PDA

View Full Version : Kiper just said...

Devin
02-23-2006, 05:51 PM
On ESPN during the combine stuff that Buffalo is now rumored to be looking into a trade to move up for Brick.

No other details, and as of now just a rumor.

RedEyE
02-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Please no! As much as I like Brick, that's a bad move IMO.

Then again if they could snake him away from the Jets....

Devin
02-23-2006, 05:59 PM
Well and even if we trade up to 4, id much rather have Mario.

But whatever id be happy with either.

Marvelous
02-23-2006, 06:00 PM
I'm thinking it will suck because to move up would cost us a arm & leg in draft picks.. Unless we deal McGahee as the compensation :D

ArcticWildMan
02-23-2006, 07:07 PM
Hmmm...maybe a trade involving Nate?

Devin
02-23-2006, 07:07 PM
In a heart beat.

camelcowboy
02-23-2006, 07:10 PM
sign fabini save the picks

ublinkwescore
02-23-2006, 08:01 PM
I agree - get fabini, and Ngata at our current pick (if Ngata is still there - if he's not, trade down or trade with Denver - Moulds and our #8 for their two firsts - then we draft the best player on the board at our most dire needed position - some kind of lineman - not an OT though.

Devin
02-23-2006, 08:15 PM
Yeah thats cool. Denver is 22 mil over the cap, Erics salary and the #8 picks salary is COMPLETLEY doable.

:rolleyes:

ublinkwescore
02-23-2006, 08:19 PM
Ok, so Denver's not capable of cutting some dead weight just like we did today with Mike Williams?

Denver's not capable of negotiating restructures with their players who are making too much?

... Oh yeah, I almost forgot :rolleyes:

Devin
02-23-2006, 08:20 PM
Not enough.

RedEyE
02-23-2006, 08:20 PM
This team cannot afford to give up players or draft picks. Stealing from one strength to fill in a gap only jostles weaknesses.

Devin
02-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Denver is smart and in a great spot for their situation. WTF would they want to send both their #1's away when they can get great players where they are at cheaper.

Dont let blind bias cloud good judgement.

Devin
02-23-2006, 08:22 PM
This team cannot afford to give up players or draft picks. Stealing from one strength to fill in a gap only jostles weaknesses.

What he said.

ublinkwescore
02-23-2006, 08:26 PM
Moulds isn't the player he used to be - he's certainly not worth what we're paying him if he refuses to restructure - I like Moulds just as much as anyone else here, but one way or another, he's gonna have to face that reality.

Devin
02-23-2006, 08:47 PM
of course, but Denver is not that reality.

If Moulds is cut, he will probably be an eagle.

ublinkwescore
02-23-2006, 08:57 PM
Or a Bronco after we cut him.

ublinkwescore
02-23-2006, 08:57 PM
I see Denver as being a better suitor than Philly...

Just because I'm sure that Moulds wants a ring, and Denver (Dallas too) will offer him the best chance.

gr8slayer
02-23-2006, 09:26 PM
D'Brick in a Bills uniform?!?!!??!!?!!??!? YES!

OpIv37
02-23-2006, 09:28 PM
I'm thinking it will suck because to move up would cost us a arm & leg in draft picks.. Unless we deal McGahee as the compensation :D

an arm and a leg? Like Nate Clements and his $5.8 million cap hit?

Michael82
02-23-2006, 09:38 PM
Oh God No! Didn't we learn our lesson with Mike Williams? And it looks like the Vikings may have learned their lesson with Bryant McKinnie. You DON'T select an OT in the top 5 of the draft. Not these days, their contract will get ridiculous in the coming years and many times they are busts. :ill: :mad:

Michael82
02-23-2006, 09:38 PM
If he falls to us at #8, fine...but DON'T trade UP to get him. It isn't worth it. :ill:

Lexwhat
02-23-2006, 11:04 PM
Oh God No! Didn't we learn our lesson with Mike Williams? And it looks like the Vikings may have learned their lesson with Bryant McKinnie. You DON'T select an OT in the top 5 of the draft. Not these days, their contract will get ridiculous in the coming years and many times they are busts. :ill: :mad:

Don't forget Robert Gallery and the Raiders.

SABURZFAN
02-23-2006, 11:12 PM

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! :bf1:

we've pi$$ed away enough draft picks on QB's for the last 6-7 years.

Michael82
02-23-2006, 11:22 PM
Don't forget Robert Gallery and the Raiders.
EXACTLY! Overall, the tackles drafted in the top 5 have been terrible lately. We'd be better off trading down and taking a tackle there or in the 2nd round.

Tatonka
02-23-2006, 11:44 PM
an arm and a leg? Like Nate Clements and his $5.8 million cap hit?

you are a ****ing broken record.. for god sakes.. every thread i read, regardless of what the ****ing thing is about, has some obnoxious comment about you hating nate.. get the **** over it.. it is done.. he is tagged.. jesus.. so ****ing annoying.

OpIv37
02-23-2006, 11:46 PM
you are a ****ing broken record.. for god sakes.. every thread i read, regardless of what the ****ing thing is about, has some obnoxious comment about you hating nate.. get the **** over it.. it is done.. he is tagged.. jesus.. so ****ing annoying.

I don't hate Nate. I just stand by my assertation that he's not worth $5.8 million.

And it's the off-season. Until MW was released today, there's been nothing else Bills-related to talk about, other than the same old draft speculation that's been going on since we knew our position.

Tatonka
02-23-2006, 11:48 PM
oh.. and please dont trade up.. unless it is for next years picks.. or a player.. dont give up any first day picks this year, please.

Tatonka
02-23-2006, 11:49 PM
just listened to the brick press confrence on TA..

hey sounds like a highly intelligent guy.. i guess williams did too.. but he also did his weigh in.. damn.. he is not fat at all.. that is just one huge muscular man.

Michael82
02-24-2006, 12:27 AM
just listened to the brick press confrence on TA..

hey sounds like a highly intelligent guy.. i guess williams did too.. but he also did his weigh in.. damn.. he is not fat at all.. that is just one huge muscular man.
uhhh, Mike wasn't fat either. But when he got lazy, he became fat. When he first came to Buffalo, he was HUGE...but not fat. The money and his laziness factored in to him getting fat. Maybe Mularkey's cheeseburgers too. :rolleyes:

Night Train
02-24-2006, 02:40 AM
The Bills biggest problem on the OL seems to be the interior ( G-C-G ) from what I saw last season. That's where all the prssure came from. Benny couldn't block air. Teague was constantly put on his back. Chris V. struggled with injuries and played poorly when he was in the lineup.

The Bills could sign a OT in FA, like a Jon Runyon of Philly for RT. He's 32 but still buries people. I think Peters could handle the left side with his size and footwork. Hell, Gandy wasn't nearly as bad as the 3 guys in the middle, while playing LT.

It's the middle of the line that needs the serious attention. If the Bills feel the unknown Preston can handle C, so be it. But for the love of God, find some Guards that can block in the running game and don't get steamrolled in pass blocking.

I wouldn't trade up for Ferguson. I'd be more interested in getting the opportunity to trade down and picking up extra picks. Then select Guards Max Jean Gilles of Georgia in Round 1 and Charles Spencer of Pitt in Round 2. A couple massive Guards with talent who could instantly start.

Ngata is OK but there are plenty of DT's we could sign in FA who would come cheaper and compliment Adams well in the Cover 2.

This team needs to get serious about the OL.

The_Philster
02-24-2006, 04:59 AM
Moulds isn't the player he used to be - he's certainly not worth what we're paying him if he refuses to restructure - I like Moulds just as much as anyone else here, but one way or another, he's gonna have to face that reality.It's been stated repeatedly he was interested in restructuring...

ddaryl
02-24-2006, 05:02 AM
We could easily do a deal and move up in this draft and still not hurt our 2006 draft much IMO. Although having more picks in this draft is also a very good idea.

Swap 1st rd picks, whoever we trade with gets our #8 we get a #2 - #4 (depending on who deals with us). Offer our 2nd in 2007, and offer one of our 3rd picks in 2006, and a 5th in 2006. The beauty of offerig a 2007 pick is a team like the Jets who need picks but need to gain control of there cap might enjoy the extra pick in 2007. BUT trading inside division always makes you nervous.

We still get a full day 1 draft this year with a 1st 2nd and 3rd rd pick, we get a LT to groom and solidify our OL which desperately needs it.

If The Brick is all that we cannot afford to not have him. just look what a great LT does for any OL. You won't find great LT's on the FA market, good ones, but not great.

vicmantak
02-24-2006, 05:07 AM
On ESPN during the combine stuff that Buffalo is now rumored to be looking into a trade to move up for Brick.

No other details, and as of now just a rumor.
Please! I hope it's only a bad joke!

I don't know but it seems that this silly animal is thinking that Donahoe is still our GM.

Night Train
02-24-2006, 05:10 AM
It's been stated repeatedly he was interested in restructuring...

Moulds has been restructed 2 or 3 times already. We'll be paying the turk for years after he leaves if they continue to restructure him. Lower him again and keep pushing more $$ into the future ?

Sorry.Times up. Cut him and try and offer him a lesser deal. We can't destroy our future cap over him.

The_Philster
02-24-2006, 05:13 AM
Moulds has been restructed 2 or 3 times already. We'll be paying the turk for years after he leaves if they continue to restructure him. Lower him again and keep pushing more $$ into the future ?

Sorry.Times up. Cut him and try and offer him a lesser deal. We can't destroy our future cap over him.First of all, you can't pay on a deal that many years after a guy's cut. Secondly, it doesn't have to be a cap-unfriendly deal...they could work out something that doesn't hurt us now or later, either. Finally...Pats @ Bills 12/11/05

Night Train
02-24-2006, 05:42 AM
First of all, you can't pay on a deal that many years after a guy's cut. Secondly, it doesn't have to be a cap-unfriendly deal...they could work out something that doesn't hurt us now or later, either. Finally...Pats @ Bills 12/11/05

No CBA extension means more players will be cut, rather than receive restructured contracts. No CBA extension means less cap room for free agents because teams have to leave room for incentives, which will count this year, and set aside room for dead money after releasing players.

Bill Brasky
02-24-2006, 06:09 AM
it shouldn't come as a shock guys. they just released Williams. they have virtually no proven tackles on this team. just because Williams was a bust doesn't mean Brick will be.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
02-24-2006, 06:15 AM
sign fabini save the picks

I respectfully disagree.... Im tired of signing other teams castoffs and calling it an upgrade.

Thats a donahoe move.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
02-24-2006, 06:19 AM
you guys realize that 8 is a crappy spot... not strong enough postition for people to want to trade up to, and the talent at the 8 level is not breathtaking.
That means the bills are stuck at 8.... no one is going to trade up for it, and the bills cannot afford to trade up higher IMO

Bill Brasky
02-24-2006, 06:26 AM
you guys realize that 8 is a crappy spot... not strong enough postition for people to want to trade up to, and the talent at the 8 level is not breathtaking.
That means the bills are stuck at 8.... no one is going to trade up for it, and the bills cannot afford to trade up higher IMO

Maybe this year, but 8th isn't that bad. I seem to recall a certain team a few years ago trying to trade up to the 11th or 12th to get Roethlisberger, then ending up with JP Losman. That team slips my mind though.

Brick or Ngata, either is fine by me. But the OLine is in more need than the DLine, IMO. If they can't land Bentley, or even Stephen Neal or somebody halfway decent I don't see how they can justify taking anyone other than an OLineman.

ICE74129
02-24-2006, 07:05 AM
Ok back to reality. You ALWAYS do what you can to have a franchise LT. LT, QB RDE those are the cornerstones of GREAT football teams.

Marv and DJ understand this. I say package #8 and Moulds to move up.

Bill Brasky
02-24-2006, 07:06 AM
I say package #8 and Moulds to move up.

that's a lot to move up a few spots.

ICE74129
02-24-2006, 07:09 AM
that's a lot to move up a few spots.

I know, but what is a 12 year, multi probowler protecting your QB's blind side worth? That is what D'brickashaw will be for someone. I think we have to move up to the Titans spot whom might be looking to move back. It's either them or New Orleans.

TedMock
02-24-2006, 08:13 AM
Why do so many of my fellow Bills fans insist on saying that Bryant Mckinnie isn't good? I've watched a few times, and he's always played well. He didn't want to come to Buffalo, and he was open about it. I don't blame anybody for disliking him for that, but to say that the guy hasn't played well is just flat out false. The guy wasn't a stud from day one, but he's improved drastically since coming in. Last year was easily his best year. For a lineman to take 3-4 years to fully develop is the norm. The problem is that people look for instant gratification out of these guys because every now and then a player is able to provide that. For the other 99%, it takes a few years. The guy started all 16 games last year, and allowed fewer than 5 sacks.

http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/13510973.htm
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=5893

Stewie
02-24-2006, 08:59 AM
Please no! As much as I like Brick, that's a bad move IMO.

Then again if they could snake him away from the Jets....

You guys are hilarious. When PFT or PFW posts a rumor, it's a garbage site and spam.

When a toupee with legs posts a rumor, there's 3 pages of responses.

ublinkwescore
02-24-2006, 09:46 AM
It's been stated repeatedly he was interested in restructuring...

Well, that's good news, I'd really like to see him remain a Bill, just not at what he's gonna cost us prior to restructure (I think Levy is the whole reason this is gonna happen).

PIZ
02-24-2006, 02:16 PM
I know, but what is a 12 year, multi probowler protecting your QB's blind side worth? That is what D'brickashaw will be for someone. I think we have to move up to the Titans spot whom might be looking to move back. It's either them or New Orleans.

I'd do that trade in a nanosecond. We are not going to sign a quality OT in free agency. All the top OT get franchised every year or are signed to lengthy extension. Git r done Marv.

DraftBoy
02-24-2006, 06:00 PM
Personally I prefer a trade down to get an extra 2nd rounder but we shall see the interesting thing about holding the #8 is Micheal Huff. He could be there and if he is then there should be a few teams trying to move up and take him, one team I can think of is Atlanta. I would take their 1st and 2nd for our #8, maybe try and move down another 5 spots pickup some picks next season then day 1 looks like;

1. OG Giles
2a. OT McNeil/Justice/Winston/Scott (one of them should be here)
2b. OG Lutui
3a. DT Harris
3b. WR Hagan

I could live with that draft day and signing Nate long term in an incentive laden deal. Problem with getting a team like Denver, KC, TB or CIN to move up 5-7 spots, these are all teams who are one or two players away. Personally if Im Marv thats what Im looking at doing.

finsrclowns
02-24-2006, 06:43 PM
Marv and DJ understand this. I say package #8 and Moulds to move up.

LOL! Like the Jets would give a 7th rounder for Moulds and his bloated contract. The Jets are in full rebuilding mode. What do they want with Moulds? They're cutting older players left and right because they're way over the cap now.

If we want to move it will be for at least a 2nd. In fact if that was all the Jets asked I'd pull the trigger but quick. If you're going to spend big bucks on a top 10 player he'd better be the goods. IMO Brick could end up being the best player to come out of this draft at any position.