PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else worried about Moulds and big Mike, with the start of FA close?

X-Era
02-22-2006, 04:49 PM
I am.

Here we are now sucking up 5.9 on our cap with Nates franchise tag.

Now, if we cut one or both, we can have the cap needed to go after the top DT's and OL as per Levy's comment that the lines are a priority.

I dont see the cap space being there to grab a guy like Hutch who is less than 24 hours away from being set to hit the market unless they sign him in the 11th hour.

LeCharles Bentley is the other guy who demand top coin.

Can Marv work out Moulds or Big Mikes contracts BEFORE FA starts? If not, how long will he dicker with these guys while the top FA's get snatched up.

Yes, I just said dicker and snatched.

Seriously, why mess with the guys trying to keep them in the fold only to lose out on the top OL FA's?

Maybe it can still happen even after the Nate tag, Clump needs to answer that.

Uggghhhh, new GM, same story, I hope Im wrong.

ICE74129
02-22-2006, 04:51 PM
I am.

Now, if we cut one or both, we can have the cap needed to go after the top DT's and OL as per Levy's comment that the lines are a priority.

I dont see the cap space being there to grab a guy like Hutch who is less than 24 hours away from being set to hit the market unless they sign him in the 11th hour.

Can Marv work out Moulds or Big Mikes contracts BEFORE FA starts? If not, how long will he dicker with these guys while the top FA's get snatched up.

Seriously, why mess with the guys trying to keep them in the fold only to lose out on the top OL FA's?

Well the NFL stated they feel the start of FA is next week as scheduled. We need to have those two off of the books one way or the other (cut williams, trade Moulds day one of FA) in order to have money to do something the first day of FA.

tat2dmike77
02-22-2006, 04:52 PM
Nope they will cut them the day before if they don't restructure.

ICE74129
02-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Nope they will cut them the day before if they don't restructure.

Mike Williams is a bust, Time to part ways. Moulds needs to be traded for something. I would take Philly's 2nd rounder for him.

Marvelous
02-22-2006, 05:17 PM
Moulds is my favorite player and my only happiness(his catches) since the early 90's.. I think we should long term him with a fat bonus spread out.. What if Evans gets hurt? who do we have? Moulds is worth 4 mill a year imo...

DynaPaul
02-22-2006, 05:17 PM
Dump Mike Williams and restructure Eric Moulds. I'd like to see Moulds back because he can still contribute. Williams on the other hand has shown that he doesn't want to play either in Buffalo or in football period. The guy is a big wimp.

tat2dmike77
02-22-2006, 05:21 PM
Mike Williams is a bust, Time to part ways. Moulds needs to be traded for something. I would take Philly's 2nd rounder for him.

No mike is not a bust that would emply that he tried but couldn't do it he's a lazy slob that has no desire what so ever and would rather stuff his fat face at the golden coral*

Yeah i would like to see them trade moulds to philly but they gota work quick. Honestly doean't even have to be philly some team in the NFC and i would be happy with that well except dallas just cause i hate dallas

*Golden coral is a all you can eat buffet not sure if they have these in WNY the food is nasty to*

tat2dmike77
02-22-2006, 05:23 PM
Moulds is my favorite player and my only happiness(his catches) since the early 90's.. I think we should long term him with a fat bonus spread out.. What if Evans gets hurt? who do we have? Moulds is worth 4 mill a year imo...

Thats understandable Marv but he has to be willing to restructure or he will not be a bill and IMO i don't think he will he's getting up there in age and i'm sure he wants a ring. So he knows if he doesn't restruture that he will be cut and if he wants to go and play some where else then he knows this is a way out.

The_Philster
02-22-2006, 05:24 PM
Moulds has already stated he wanted to restructure to stay

EDS
02-22-2006, 05:25 PM
I am.

I seriously doubt the Bills have any chance at Hutchinson even without Clements being taged. Bentley is a better option, but even still I doubt the Bills are serious players.

tat2dmike77
02-22-2006, 05:26 PM
Moulds has already stated he wanted to restructure to stay

Oh i did not know that thanks for the info Phil

Well then hopefully it gets done soon and then just cut tubby williams.

ChristopherWalken
02-22-2006, 05:34 PM
Williams is all but gone, IMO. He couldn't cut it as a LT / Couldn't cut it on the right side/ Can't seem to grasp the intricacies of playing Guard. / Hasn't been too positive about restructuring or moving positions / Injury prone as all hell / Still refuses to play his game below the waist.

Cut him.

Technically the Bills don't have to do anything with Moulds this year and he would still play in Buffalo.... but the money he staged to receive this season is freaking crazy. They have some time to work this out yet. I bet the Bills offer a 5-6 year reconstruct that's heavily loaded on the back end.

X-Era
02-22-2006, 05:41 PM
Williams is all but gone, IMO. He couldn't cut it as a LT / Couldn't cut it on the right side/ Can't seem to grasp the intricacies of playing Guard. / Hasn't been too positive about restructuring or moving positions / Injury prone as all hell / Still refuses to play his game below the waist.

Cut him.

Technically the Bills don't have to do anything with Moulds this year and he would still play in Buffalo.... but the money he staged to receive this season is freaking crazy. They have some time to work this out yet. I bet the Bills offer a 5-6 year reconstruct that's heavily loaded on the back end.

I here all of you on the cut Mike opinion and agree. But, Levy's comments seemed to talk to him having another chance.

If Levy was just going to cut him, why talk about whether or not hes motivated? That comment seems to say Levy si giving him another shot.

So, I like what your saying, but its far from being a done deal that my worry doesnt come true; BOTH are on the payroll and eating up valuable cap cash come Mar 3.

tat2dmike77
02-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Williams is eating up more then cash.

ChristopherWalken
02-22-2006, 05:50 PM
I here all of you on the cut Mike opinion and agree. But, Levy's comments seemed to talk to him having another chance.

If Levy was just going to cut him, why talk about whether or not hes motivated? That comment seems to say Levy si giving him another shot.

So, I like what your saying, but its far from being a done deal that my worry doesnt come true; BOTH are on the payroll and eating up valuable cap cash come Mar 3.

Levy an Co. probably have the idea of running him through camp and cutting him late (having his money count against next years cap rather then this years) if he doesn't improve.

X-Era
02-22-2006, 05:54 PM
Levy an Co. probably have the idea of running him through camp and cutting him late (having his money count against next years cap rather then this years) if he doesn't improve.

OK, so in the spirit of thsi thread doesnt that mean in a way we are strapped by his cap figure which may prevent us from getting a top OG/C? I Think thats the case, and IF that happens, we blow yet another FA period.

tat2dmike77
02-22-2006, 06:11 PM
MW will be cut i doubt he will stay and cost the team a chance at getting a quality player.

Or marv and co. will get him to restructer so the bills can sign a quality player.

I would prefer that he be gone but if they restructor and he still sucks pig balls then could it mean if he has less money they would take less of a cap hit next year. But still Fatty McFatterson needs to go

The_Philster
02-22-2006, 06:14 PM
OK, so in the spirit of thsi thread doesnt that mean in a way we are strapped by his cap figure which may prevent us from getting a top OG/C? I Think thats the case, and IF that happens, we blow yet another FA period.
not necessarily....there might be a few Gs cut around June 1...for cap reasons

Philagape
02-22-2006, 07:46 PM
The only time Mike Williams worries me is when he plays.

vicmantak
02-22-2006, 09:21 PM
IMO Marv will simply fool of himself if he doesn't offer him an extension. No team will pay Moulds more than 2 million/year and if Bills are going to lose $5 million in death cap space if he is released, he should wise start thinking to offer him a multi-year average $3 million/year deal.

On the other hand, if Wayne has got an average $6 million/year deal, IMO it really helps Marv Levy to re-negotiate his contract.

Please both, Lee Evans and Josh Reed were simply non-factors when Moulds was suspended, and something tells us that Moulds deserves top consideration on this team.

justasportsfan
02-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Please both, Lee Evans and Josh Reed were simply non-factors when Moulds was suspended, and something tells us that Moulds deserves top consideration on this team. I hope so.When has he ever had the offensive stability that Harrisson has had althroughout his carreer? How many OC's,Qb's ,HC's has he gone through compared to harrison? I think Eric still has a lot in him if only the team gives him a decent QB to go along with a stable OL. Hopefully the coaches get JP ready by getting him an OL.

Tinboy
02-23-2006, 01:24 AM
It's still a week before the FA period starts, it's too early to start to worry. Big Mike will be cut and Moulds will be reconstructed before the end of next week.

vicmantak
02-23-2006, 01:32 AM
update... something to be more worried:

Bills - (Moulds + Williams) = free agents

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060222/1070955.asp