PDA

View Full Version : Picture this OL

ICE74129
02-24-2006, 07:21 AM
D'Brick, Hutch, Preston, Gandy, Peters. Very interesting....

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2006, 07:43 AM
I would think Villareal is a better RG than Gandy....

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2006, 07:45 AM
That line looks like a problem to me.

Virtual rookie center

Weak right guard

Very inexperienced RT

Great LG

Great potential LT...

ICE74129
02-24-2006, 07:52 AM
That line looks like a problem to me.

Virtual rookie center

Weak right guard

Very inexperienced RT

Great LG

Great potential LT...

I think fans better go back and read JMac's interview. Preston will be starting on this line somewhere this year. And I am betting it is center. Look the fuggin pats started a true rookie center. Preston should have replaced Teague last year. Preston, Gandy and Peters will start. From the rummors I hear of trying to work a trade to move up and get d'brickshaw, That leaves ONE open spot.

Dr. Lecter
02-24-2006, 07:54 AM
Hutch will be almost impossible to get here with Clements tagged. Especially with only being able to spread the hit out over 4 years (unless the CAB is signed)

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2006, 08:11 AM
Lecter with the cuts to come and the possible raising of the cap the Bills are going to have tons of cap room.

Ice I am not arguing that Preston will be starting just saying that line doesn't blow me away. It has potential of course. Just because the Pats do something doesn't mean it is gospel!

Forward_Lateral
02-24-2006, 08:14 AM
HUTCHINSON IS NOT GOING TO BE A BILL. Get it through your thick skull.

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2006, 08:16 AM
FL you are probably right but there is a chance.

justasportsfan
02-24-2006, 08:36 AM
D'Brick, Hutch, Preston, Gandy, Peters. Very interesting....Gandy over Villarial at guard? I thought you were a.. nevermind.
Chris played under Jauron at chicago.

Saratoga Slim
02-24-2006, 08:52 AM
I'd like D'Brick, Hutch, Preston, Villarial, Peters. I think Peters is going to put on a show this year, and I'm hoping Villarial has a rebound, he's historically been a lot better than he played last year.

I don't see hutch coming here though, unless maybe if there is a CBA extension, which might raise the cap.

ChristopherWalken
02-24-2006, 09:01 AM
You can't have Hutch and Brick on the same side of the line. The total weight of their wallets will keep them completely immobile.

Meanwhile the defensive line is suffering miserably.

ddaryl
02-24-2006, 09:58 AM
Bentley or Hutch and Brick would be a sweet OL upgrade. Preston could play G

D'Brick, Preston, Bentley, Villarial, Peters

We can dream, I mean its ok to feel this way... right

We wouldn't have much leftover to do anything for the DL.

mysticsoto
02-24-2006, 10:00 AM
I think a more likely scenario would be:

Gandy, Preston, Bentley, Villarial, Peters

Of course if we could get Brick, we substitute him instantly for Gandy. And still could probably take a top OG in the 2nd rd like Davin Joseph to possibly challenge Villarial this year or next.

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2006, 10:19 AM
Bentley or Hutch and Brick would be a sweet OL upgrade. Preston could play G

D'Brick, Preston, Bentley, Villarial, Peters

We can dream, I mean its ok to feel this way... right

We wouldn't have much leftover to do anything for the DL.
I like this scenario better and I bet Bently comes cheaper than Hutch.

Michael82
02-24-2006, 11:30 AM
I think a more likely scenario would be:

Gandy, Preston, Bentley, Villarial, Peters

Of course if we could get Brick, we substitute him instantly for Gandy. And still could probably take a top OG in the 2nd rd like Davin Joseph to possibly challenge Villarial this year or next.
I think it will be more like this....

Peters - Preston - Bentley - Villarrial - Gandy

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2006, 11:35 AM
So we don't draft Brick Mike?

Michael82
02-24-2006, 11:47 AM
So we don't draft Brick Mike?
No. We don't want another Offensive lineman with a $10 million cap hit. :ill:

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2006, 11:51 AM
We can't be afraid of Brick because of Mike Williams. Brick is a much higher rated talent than Williams coming out.

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2006, 11:51 AM
We can't be afraid of Brick because of Mike Williams. Brick is a much higher rated talent than Williams coming out.

Plus that is an awful lot of pressure placed on an undrafted TE....

Michael82
02-24-2006, 12:22 PM
I'm not just worried because of Mike Williams....

how about Bryant McKinnie? How about Robert Gallery? How about Kenyatta Walker?

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2006, 12:27 PM
Mckinnie and Gallery are solid Players. Walker? was what 7, 8 years ago?

Dr. Lecter
02-24-2006, 12:29 PM
Gallery is only going into his 3rd season.

What position do you want to draft Mikey?

Which position is risk proof?

Michael82
02-24-2006, 12:29 PM
No they arent solid players. Robert Gallery has been at RT and has struggled a bit. McKinnie has been a headache for the Vikings and still sucks. They say he might get cut this year.

Dr. Lecter
02-24-2006, 12:30 PM
Gallery is young and has not played that poorly.

Michael82
02-24-2006, 12:30 PM
Walker was one year before Mike Williams and is one of the biggest busts too.

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2006, 12:33 PM
No they arent solid players. Robert Gallery has been at RT and has struggled a bit. McKinnie has been a headache for the Vikings and still sucks. They say he might get cut this year.
They are both fine and starters in the league.

Dr. Lecter
02-24-2006, 12:34 PM
McKinnie has not been what he was supposed to be.

But again, what position is fool proof? There are none. You get busts at every position. For every Mike Williams you name, I can mention a Orlando Pace.

THATHURMANATOR
02-24-2006, 12:36 PM
or Jonathon Ogden.

Dr. Lecter
02-24-2006, 12:39 PM
Walter Jones.

Michael82
02-24-2006, 12:40 PM
Gallery is only going into his 3rd season.

What position do you want to draft Mikey?

Which position is risk proof?
Best player available (except QB, RB, WR)...With the 8th pick of the draft, you really need to pick a stud player because you are going to be giving them a lot of money. I would like A.J. Hawk, Mario Williams, Haloti Ngata, Jimmy Williams. Yes Brick is good, but it has been proven that OL tend to struggle big time when they go to the NFL. And with a trade up for Brick...you got a HUGE contract and are giving something up for him too. :ill: I'd prefer a trade down and then get the next best OT (Eric Winston or Winston Justice) or someone else (Vernon Davis). Hell, I don't think we need any OTs. I'm comfortable with Peters at LT and Gandy at RT. Peters really impressed me last year and is going to be a damn good LT or RT.

Michael82
02-24-2006, 12:42 PM
McKinnie has not been what he was supposed to be.

But again, what position is fool proof? There are none. You get busts at every position. For every Mike Williams you name, I can mention a Orlando Pace.
When was the last time there was stud OT drafted in the top 10? Pace (1997), Jones (1997) and Ogden (1996). It doesnt happen often.

Dr. Lecter
02-24-2006, 12:44 PM
Peters is still young and undeveloped. Changing positions again might not be a good idea.

Brick is better than Jimmy Williams (rookie corners struggle too), Ngata and Hawk. And anybody that gets drafted will get a huge contract. I would also say that LT might be the most important position on the roster. I prefer not to trad eup either, but if the deal is right go for it.

And Gandy is adequate at tackle. Teams need more than adequate to win longterm.

Dr. Lecter
02-24-2006, 12:45 PM
When was the last time there was stud OT drafted in the top 10? Pace (1997), Jones (1997) and Ogden (1996). It doesnt happen often.

How many top 10 busts have there been? Not many.

McKinnie, while underachaiving, is not a bust. Walker was not top 10.

TedMock
02-24-2006, 01:05 PM
In his 4th seasn (last year) McKinnie had zero holding penalties, and only allowed 4 and half sacks. How is that even remotely close to sucking? The Vikings have gone on the record as saying he was their best lineman last year. He struggled quite a bit as a rookie after missing camp, and the first few games. For the next two seasons he played right about average, and last season he was great. He's progressed into a very good tackle. There's not even an argument to be made otherwise. Go ahead and watch him for yourself. I think people here (myself included) just dislike the guy for dissing our town. However, that's not enough justification to make blind statements about his play.