Levy's comments at the combine-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Levy's comments at the combine-

Buffalo Bills General Manager Marv Levy
    - Levy stated that getting CB Nate Clements tied down with the franchise tag was key to rebuilding the defense in Buffalo. He noted that Clements is a young player with a lot of talent, but the club feels he has room to get even better, and Clements does too. Levy said they will continue to work on reaching a long term deal with him and he left Clements a voice mail this week to get dialogue going for a long-term deal.

- Levy noted that the Bills, much like many other teams in the NFL have a “quarterback situation” heading into the 2006 season. He noted that last season was truly J.P. Losman’s rookie year due to his injuries the previous season. But Levy noted that he is a skilled quarterback with a strong arm and good mobility -- he just has a lot more to learn. But Levy said, “Show me a rookie quarterback who didn’t. We’re standing here in Indianapolis where Peyton Manning went 3-13 as a rookie.”

Levy stated that in regards to the quarterback position, they will likely bring another one in during the offseason.

“Is it likely that he’s going to be a top-of-the-line first or second rounder? Not likely.” Levy said a mid-round pick of someone that they are surprised or pleased to see on the board at that time would be possible. He also said that the team would consider a free agent if he’s relatively young and the kind of talent who clearly has the talent level to become a starter, such as a Brett Favre when he was with Atlanta or Steve Young when he was with Tampa."
    - Levy mentioned that he hasn’t been able to get in touch with wide receiver Eric Moulds regarding restructuring his contract. But he said that they feel he still has a lot to offer and they are hopeful they can get a new deal worked out that would keep him in Buffalo. Head coach Dick Jauron said the coaching staff is proceeding under the assumption that Moulds will be back.

sorry- no link
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Levy's comments at the combine-

I like the Nate Clements and JP Losman stuff. Very good news.

Come on Moulds, sign a new deal with the Bills so you can be a Buffalo Bill for life.

Comment

• Crisis
      • Aug 2004

Thanks.

I love Levy so far...He's saying all the right things.

He's already started off well with cutting MW and keeping Clements as well.

Hopefully he keeps getting better.
      Originally posted by LOSman WINS
      Vanek is Austrian not European
      Originally posted by Prov401
      Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
      Originally posted by better days
      I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Crisis
        Thanks.

I love Levy so far...He's saying all the right things.

He's already started off well with cutting MW and keeping Clements as well.

Hopefully he keeps getting better.
        I'm not convinced. Dick Jauron was a questionable decision and one where we just have to trust Marv, unfortunately. M Williams was clearly the right decision.

I think giving so much money to Nate Clements is a huge mistake and will hurt our ability to truly improve the team in the off-season.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• lordofgun
          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

It's not that much money for an elite CB, Op.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
            It's not that much money for an elite CB, Op.
            I disagree that he's elite, and I find it surprising that so many people who watched the games last year still think he's elite. For $2 million or maybe even $4 million it would make sense to keep him. But $6 million is far too much for a player as selfish and inconsistent as Nate.

I disagree that this team needs an "elite" corner to be successful.

I disagree that having an "elite" corner is the best way to help this team improve.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Crisis
              • Aug 2004

4 million?

With you as GM we'd have a roster full of undrafted FAs making the league minimum.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

4 million?

With you as GM we'd have a roster full of undrafted FAs making the league minimum.

Comment

• G. Host
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2002

4 million?

I do not recall many UDFA's making the league minimum of $4 million - the cap better go up to $200 million so Bills can afford 50 players at league minimum.

Comment

• Crisis
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by G. Host
                    I do not recall many UDFA's making the league minimum of $4 million - the cap better go up to $200 million so Bills can afford 50 players at league minimum.
                    Where did I say the league minimum was 4 mil?

I was referring to the fact that Op doesn't like anyone with talent who makes money. Nate Clements a 2 million dollar player? Are you ***** kidding me?

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Where did I say the league minimum was 4 mil?

I was referring to the fact that Op doesn't like anyone with talent who makes money. Nate Clements a 2 million dollar player? Are you ***** kidding me?
                      the way he played last season? he wasn't worth league minimum. He's not an elite corner cuz he gambles to pad his stats. The opener against Jacksonville in 04 is the best example but there's plenty from this current season as well.

You want to pay players who haven't backed it up on the field. That's just stupid.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

4 million?

there are plenty of guys in the league that are worth 6 million. Just none of them are on the Bills roster at the moment. I just don't get how anyone could watch Nate get torched time and time again, yet still think he's worth a huge portion of our cap.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

op is going to complain about 80% of the moves that are made.. just get used to it.. i am.. it is just the way he is.

nate clements numbers, even with the down year last season, stack up with every single great, top, elite cb in this league.. period.. it is a fact that cant be desputed.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            op is going to complain about 80% of the moves that are made.. just get used to it.. i am.. it is just the way he is.

nate clements numbers, even with the down year last season, stack up with every single great, top, elite cb in this league.. period.. it is a fact that cant be desputed.
                            but he sucked for the last half of the most recent season (a contract year for him)- that's a fact that can't be disputed either, but seems to be conveniently ignored by a lot of people around here.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                              yeah, and the team's been making such great moves over the last 5 years. The fans should be totally content with the moves- I mean, there's just no reason to complain. 5-11's the goal, right?
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X