McGahee best player on the best team?

By Mark Long
AP Sports Writer <HR width="100%" noShade SIZE=1><!-- ########### BEGIN STORY AND PHOTO TABLE ############# --><TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width=*>
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Willis McGahee has three losses this season, all to Miami teammate Ken Dorsey in a video game.
The last time, McGahee had the lead and the ball in the last two minutes. He didn't want to run out the clock, though. He started throwing, was intercepted, and lost.
"I wanted to score again," McGahee said. "I like scoring."
Now there's an understatement.
McGahee shattered the school record with 27 touchdowns this season, one of the many stats that make the 6-foot-1, 220-pound sophomore a leading contender for the Heisman Trophy as Saturday night's award ceremony approaches.
The running back also set school records for rushing, total yards, and 100-yard games -- prompting some to call him the best player on the best team in the country.
Not bad for a guy who wasn't even supposed to start this season.
He certainly has been the No. 1 Hurricanes' most consistent threat on offense, even more so than quarterback Dorsey, another possible Heisman winner.
McGahee ran 39 times for a career-high 205 yards and broke a 69-year-old school record with six touchdowns in Saturday's 56-45 win over No. 18 Virginia Tech, a game that completed Miami's 12-0 regular season.
When the Hurricanes needed tough yards, they turned to McGahee. When they needed big plays, they turned to McGahee. And when they needed to work the clock, they turned to McGahee.
"Willis probably earned himself a few more Heisman votes from people across the country, and rightfully so," center Brett Romberg said. "It's nothing new to us. It's the same old performance from Willis McGahee."
Indeed.
McGahee has 262 carries for 1,686 yards, including 10 100-yard games, and is Miami's third-leading receiver with 24 catches for 350 yards. He ranks second in the nation in scoring and fourth in rushing.
And he played his best in big games.
He had 214 total yards against Florida, 173 against Florida State, 171 against Tennessee, and 226 against Virginia Tech. No team was able to stop him; the only time McGahee was held under 100 total yards was in the opener against Connecticut, when he gained 60 yards on six carries before sitting out the second half because Miami had a big lead.
"What more can I say about Willis McGahee?" Miami coach Larry Coker said. "He's done so much for us this season."
Enough to win the Heisman?
McGahee doesn't think so. The quiet and unassuming Miami native figures his numbers aren't good enough and the competition is too good. McGahee hopes Dorsey wins the award given to the nation's most outstanding player, and he hopes he doesn't take too many votes away from the senior quarterback.
"I doubt I can get it because I've only been on the scene for like one year, and I didn't do as much as Kenny or the other quarterbacks did," McGahee said. "I don't know what the Heisman means in their terms, but in my terms it means the best overall player who has been performing the best to help their school win and getting the job done. I think it's a career thing. You just can't pop on the scene and try to win something that's such a great achievement."
Maybe next year.
McGahee vows to return but also says he will take a look at his NFL draft status after the Fiesta Bowl against No. 2 Ohio State.

http://www.centralohio.com/ohiostate/stories/20021210/football/546549.html

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

THATHURMANATOR
02-23-2006, 10:24 AM

I can take a guy because he is a need if he is slated to go right around that pick which Ngata is.