PDA

View Full Version : $581,477 in cap room now?

ICE74129
02-23-2006, 12:52 PM
Looking at clumps numbers minus what he lists for the franchise number for clements....leaves us currently with only 581K plus change.

So much for being in good cap shape. Lots to be done over the next week.

eyedog
02-23-2006, 01:05 PM
Thats going to change quickly over the next week or so.

Michael82
02-23-2006, 01:11 PM
Thats going to change quickly over the next week or so.
exactly, especially once the CBA gets done and the cap goes up another $10 million.

TedMock
02-23-2006, 01:12 PM
Bennie Anderson, Eric Moulds, Troy Vincent, Jeff Posey, Mike Williams, and Mark Campell add about $14 million. All are disposable, and easily replaced.

TacklingDummy
02-23-2006, 01:15 PM
Looking at clumps numbers minus what he lists for the franchise number for clements....leaves us currently with only 581K plus change.

So much for being in good cap shape. Lots to be done over the next week.

I read somewhere the Jets are 26 million over the cap. I'd say we are in great shape compared to them.

I could see the Jets trading their 1st round pick this year cause they won't be able to afford the player they draft.

mysticsoto
02-23-2006, 01:18 PM
I read somewhere the Jets are 26 million over the cap. I'd say we are in great shape compared to them.

I could see the Jets trading their 1st round pick this year cause they won't be able to afford the player they draft.

They will if they can trade Abraham which is what they are trying to do. I'm not sure if they will get any biters though??? GB is probably going to draft a DE with their 1st rd. Raiders? They could use a good one, but have cap trouble themselves. I'm not sure who has cap space that could grab him. Philly probably has cap space, but the signed a big deal with Jevon Kearse. No doubt they would take a substantial hit to drop him. Minnesota has upgraded a large portion of their D-line already. Who else might be interested??? The Jets may very well be stuck with him...

Jan Reimers
02-23-2006, 01:28 PM
Bennie Anderson, Eric Moulds, Troy Vincent, Jeff Posey, Mike Williams, and Mark Campell add about $14 million. All are disposable, and easily replaced.
I'm not sure that Moulds is that easily replaced, although his cap number is WAY too big and he is not the receiver he once was.

And I'm not sure that releasing Campbell - our only proven TE - saves us enough to take that chance.

THATHURMANATOR
02-23-2006, 01:28 PM
I can't

Lone Stranger
02-23-2006, 01:29 PM
Kelly is definitely one of my favorites; absolutely great shot.

TedMock
02-23-2006, 01:33 PM
I'm not sure that Moulds is that easily replaced, although his cap number is WAY too big and he is not the receiver he once was.

And I'm not sure that releasing Campbell - our only proven TE - saves us enough to take that chance.

Personally, if Moulds is willing to take a back seat and move to #2, I'd love for us to restructure and keep him. I just don't know if he'll be as gracious as Isaac Bruce was when it was his time to move over. Bruce turned into one heck of a #2, and I think Moulds could do the same. I just don't feel Moulds is of quite the same character. As for Campbell; tough call. We save $1 million by cutting him. I actually like Campbell as well, but I'm willing to take my chances at releasing him. Hopefully Everett pans out as a receiver, and one of the others as our big blocking TE.

EM Bills Fan 80
02-23-2006, 02:31 PM

I agree with everyone except Moulds. I dont know how any one can say he is "easily replaceable." He still demands double teams which leaves Evans in 1 on 1 coverage. Going into next season with Evans and Parrish at 1 and 2 would be a HUGE mistake

TedMock
02-23-2006, 02:46 PM
I agree with everyone except Moulds. I dont know how any one can say he is "easily replaceable." He still demands double teams which leaves Evans in 1 on 1 coverage. Going into next season with Evans and Parrish at 1 and 2 would be a HUGE mistake

I don't think Parrish is a number two either. I do think that there are a handfull of capable #2's out there though. I like Moulds, I just don't feel that he's going to outplay Evans in camp. I hope he's here at a better price since there is no way he's worth $10.8 mill. If used properly, he could still be a 1,000 yard guy as a number 2. He's no longer the threat he once was, but he's certainly still strong enough to break tackles and take a hit, and has a little speed left to get a big gain if the field opens up. I could easily see him taking a short slant for a big gain. Just not worth it at the current price. Hopefully he is here.

mysticsoto
02-23-2006, 03:13 PM
I think the Patriots really want Jurevicious. Does anyone know where they stand w/salary cap? I wonder if we lose Moulds, if we can afford him?

G. Host
02-23-2006, 09:13 PM
Personally, if Moulds is willing to take a back seat and move to #2, I'd love for us to restructure and keep him. I just don't know if he'll be as gracious as Isaac Bruce was when it was his time to move over. Bruce turned into one heck of a #2, and I think Moulds could do the same.

I do not think Evans is capible of being a #1 WR yet. He is a WR who makes plays because defense has to be honest regarding #1 WR.

lordofgun
02-23-2006, 10:26 PM
I think Jurevicious would be an OK #2.

ICE74129
02-24-2006, 07:14 AM
I do not think Evans is capible of being a #1 WR yet. He is a WR who makes plays because defense has to be honest regarding #1 WR.

I think he isn't a WR yet because they haven't let him be one. This is year 3 for him. Time to let him be a Santana Moss, Steve Smith etc.