PDA

View Full Version : Steve Hutch, TRANSITION tagged, NOT Franchised!!!

X-Era
02-23-2006, 04:29 PM
He can be had now.

TKO came to us this way. All it does is gives the Seahawks a right to match the offer.

Spend the money and bring him in!!!!

DMBcrew36
02-23-2006, 04:32 PM
more info

patmoran2006
Seattle will match any offer......Unless its out of this world, and we aint paying that.

Michael82
Oh baby! Let's GO BUFFALO! We got Takeo Spikes this way, lets give a huge offer to Hutchinson and bring him to Buffalo. :pray:

ICE74129
02-23-2006, 04:34 PM
Oh baby! Let's GO BUFFALO! We got Takeo Spikes this way, lets give a huge offer to Hutchinson and bring him to Buffalo. :pray:

Not gonna happen. Listen to marv, he says we will be active, but not overpay.

Devin
02-23-2006, 04:36 PM
And Seattle will probably match almost anything.

Your also forgetting Takeo asked that Cinci not match the Bills offer. Hutchinson is probably perfectly content to stay in Seattle.

patmoran2006
02-23-2006, 04:40 PM
Buffalo isnt paying $5 million a year for a guard

RedEyE
02-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Take your ritalin freaks. Tagging Clements at 6 million pretty much did us in for any bigtime FAs. Sit back and enjoy FA mediocrity until draft day.

Michael82
02-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Take your ritalin freaks. Tagging Clements at 6 million pretty much did us in for any bigtime FAs. Sit back and enjoy FA mediocrity until draft day.
I totally disagree.

RedEyE
02-23-2006, 04:51 PM
I totally disagree.

I completely disagree with your disagreement.

Devin
02-23-2006, 04:54 PM
i concur.

Bill Brasky
02-23-2006, 04:59 PM
yo it doesn't matter. this guy isn't coming here.

you guys might as well pray for Bentley, he's the only shot they have at landing a decent OLineman this FA period, especially after they just tagged Nate.

Michael82
02-23-2006, 05:03 PM
Well, don't forget about the cap going up. The CBA will get done before Free Agency begins IMO. Once it's done, the cap will increase at least another $10 million or so. Plus IMO, there will still be some more cuts from the team and they will extend or restructure Eric Moulds' contract.

Bill Brasky
02-23-2006, 05:06 PM

:rofl:

OpIv37
02-23-2006, 05:08 PM
you're all forgetting that we already spent Hutch's salary on Clements.

Devin
02-23-2006, 05:09 PM
Well, don't forget about the cap going up. The CBA will get done before Free Agency begins IMO. Once it's done, the cap will increase at least another $10 million or so. Plus IMO, there will still be some more cuts from the team and they will extend or restructure Eric Moulds' contract.

At least another 10 mil?

WTF!

Mahdi
02-23-2006, 05:34 PM
NFL | Upshaw reveals possible salary cap figures
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:40:08 -0800

Todd Archer, of the Dallas Morning News, reports NFLPA executive director Gene Upshaw revealed what he thinks the salary cap will be for the 2006 season. Upshaw believes the salary cap will rise to between $102 million and $104 million if a new collective bargaining agreement is reached. He feels the cap will be between $92 million and $95 million without a new agreement.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=2

So if it does get done,,,we can have significant cap space to work with.

Philagape
02-23-2006, 09:16 PM
If there's any way, we should at least try, even if he's the only FA we get

HHURRICANE
02-23-2006, 09:45 PM

The CBA is dead which is a big problem. My favorite sport is going to be sucking after this year. Plus the big market teams of course are being *******s. Guaranteed Snyder and Jones are the biggest dicks in that room.

Michael82
02-23-2006, 09:48 PM
NFL | Upshaw reveals possible salary cap figures
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:40:08 -0800

Todd Archer, of the Dallas Morning News, reports NFLPA executive director Gene Upshaw revealed what he thinks the salary cap will be for the 2006 season. Upshaw believes the salary cap will rise to between $102 million and $104 million if a new collective bargaining agreement is reached. He feels the cap will be between $92 million and $95 million without a new agreement.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=2

So if it does get done,,,we can have significant cap space to work with.
But then again, so does everyone else too. :(

Michael82
02-23-2006, 09:53 PM
The CBA is dead which is a big problem. My favorite sport is going to be sucking after this year. Plus the big market teams of course are being *******s. Guaranteed Snyder and Jones are the biggest dicks in that room.
It will get fixed before Free agency begins IMO. They all know they don't want to see FA this year without it and don't want to see next year without a cap. It's just a matter of which teams jump sides from the "we're rich and don't wanna share" group to the "small cities and please share everything" group to help get a deal done.

billsburgh
02-23-2006, 11:16 PM
It will get fixed before Free agency begins IMO. They all know they don't want to see FA this year without it and don't want to see next year without a cap. It's just a matter of which teams jump sides from the "we're rich and don't wanna share" group to the "small cities and please share everything" group to help get a deal done.
Tonight on Total Access, Adam Shefter was saying that neither side was optimistic about a new deal getting done before the deadline. No significant progress has been made yet. didnt really say what the sticking points are. If it doesnt get done, the NFL will go downhill very fast with no salary cap.

Michael82
02-23-2006, 11:24 PM
Tonight on Total Access, Adam Shefter was saying that neither side was optimistic about a new deal getting done before the deadline. No significant progress has been made yet. didnt really say what the sticking points are. If it doesnt get done, the NFL will go downhill very fast with no salary cap.
The deadline was for Friday. IMO, Free agency will get delayed a week or two just to get the deal done. Both sides know that they can't afford not to get it done.

Tatonka
02-23-2006, 11:33 PM
the ONLY reason that they transition tagged him is because they want to let someone else do the negotiating.. period.

they will match any offer, unless it is ungodly.. in which case he obviously would be worth it. i mean there might be some idiotic team out there that pay 8 million a year for a guard.. but i dont think so.. he will get about 5 mill a year, and some other team will do the leg work, then seattle will match the offer.

Meathead
02-23-2006, 11:35 PM
if we cant get steve then i say we go for chad

vicmantak
02-24-2006, 04:54 AM
IMO it's irrelevant what Seattle thinks about this transition tagg.
Our biggest need on offense is someone who can immediately guarantee to establish the run and IMHO Hutchinson situation is the best news I've heard this off-season.

I don't know but Bills urgently need a key-player to surround this OL... and even Hutchinson is a G, he is unequivocally the best OLmen availabe and the leader Bills lack and I would do whatever it takes to get him and root the most viable way for success.

On the other hand, the FA and draft is full of talent at Guard and IMO Bills will not require to spend a ton of money if they are really commited on Hutchinson.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-24-2006, 05:38 AM
the ONLY reason that they transition tagged him is because they want to let someone else do the negotiating.. period.

they will match any offer, unless it is ungodly.. in which case he obviously would be worth it. i mean there might be some idiotic team out there that pay 8 million a year for a guard.. but i dont think so.. he will get about 5 mill a year, and some other team will do the leg work, then seattle will match the offer.

I agree, T.

I don't see Seattle letting Hutchinson go unless the offer he gets is outrageous. They are going to let him go out and see what the market is and, once the market has been set for him, they will match any reasonable offer that he comes back with. I think the Bills should make as good an offer as they feel that they can afford to him, but feel that they should not expect Seattle to refuse to match it. If, by some miracle, they can put a provision in their offer that would cause Seattle to pass on matching their offer, fine. But, I don't think anyone should count on the Bills being able to sign Hutchinson away from Seattle until they find a way to get his signature on a contract and Seattle actually refuses to match it. I doubt that will ever happen, but would be delighted if, by some chance, it did!

I think the Bills have a much better chance to get Bentley and should pursue him aggressively, making every effort they can afford to make to get him. But, as with Hutchinson, I don't think it would be wise to think that the Bills will get him until he has a contract with the Bills that has been signed, sealed and delivered. Like Hutchinson, Bentley could be the cornerstone of the offensive line that the Bills really need. Without killing their chances of keeping the players that the need to keep down the road and of adding new players who can make the team a serious contender down the road, I think the Bills need to take a shot at getting one of these two guys, if they possibly can. Getting either one would instantly put the transformation of the Bills' offensive line on the verge of success--with just one or two additional pieces being needed complete the process and make it possible for the Bills to have a good offensive line if not this season, next.

So, it's worth trying to see what it will take to get Hutchinson, even if it is very unlikely that there is any chance that Seattle will let him get away.

don137
02-24-2006, 06:15 AM
Seattle is in great shape with the cap so I think T is accurate in his statement. I would be shocked if Hutch goes anywhere.

Tatonka
02-24-2006, 05:51 PM
i will be happy with bentley.

Philagape
02-24-2006, 06:11 PM
Let's make him an offer with a poison pill like he gets a $50 mil bonus if the tackle next to him makes the Pro Bowl

:jk:

LifetimeBillsFan
02-25-2006, 02:07 AM
How about making good offers to both Hutchinson and Rocky Bernard simultaneously to leverage one of them from Seattle by forcing the Seahawks to decide which one of the two they can afford to keep?

They might decide to match the offer the Bills make to Hutchinson, but, then, the Bills would be able to get Bernard. Or, vice versa. What do you think?

Meathead
02-25-2006, 06:12 AM
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/cmu/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/a-bentleycard.jpg

mightyspaz
02-25-2006, 08:57 PM
I'd love to see Steve in Buffalo. (For more reasons than just because He's a friend of the family) ... I agree that it's a long shot; however, He's worth every penny. He's a Probowl gaurd and I think one of the best at the position hands down. We need help on OL! Although I think we need a lot on OL so spending it all on one might not be the smartest option. I'll be keepin' my ear to the ground on this one. If Steve in talks to Buffalo, My father will know ... I'll keep you posted.

ddaryl
02-26-2006, 09:32 AM
You guys know that it cost over $6.39 million to transition any OL.

That means any team trying to sign Hutchison has to be willing to pay about $6.4 milion to beat Seattle initial offer associated with the Transition tag of about $6.391 million.

Meister
02-26-2006, 11:09 AM
It may of been a mistake on their part. They dont have the cap room to maneuver, and some team with the freedom to do so can just offer a front-loaded deal. If you structure the deal so it incurs a 10 mil cap hit in the first year, are they going to be able to match?