PDA

View Full Version : I don't get the Love for Brees and Hate for Culpepper...

THATHURMANATOR
02-23-2006, 08:02 AM
I would want the Bills to just stick with JP but why is everyone wanting the Bills to bring in Brees, but when Culpepper is brought up all you hear is "without Moss he stinks"

Brees hasn't accomplished half of what Culpepper has in his career, not to mention that Brees has had LT and Gates for his previous two Pro Bowl seasons... I just don't get it.

SABURZFAN
02-23-2006, 08:11 AM
we don't need brees or culpepper.we need an OL that can provide protection when we pass and maul opponents in the running game.i'm tired of us giving up 1st rounders,and other draft picks,when we don't have anything up front.wasting draft picks on WR's is getting old too.

THATHURMANATOR
02-23-2006, 08:15 AM
I agree Saburz.

madness
02-23-2006, 08:29 AM
I agree we don't need either and I also don't understand all the hate towards Culpepper.

Even if we did need a QB, who'd you want behind our line? I'll take the QB built like a LB, please.

Spiderweb
02-23-2006, 09:00 AM
I would want the Bills to just stick with JP but why is everyone wanting the Bills to bring in Brees, but when Culpepper is brought up all you hear is "without Moss he stinks"

Brees hasn't accomplished half of what Culpepper has in his career, not to mention that Brees has had LT and Gates for his previous two Pro Bowl seasons... I just don't get it.

It may have something to do with the fact that Brees has come on strong and that Culpepper was absolutely horrible last year before his "very serious" injury. Cpep tore three ligaments I believe and his rehab was said to be in the range of 12-18 months which would also take him out for most of this coming year. Cpep looked good when he had Carter and Moss to throw to, but not so hot without them.

I'd go with Brees over Cpep as well.

THATHURMANATOR
02-23-2006, 09:01 AM
And Brees torn his shoulder last year.

feelthepain
02-23-2006, 10:33 AM
Bill fans don't think they need to upgrade their QB position???.....Wow!!

THATHURMANATOR
02-23-2006, 10:47 AM
Its not that man. It is still too early to tell with JP FTP. He could be a good player and was a former #1. To early to give up on him.

dannyek71
02-23-2006, 11:01 AM
id take daunte if his salary were fairly low and we gave up a 3rd for him. I think it could be worth a shot.

gr8slayer
02-23-2006, 11:13 AM
Your one to talk. Your QB has been a joke his whole career.

ChristopherWalken
02-23-2006, 11:21 AM

You know, you're a real piece of work.

In your sig you totally attack and poorly attempt to discredit a long time member of this board.....

...then, just beneath it you have the audacity to complain about being treated poorly.

I have a couple pieces of advice for you:

1) Try being civil and subtle. You'll earn more respect that way.

2) Try not to contridict yourself.

3) If you can't handle 1 and 2 then high tail off this board to a Dolphins board where I bet you find a bit more comfort.

THATHURMANATOR
02-23-2006, 11:35 AM
Finheaven probably has already banned him. They have the thinnest skin over there.

ChristopherWalken
02-23-2006, 11:43 AM
Finheaven probably has already banned him. They have the thinnest skin over there.

>>i BeT tHaT yOu'Re RiGht<<

feelthepain
02-23-2006, 01:29 PM

In your sig you totally attack and poorly attempt to discredit a long time member of this board.....

...then, just beneath it you have the audacity to complain about being treated poorly.

3) If you can't handle 1 and 2 then high tail off this board to a Dolphins board where I bet you find a bit more comfort.

Wow where to start,

You mean a member that feels the need to break the TOS constantly look at my user title ,care to guess whos piece of work that is?? My sig is in direct response to that. Stop being bias, I never start the attacks!! Find one post by me where I do.

It's been there since day one!!

1) Try being civil and subtle. You'll earn more respect that way

My first post in this thread wasn't an insult it was a question followed by shock, it's bias uneducated ,childish fans like you that can't except any critisim or opinions from anyone but Bill fans...you're the one with the problem. Try growing up and realize this is a football site full of football fans talking football and not everything you read will be what you want to read.
Awww boo hoo.....FTP doesn't think the Bills have a good QB!!! I got news or you, some Bills fans don't either.

Try learning how to read!!

Aagin grow up and realize this is a football site first amd foremost. If you can't understand that then you're in the wrong forum, try making your own site where you only care about Bill fan opinions and you can control everyones answer that way reality is only a dream away. Get over yourself and act like an adult and take critisim along with compliments.

mysticsoto
02-23-2006, 01:30 PM

This shows your ignorance of our QB position and of football in general. You blame it all on JP when in fact the Oline played putridly last year. Apparently you think a QB will develop just fine when you have crappy line and defenders racing in your face to pummel you.

But what difference does it make? Clearly you know more about QB and football than anyone. After all, you said Fiedler was going to be the starter on the fins last year...

justasportsfan
02-23-2006, 01:40 PM

3) If you can't handle 1 and 2 then high tail off this board to a Dolphins board where I bet you find a bit more comfort. haha! Don't worry about him using my avatar as his sig. It only shows he's so bothered by me.

They even laugh at him on FH. Why do you think he posts here more often than over there ?

feelthepain
02-23-2006, 01:42 PM
Its not that man. It is still too early to tell with JP FTP. He could be a good player and was a former #1. To early to give up on him.

I undrestand you still have hope he will turn out to be the guy in Buffalo. My point is you have to realize there is a chance he won't, it's not like last year was his first and it's not like there weren't complaints by the players that they didn't like his attitude and take into account his play in general. He was pulled from the starting lineup because he wasn't getting the job done. This could all be just nerves but it couyld also be he's not what you want him to be.

Holcomb looked much better then JP most of the year and he's nothing more then a backup QB himself. Are you gonna tell me you think the posibility JP turns out is far better then having a QB like Brees or Culpepper??? How can Bill fans think this way??? If the Fins had JP as their starting QB you Bill fans would be laughing your arses off and you know it! QB upgrade is very important and even if the Bills kept JP and signed Brees or Culpepper so JP could groom under one of them would be much better for the Bills. You could seriously reduce JP's money because if you released him today, no one in the league would even think of paying him the money the Bills are or starting him for that matter.

feelthepain
02-23-2006, 01:46 PM
haha! Don't worry about him using my avatar as his sig. It only shows he's so bothered by me.

They even laugh at him on FH. Why do you think he posts here more often than over there ?

It also shows you're botherd by me because you had to spend your ZB to change my user title and I didn't spend anything to bring the truth about you to light not only am I smarter but I'm also a better member, why??? I didn't constantly break the TOS in the process!!! Like a childish immature Bill member such as yourself.

justasportsfan
02-23-2006, 01:46 PM
You mean a member that feels the need to break the TOS constantly look at my user title ,care to guess whos piece of work that is?? My sig changing someones titlle is not against TOS . It's a feature here HELLOO!!!!

I never start the attacks!! Find one post by me where I do. If I find a thread where you do start attacks will you give the MODS persmission to ban you or will you chicken out like always and start acting like a victim all over again?

I'm sure you'll chicken out.

THATHURMANATOR
02-23-2006, 01:48 PM
I undrestand you still have hope he will turn out to be the guy in Buffalo. My point is you have to realize there is a chance he won't, it's not like last year was his first and it's not like there weren't complaints by the players that they didn't like his attitude and take into account his play in general. He was pulled from the starting lineup because he wasn't getting the job done. This could all be just nerves but it couyld also be he's not what you want him to be.

Holcomb looked much better then JP most of the year and he's nothing more then a backup QB himself. Are you gonna tell me you think the posibility JP turns out is far better then having a QB like Brees or Culpepper??? How can Bill fans think this way??? If the Fins had JP as their starting QB you Bill fans would be laughing your arses off and you know it! QB upgrade is very important and even if the Bills kept JP and signed Brees or Culpepper so JP could groom under one of them would be much better for the Bills. You could seriously reduce JP's money because if you released him today, no one in the league would even think of paying him the money the Bills are or starting him for that matter.
I am very aware that he may pan out but since it hasn't been proven why waste money or draftpicks for a veteran we may not even need in the first place. I would say if he still hasn't proven anything after this year we do need to move on or at least explore that option. Now to Brees and Dante. They both are coming off major injuries and are bother commanding very high salaries. I would not be pissed if we did happen to get one but I am saying that at this point it would make more sense to develop JP.

Holcomb looked marginal at best last year. He is not an option in my eyes. I will be VERY dissapointed if he is named starter.

feelthepain
02-23-2006, 01:51 PM
This shows your ignorance of our QB position and of football in general. You blame it all on JP when in fact the Oline played putridly last year. Apparently you think a QB will develop just fine when you have crappy line and defenders racing in your face to pummel you.

But what difference does it make? Clearly you know more about QB and football than anyone. After all, you said Fiedler was going to be the starter on the fins last year...

And it shows your abundance of bias and lack of understanding in what it takes to win. The Line didn't play any different when Holcomb looked better, oh wait that never happened and the players hate for JP was never brought out. BTW Fiedler wasn't a fin last year, genius.

feelthepain
02-23-2006, 01:56 PM
changing someones titlle is not against TOS . It's a feature here HELLOO!!!!

Using curse words are aginst the TOS HELLOOOOOOO!!!

If I find a thread where you do start attacks will you give the MODS persmission to ban you or will you chicken out like always and start acting like a victim all over again?

I'm sure you'll chicken out.

Sure I'll do that if you also agree to the same and also agree if you ever write any curse words in a post again you too can be ban...Deal????

justasportsfan
02-23-2006, 02:01 PM
Using curse words are aginst the TOS HELLOOOOOOO!!! an exclamation in between letters is not a word therefore it's not a curse word :snicker:

BTW 1 : the female of the dog or some other carnivorous mammals

Where's the curse word in there?

Sure I'll do that if you also agree to the same and also agree if you ever write any curse words in a post again you too can be ban...Deal???? wait I'm not the one who claimed "I never start the attacks!!"

So are you ready to back yourself up or are you gonna back out like always? :handball:

feelthepain
02-23-2006, 02:04 PM
I am very aware that he may pan out but since it hasn't been proven why waste money or draftpicks for a veteran we may not even need in the first place. I would say if he still hasn't proven anything after this year we do need to move on or at least explore that option. Now to Brees and Dante. They both are coming off major injuries and are bother commanding very high salaries. I would not be pissed if we did happen to get one but I am saying that at this point it would make more sense to develop JP.

Holcomb looked marginal at best last year. He is not an option in my eyes. I will be VERY dissapointed if he is named starter.

I respect your views and I'm not going to try to change your mind, however if I were a Bill fan I would hope and pray the FO would upgrade the QB position because as it stands now neither Holcomb or JP is a starter. JP maybe in the future but right now he's not. Getting a QB thats proven to be a starting caliber QB would go a long ways for the Bills next year. Given that you have an entire new system in place DJ needs all the help he can get. JMO.

THATHURMANATOR
02-23-2006, 02:07 PM
Feelthepain the Phins have had garbage at QB for 4 or 5 years now, and they weren't even grooming a rookie. Let JP get exp before he is thrown aside. Yes the Dolphins may upgrade this year and it will be smart of them, but I am sure if they had a first rounder with little playing time he would get a shot.

mysticsoto
02-23-2006, 02:08 PM
And it shows your abundance of bias and lack of understanding in what it takes to win. The Line didn't play any different when Holcomb looked better, oh wait that never happened and the players hate for JP was never brought out. BTW Fiedler wasn't a fin last year, genius.

Holcomb lost a few also. Please don't make it seem like Holcomb was MUCH superior. In fact, I clearly remember that he was the direct reason why we lost the Patriots game.

Any dissension on the team was b'cse of poor mgmt. Mularkey played QB carousel and players were getting upset with his poor mgmt skills throughout the season. Adams and Moulds were just the most vocal. Truth is, when you get to be a vet, you've seen a great deal and you can recognize when its mgmt's fault that you are losing.

Oh, Fiedler was a loser also, but I meant Feeley. It's hard to distinguish them since they both were crappy and fins. But I recall you were so high on Feeley and that he was going to do so good. Apparently your knowledge of what it takes to be a QB is seriously lacking so I wouldn't go off spouting too much trash when you clearly are ignorant in the subject.

feelthepain
02-23-2006, 02:09 PM
an exclamation in between letters is not a word therefore it's not a curse word :snicker:

BTW 1 : the female of the dog or some other carnivorous mammals

Where's the curse word in there?

wait I'm not the one who claimed "I never start the attacks!!"

So are you ready to back yourself up or are you gonna back out like always? :handball:

You can skirt the truth all you want, but the fact is you abuse the TOS more then any fan here and you cant post like an adult. You made a bet, I counterd it, if you can't handle it fine. Cursing is cursing you abuse your membership plain and simple. Don't respond to my posts if you can't respond like a responsable intelligent adult!!

justasportsfan
02-23-2006, 02:12 PM
Holcomb lost a few also. Please don't make it seem like Holcomb was MUCH superior. In fact, I clearly remember that he was the direct reason why we lost the Patriots game.

Any dissension on the team was b'cse of poor mgmt. Mularkey played QB carousel and players were getting upset with his poor mgmt skills throughout the season. Adams and Moulds were just the most vocal. Truth is, when you get to be a vet, you've seen a great deal and you can recognize when its mgmt's fault that you are losing.

Oh, Fiedler was a loser also, but I meant Feeley. It's hard to distinguish them since they both were crappy and fins. But I recall you were so high on Feeley and that he was going to do so good. Apparently your knowledge of what it takes to be a QB is seriously lacking so I wouldn't go off spouting too much trash when you clearly are ignorant in the subject.JP torched the fins even with a bad HC calling the shots. Imagine what Jp can do if Fairchild turns out to be the real thing.

KH knows football but doesn't have the physical ability to be dangerous because of arm strength. JP has the tools but not the experience. I can only imagine how he'll end up torching the fins again with an OC who knows how to protect the lead .

I smell fear from a certain finfan who other finfans laugh at.

feelthepain
02-23-2006, 02:13 PM

Oh, Fiedler was a loser also, but I meant Feeley. It's hard to distinguish them since they both were crappy and fins. But I recall you were so high on Feeley and that he was going to do so good. Apparently your knowledge of what it takes to be a QB is seriously lacking so I wouldn't go off spouting too much trash when you clearly are ignorant in the subject.

You can cover for JP all you want, you can blame MM you can blame the line you can blame the man on the moon, the fact is his ability at this point isn't starting caliber. So lets just agree to disagree and let time prove or disprove his ability. My whole point was Brees and Culpepper would be big upgrades to the Bills and to discount the fact is counter productive in the bottom line, winning games.

justasportsfan
02-23-2006, 02:14 PM
You can skirt the truth all you want, but the fact is you abuse the TOS more then any fan here and you cant post like an adult. You made a bet, I counterd it, if you can't handle it fine. Cursing is cursing you abuse your membership plain and simple. Don't respond to my posts if you can't respond like a responsable intelligent adult!!

Translation " I can't back up my own claim that "I never start the attacks!!" "

Thought so :up:

You never counteyed my bet when I challenged you to a bet regarding who would have a better record between the fins and the bills.

You also chickened out of a qb bet especially since you claimed you had better qb's, I bet you JP would have a better ranking than Feeley and you wanted to take away his scrambling ability. :snicker: that's like taking away Vicks scrambling stats.

Scrambling is part of a qb's stats. :coocoo:

feelthepain
02-23-2006, 02:19 PM
JP torched the fins even with a bad HC calling the shots. Imagine what Jp can do if Fairchild turns out to be the real thing.

KH knows football but doesn't have the physical ability to be dangerous because of arm strength. JP has the tools but not the experience. I can only imagine how he'll end up torching the fins again with an OC who knows how to protect the lead .

I smell fear from a certain finfan who other finfans laugh at.

I hope and pray the Bills keep JP I think he's the worst thing for the Bills, so the fear would come from signing Brees or Culpepper not keeping JP. I think at this point the Fins are in far better shape then the Bill's, coaching, talent FA interest you name it. Fear the Bill's??? No, not even close.

feelthepain
02-23-2006, 02:22 PM
Translation " I can't back up my own claim that "I never start the attacks!!" "

Thought so :up:

You never counteyed my bet when I challenged you to a bet regarding who would have a better record between the fins and the bills.

You also chickened out of a qb bet especially since you claimed you had better qb's, I bet you JP would have a better ranking than Feeley and you wanted to take away his scrambling ability. :snicker: that's like taking away Vicks scrambling stats.

Scrambling is part of a qb's stats. :coocoo:

Like I said, I'll take your bet starting today leaving all past posts and threads in the past, if you're willing to do the same and never curse again and that includes misspelling words or in otherwords circumventing the TOS!! Seems to me you're the one who can't handle the bet!!

mysticsoto
02-23-2006, 02:23 PM
You can cover for JP all you want, you can blame MM you can blame the line you can blame the man on the moon, the fact is his ability at this point isn't starting caliber. So lets just agree to disagree and let time prove or disprove his ability. My whole point was Brees and Culpepper would be big upgrades to the Bills and to discount the fact is counter productive in the bottom line, winning games.

Ok, so now you've moved from not knowing much of football to not knowing much of managing a team. Have you looked into how much a Brees and Culpepper cost? As ICE is fond of saying, this isn't Madden Football - and you clearly need to put the playstation controls down and think for once. Everybody has been preaching this in this site, but you haven't grasped it yet. Until the Oline (and Dline for that matter) are upgraded, it's not going to matter who is there. Is that difficult for you to understand? I can try to find a sock puppet if you need it explained slower and with cue cards.

justasportsfan
02-23-2006, 02:26 PM
Like I said, I'll take your bet starting today leaving all past posts and threads in the past, if you're willing to do the same and never curse again and that includes misspelling words or in otherwords circumventing the TOS!! Seems to me you're the one who can't handle the bet!!haha ! Past posts? Even your claim that you NEVER start attacks? :lol: How convenient.

Hey , I NEVER made any claims. You did. So back it up.

feelthepain
02-23-2006, 02:28 PM
haha ! Past posts? Even your claim that you NEVER start attacks? :lol: How convenient.

Hey , I NEVER made any claims. You did. So back it up.

I said that to favor you genius!!!!

justasportsfan
02-23-2006, 02:34 PM
I said that to favor you genius!!!!haha! backpedal.

No need to take this any further. I just had to remind everyone you are who your title says you are. :D

Sorry thurm. Back to topic.

feelthepain
02-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Ok, so now you've moved from not knowing much of football to not knowing much of managing a team. Have you looked into how much a Brees and Culpepper cost? As ICE is fond of saying, this isn't Madden Football - and you clearly need to put the playstation controls down and think for once. Everybody has been preaching this in this site, but you haven't grasped it yet. Until the Oline (and Dline for that matter) are upgraded, it's not going to matter who is there. Is that difficult for you to understand? I can try to find a sock puppet if you need it explained slower and with cue cards.

You're right, you don't need a QB, nevermind!!!

THATHURMANATOR
02-23-2006, 02:59 PM
No FTP we do need QB improvement as JP playing to his capabilities!

Billscusey
02-23-2006, 04:03 PM

True enough Thurm, plus; I am itchin' to see just how good the Losman/Evans connection can truly be. When those guys are on, they are ON!

THATHURMANATOR
02-23-2006, 04:12 PM
:hi5: