PDA

View Full Version : If Moulds gets released traded will you

Marvelous
02-24-2006, 12:50 AM
If Moulds gets released or whatever happens that he is on another team next year, will you follow that team closely? and maybe even root for them? I know I will As long it's outside the division i have no reason to hate. Anyone who knows any old Giants fans will know that ALL of them became the worlds biggest Vikings fan when Fran Tarkent went to Minny... I hope more then anything Moulds retires with us. It will mean so much to how he will be viewed by the Buffalo community for the duration of his retirement. That should carry weight but i'm thinking Moulds want's to win & be on a team with a good QB......Get it done Marv!!

LifetimeBillsFan
02-24-2006, 04:16 AM
Long-term I don't think that Moulds is worth the money that it will take to keep him. I seriously doubt that he will be willing to take the kind of pay cut that I think it will take to make him worth keeping or that the player's association would let him. Even though I would like to see the team find an affordable way to keep Moulds for another season or two because the Bills really do not have a big WR who is a reliable receiver on their roster, I don't think that they will be able to do that and I don't want them to keep him at a price that will hurt their salary cap down the line when I anticipate that they will be in a better position to seriously contend in the playoffs.

Prior to last season I probably would have followed Moulds more closely and wished him greater success with another team, under the circumstances that you mentioned, than I will now. I'm not at all happy with how Moulds handled things last season and can't find it within myself to think as well of him now as I would have previously. At this point, I will probably think of him in much the same way as I did about Will Wolford or Nate Odomes.

The_Philster
02-24-2006, 04:44 AM
Unless the player was a real problem here, like RJ and Flutie, I always root on ex-Bills, unless they are playing against us. That being said, I expect to see Eric wearing #80 for the Bills for another few years.

Bill Brasky
02-24-2006, 06:12 AM
I hope they find a way to keep in here. He's been my favorite player and only reliable guy on the roster for years now. I don't want to see him in another uni, but I hope at least he gets sent somewhere where he'll have a chance to win something. I've heard he might get targetted by Philly, I sure hope he doesn't go there! :puke:

kgun12
02-24-2006, 06:33 AM
To answer your question, NO I will not follow or root for him. I won't wish him any ill will, but once gone, he's forgotten. Kinda of if you ain't with me your against me. If he goes to a team I like fine, if he goes to a team I don't like I will root against the team and him. Besides the way he acted last year if not selfish it was unbecoming a seasoned vet!

ICE74129
02-24-2006, 07:03 AM
No. The door needs to hit him where the good lord split him. Prediction: He is traded to someone on the first day of FA

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2006, 07:50 AM
I like Moulds but will not follow the team he goes to closely. I will wish him well though!

FlyingDutchman
02-24-2006, 07:57 AM
To answer your question, NO I will not follow or root for him. I won't wish him any ill will, but once gone, he's forgotten. Kinda of if you ain't with me your against me. If he goes to a team I like fine, if he goes to a team I don't like I will root against the team and him. Besides the way he acted last year if not selfish it was unbecoming a seasoned vet!

What about when Thurman wen to the Dolphins? I wouldnt expect anyone to cheer for the Dolphins, but you didnt forget about him or dislike him did you? I guess this is the exception to not like him considering he was with our division rivals, but he still was loved by Buffalo. I agree that Moulds could have acted more professional last year, however I think it was years of frustration built up from playing with incompetent coaches and being on losing teams, and playing with quarterbacks who pretty much flat out sucked.

Gunzlingr
02-24-2006, 08:23 AM
Nope. Once he is off the team, see ya. I a Bills fan not a player fan.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-24-2006, 08:56 AM
I have never been a huge Moulds fan....to me he has always been that player that is so close to being great...but never can get over the hump. Too many times he has dropped big passes, disappeared in big games, and come up injured when we can least afford it. He just never seemed like his heart was in Buffalo.

I don' t really have bad feelings towards him, and if he remains a Bill I won't be upset.....but he certainly won't be hard for me to forget.

ICE74129
02-24-2006, 09:11 AM
Nope. Once he is off the team, see ya. I a Bills fan not a player fan.

Exactly.

kgun12
02-24-2006, 09:38 AM
What about when Thurman wen to the Dolphins? I wouldnt expect anyone to cheer for the Dolphins, but you didnt forget about him or dislike him did you? I guess this is the exception to not like him considering he was with our division rivals, but he still was loved by Buffalo. I agree that Moulds could have acted more professional last year, however I think it was years of frustration built up from playing with incompetent coaches and being on losing teams, and playing with quarterbacks who pretty much flat out sucked.

Before you make comments you should do a little research! Here is what I said when we were discussing Thruman getting into the Hall of Fame!!!

I went to Jim's and Marv's, but I won't go to Thurman’s induction. I will always like and remember what he did for the Bills, but when he sign with the Fins, that I can't except. He will always be one of the best Bills in history, but I will never forgive him for playing for the Fins.
Let me explain, I had season tickets to the Bills for 7 years starting in 1989. I watch every game Thomas played home and away. I loved how he was a Dolphin killer and the way he talked the week before the Miami game, they really were a rival to him. I enjoyed his play more! When Thomas scored he would just hand the ball to the ref, except for Miami games. He would always celebrate these TD more, down in Miami he would throw the ball a the painted Dolphin or at a sign in the stadium. I am old school, and that is the part of free agency I can even except. He could have gone to any other team except maybe Dallas and I wouldn't have a problem with it, but it was Miami. I will always remember how he played with such a passion for the game and hatred of the Dolphins and what he did for the team and city. I hope he makes it into the Hall, I will watch on TV, but can't bring myself to go to Canton.

So to answer your statement I stay pretty true to my opinion as it relates to Moulds, Thruman or any other Bill that leaves us for another team!

BTW the team as a whole played bad, I just expect Vets to be good leaders, something Eric wasn't last year!

justasportsfan
02-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Absolutely not. If Moulds is let go or traded , I'm almost sure he'll be with the fins next year.

mysticsoto
02-24-2006, 10:06 AM
Absolutely not. If Moulds is let go or traded , I'm almost sure he'll be with the fins next year.

I think Philly would grab him 1st.

The fact that Moulds hasn't been released yet tells me that Marv is trying to work something out with him. Even if in the end it didn't work out...I thank Marv for trying his best and wouldn't be unhappy at the attempt. Moulds could have been a star hall of famer if he had gone to another team besides the Bills or if he would have been a Bill when Kelly was here. With the turmoil and turnstyle of QBs and coaches here in the last decade or so, I can't find any blame to place on Moulds in any way. And for him to still say, despite all that, that he would like to remain a Bill for life in an age where loyalty means nothing - I can do nothing but give him the credit he deserves. Moulds...whether you stay or go, you'll always be a Bill to me!!!

LtBillsFan66
02-24-2006, 10:14 AM
I'd wish him well. I wouldn't go out of my way to follow him, but I'd be curious how he's doing on the other team. I would in no way root for that team.

justasportsfan
02-24-2006, 10:24 AM
nope, he'd be in group therapy with McMike and Mcintosh

FlyingDutchman
02-24-2006, 02:25 PM
Before you make comments you should do a little research! Here is what I said when we were discussing Thruman getting into the Hall of Fame!!!

I went to Jim's and Marv's, but I won't go to Thurman’s induction. I will always like and remember what he did for the Bills, but when he sign with the Fins, that I can't except. He will always be one of the best Bills in history, but I will never forgive him for playing for the Fins.
Let me explain, I had season tickets to the Bills for 7 years starting in 1989. I watch every game Thomas played home and away. I loved how he was a Dolphin killer and the way he talked the week before the Miami game, they really were a rival to him. I enjoyed his play more! When Thomas scored he would just hand the ball to the ref, except for Miami games. He would always celebrate these TD more, down in Miami he would throw the ball a the painted Dolphin or at a sign in the stadium. I am old school, and that is the part of free agency I can even except. He could have gone to any other team except maybe Dallas and I wouldn't have a problem with it, but it was Miami. I will always remember how he played with such a passion for the game and hatred of the Dolphins and what he did for the team and city. I hope he makes it into the Hall, I will watch on TV, but can't bring myself to go to Canton.

So to answer your statement I stay pretty true to my opinion as it relates to Moulds, Thruman or any other Bill that leaves us for another team!

BTW the team as a whole played bad, I just expect Vets to be good leaders, something Eric wasn't last year!

i understand where you are coming from, however there are certain times when players are put in positions where they have to do whats best for them or what they deem best for them. Look at Emmit Smith, the guy plays his whole career in one place and has a pretty good one at that, and then finishes in a freakin Cardinals jersey. He did it bc he felt he could still play, yet the Cowboys didnt think he was worth the money to keep him around. IMO that situation is pretty similar to Thurman. If someone else thinks you can still play and is willing to pay you generously, why not then? If you were working at kodak and they needed to cut some fat so they asked you to take a pay cut and stay there, yet xerox will pay you the same amount youve always been getting would you stay at kodak just bc of loyalty? Would you expect Kodak to hate you after years of service to them just bc you did what was best for you? I totally know what youre saying. Im an old school guy (even though im young) and i believe in loyalty as well. But this is a business and no matter who the player is, they will always go where the bigger paycheck is. Also, if hes traded isnt that out of his control? would you be upset and not like him then? I would love to see him in a Bills uniform til his last snap, but i cant dislike the guy for making the right business decision for him. Thats just me though. Bye the way, sorry for not checking every comment youve made on similar threads before making comments.

FlyingDutchman
02-24-2006, 02:39 PM

The fact that Moulds hasn't been released yet tells me that Marv is trying to work something out with him. Even if in the end it didn't work out...I thank Marv for trying his best and wouldn't be unhappy at the attempt. Moulds could have been a star hall of famer if he had gone to another team besides the Bills or if he would have been a Bill when Kelly was here. With the turmoil and turnstyle of QBs and coaches here in the last decade or so, I can't find any blame to place on Moulds in any way. And for him to still say, despite all that, that he would like to remain a Bill for life in an age where loyalty means nothing - I can do nothing but give him the credit he deserves. Moulds...whether you stay or go, you'll always be a Bill to me!!!

My thoughts exactly, good post.

McGahee420
02-24-2006, 03:03 PM
Hey Vberg/McNasty, get back to work!

FlyingDutchman
02-24-2006, 03:04 PM
Hey Vberg/McNasty, get back to work!

work? its friday! who gets work done on a friday!?

McGahee420
02-24-2006, 03:11 PM
True, I want some rocket fuel and bong

FlyingDutchman
02-24-2006, 03:33 PM
thats what im talkin about!

Devin
02-24-2006, 03:36 PM
Absolutley.

Novacane
02-24-2006, 03:37 PM
If Moulds gets released or whatever happens that he is on another team next year, will you follow that team closely? and maybe even root for them? !

No.

Bill Cody
02-24-2006, 04:16 PM

I doubt it although with Surtain gone I guess it's possible.:lol:

kgun12
02-24-2006, 08:40 PM
i understand where you are coming from, however there are certain times when players are put in positions where they have to do whats best for them or what they deem best for them. Look at Emmit Smith, the guy plays his whole career in one place and has a pretty good one at that, and then finishes in a freakin Cardinals jersey. He did it bc he felt he could still play, yet the Cowboys didnt think he was worth the money to keep him around. IMO that situation is pretty similar to Thurman. If someone else thinks you can still play and is willing to pay you generously, why not then? If you were working at kodak and they needed to cut some fat so they asked you to take a pay cut and stay there, yet xerox will pay you the same amount youve always been getting would you stay at kodak just bc of loyalty? Would you expect Kodak to hate you after years of service to them just bc you did what was best for you? I totally know what youre saying. Im an old school guy (even though im young) and i believe in loyalty as well. But this is a business and no matter who the player is, they will always go where the bigger paycheck is. Also, if hes traded isnt that out of his control? would you be upset and not like him then? I would love to see him in a Bills uniform til his last snap, but i cant dislike the guy for making the right business decision for him. Thats just me though. Bye the way, sorry for not checking every comment youve made on similar threads before making comments.

This is why opinions are like *******s, everyone has one and they all stink. Now you also used the word hate at no time did I use that word or imply it. Again I wish Moulds no ill will just won't root for or follow him.

FlyingDutchman
02-25-2006, 12:15 AM
understandable. Back to the thurman thing, if he went anywhere else but miami would you have the same feelings? Or is it just the Miami factor?

kgun12
02-25-2006, 10:02 AM
understandable. Back to the thurman thing, if he went anywhere else but miami would you have the same feelings? Or is it just the Miami factor?

With the way it was handled it was more the Miami thing, but I still wouldn't have rooted for or followed him anymore, but I know I would have gone to his HOF induction when it happens if it was anywhere but Miami. That went for Smith and Reed also. Once they were gone, they were gone.