PDA

View Full Version : Ngata

Devin
02-23-2006, 01:45 AM
Someone who has seen more then one of his games (any idiots basing their opinion soley on the Oklahoma game, please kindly stfu and ignore this thread) tell me why hes "not worth 8th".

Its unquestioned hes the best specimen at DT in this draft. Anyone chucking these small school DT's.....or lol Wrotten (im an LSU fan I watched him all year, hes good but Ngata hes not) or even better Wright, spare me the laughter.

At 6'4, 350 he is THE definition of DT. Speed, agility, and unmatched strength.

What is it about him thats over-rated? Is it the simply fact most dont want a DT at 8 regardless of who it is? Not one other DT in this draft can physically out perform him. So if your argument is that you simply dont want a DT at 8.....fair enough, if you feel Ngata is overrated....do share why.

Not only is Ngata is a giant with tremendous athleticism, he's one of the fastest linemen on the team and has great balance. When he gets leverage, it's over. His strength numbers are impressive: Power Clean: 385, Bench Press: 485, Squat: 585. He can get upfield, pursue, and annhilate a pocket, he's difficult to block even when double teamed there might be no player in the entire 2006 NFL Draft with more ability to make an immediate impact.

Marvelous
02-23-2006, 01:53 AM
I'll bite. I don't wan't a DT @ 8.. They are pluggers, not pass rushers. Atleast not the kind we need in Buff. So i admit i absord all the negatives on Ngata because i don't wanna "waste" a 1st on a space clogger. Esp when we have other needs that will most likely need a high pick to get the results we need..

good post devin..
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Devin again.

The_Philster
02-23-2006, 04:55 AM
As evidenced by the drop from 2nd to 29th against the run, I'd say it's our biggest single need position...and if he's really that good, he warrants the pick at 8

vicmantak
02-23-2006, 05:58 AM
Ngata is not only our biggest need. Sam Adams is on clear decline and will part ways with the Bills next year.

ddaryl
02-23-2006, 06:24 AM
We need a young DT to grom to become our next dominant DT. if we can't stop the run we're dead in the water.

If Ngata grades well at the combine I see no reason not to pck him up at #8. The only reason not to is if someone rated higher falls to us

Forward_Lateral
02-23-2006, 06:36 AM
If Ngata is there and the Bills don't take him, they had better be trading down for a crapload of extra picks.

Goobylal
02-23-2006, 06:42 AM
Ngata has the size, speed, agility, and strength to be more than just a "plugger." Think Richard Seymour potential. The question with him has been motivation, and that's a serious question.

ICE74129
02-23-2006, 07:17 AM
As evidenced by the drop from 2nd to 29th against the run, I'd say it's our biggest single need position...and if he's really that good, he warrants the pick at 8

THANK YOU! :bf1:

Football 101 for the madden generation out there...Run and STOP THE RUN Before anything else.

ICE74129
02-23-2006, 07:18 AM
We need a young DT to grom to become our next dominant DT. if we can't stop the run we're dead in the water.

If Ngata grades well at the combine I see no reason not to pck him up at #8. The only reason not to is if someone rated higher falls to us

D'Brick or Mario are the only ones I would consider over Ngata. Fans just don't get it do they bud? They want WINS but then don't want to do the things it takes to win. Lines, Lines and MORE LINES!

eyedog
02-23-2006, 08:20 AM
Those "pluggers" are very important as they also make everyone around them look better. I'm all for Ngata after Mario and D'Brick in that order for me. Actually I'm afraid if he has a good combine he won't even be there at #8.
Another thing that bothers me is all you Ngata haters, I am fairly positive have never seen him even play outside of 2.5 quarters, in a bowl game, after a layoff, and injuried.

Tinboy
02-23-2006, 08:31 AM
Motivation and injury issues are my biggest concern. I would trade down and go after Le Kevin Smith or Montavious Stanley at DT.

ChristopherWalken
02-23-2006, 09:00 AM
Some of the experts seem to think that he lacks that inner fire a football player requires. This is all of course based on how the guy interviews. He is a very quiet, unassuming, low-key guy that seems overwhelmed with all this recent attention from national media.

This point and this point a lone concerns a lot of scouts and coaches. To be honest he reminds me of the Defensive version of Mike Williams - scarey thought.

BUT if you see the guy work on the field his persona is quite the opposite. He's a natural born run killer. I don't care what anyone says, if you throw a 350lb guy next to another 350lb guy, you just stopped the majority of the runs through the middle of your defense.

I guess if you've been in this business long enough your concerns for a guy like this would be that he may just decide not to stick with it? That he might pull a Ricky Williams? I don't know really...I'm guessing.

mysticsoto
02-23-2006, 09:31 AM
I was just reading a little blurb about him and si.com reported that Ngata is supposedly weighing in at 340 lbs and at 10% body fat!!! I can't believe he only has 10% body fat. This guy is in much better shape than I thought! The 49ers may be eyeing him also...

TedMock
02-23-2006, 09:41 AM
I would argue that he is worth the number 8 simply because DT is probably our second biggest need. I still think a guard and/or center may be the biggest need, but an impact DT can change the game even moreso. Contrary to what the Bills have been doing lately, it is indeed easier to find a quality guard than a game changing DT. Luckily, the draft is deep with o-line this year, and there are some quality free agent o-line this year as well. If we somehow land a big DT via free agency, then I say look elsewhere, trade down, whatever. As it stands at this moment, a DT would be a great pick at 8. I'd also be very happy with Williams, or Brick as they are potential franchise players. However, I'm not sure either will be around at 8.

Saratoga Slim
02-23-2006, 10:44 AM
I was just reading a little blurb about him and si.com reported that Ngata is supposedly weighing in at 340 lbs and at 10% body fat!!! I can't believe he only has 10% body fat. This guy is in much better shape than I thought! The 49ers may be eyeing him also...

If that's true.......I draft him in a heartbeat. if he's 340 at 10% body fat, the dude is taking this NFL gig seriously. There's simply no way you can by that big and that trim without a serious work ethic. At this point, I take Ngata unless Brick or Mario is there.

ICE74129
02-23-2006, 10:47 AM
If that's true.......I draft him in a heartbeat. if he's 340 at 10% body fat, the dude is taking this NFL gig seriously. There's simply no way you can by that big and that trim without a serious work ethic. At this point, I take Ngata unless Brick or Mario is there.

340 @ 10%? You take him regardless.

gr8slayer
02-23-2006, 11:17 AM
Some of the experts seem to think that he lacks that inner fire a football player requires. This is all of course based on how the guy interviews. He is a very quiet, unassuming, low-key guy that seems overwhelmed with all this recent attention from national media.

Well good, here in Buffalo the media national media will ignore him completely, he will have nothing to worry about.

Jan Reimers
02-23-2006, 11:23 AM
I totally agree, and I don't believe in all that historical bunk about NTs being too big a gamble as early picks.

If our biggest need, NT, intersects with a guy who we have rated as one of the top players remaining at number 8, we should grab him in a heartbeat.

TigerJ
02-23-2006, 01:34 PM
We could pick up a DT in the third round. Oh yeah we did that (Ron Edwards and Tim Anderson). Unless, as some argue, you really don't need a big strong plugger in the Tampa/Chicago cover 2 defense, I think Ngata would be a solid pick.

Devin
02-23-2006, 02:02 PM
For as many arguments made about "DT at 8 = bust" the same could be said 10x as much for these "high motor" DL's taken in the 2nd and 3rd round.

billsburgh
02-23-2006, 02:09 PM
sound like Troy Polamalu of the Steelers to me. soft spoken and humble but a monster on the field.

The_Philster
02-23-2006, 05:05 PM
For as many arguments made about "DT at 8 = bust" the same could be said 10x as much for these "high motor" DL's taken in the 2nd and 3rd round.
anyone at #8 could be a bust..no matter the position...The thing is, if a player who is slotted in the draft in our general area turns out to be a major need...like DT in our case, you take him and hope for the best.

Bert102176
02-23-2006, 05:30 PM
I have been saying basically since our season ended that I wanna see them draft him

Devin
02-23-2006, 05:30 PM
:up: