We should go after Ahmed Plummer..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stewie
    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
    • Aug 2002

We should go after Ahmed Plummer..

...for an incentive-laden, right price deal. Vet min with significant roster and/or playing time incentives.

Even if we keep Nate, our top two cornerbacks also play a lot of special teams. We need more depth than normal. And it gives us more leverage to deal Nate, if that's what it comes to.

If Plummer can stay healthy and get on the field, he's a big corner that will nicely complement the smallish CB depth we have now.

Ahmed Plummer suddenly is a man without a team, after San Francisco 49ers released the six-year veteran defensive back on Thursday afternoon.

Viewed as one of the NFL's top young cornerbacks only three years ago, Ahmed Plummer suddenly is a man without a team, after the San Francisco 49ers released the six-year veteran on Thursday afternoon.

The move came after two injury-plagued seasons in which Plummer appeared in just nine games, and after San Francisco coaches grew increasingly frustrated at his inability to stay healthy. Plummer, 29, figures to merit considerable interest in free agency if he is healthy, but that is a considerable caveat given the last two seasons.
    Originally posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    also cheese
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: We should go after Ahmed Plummer..

Originally posted by paulB
    ...for an incentive-laden, right price deal. Vet min with significant roster and/or playing time incentives.

Even if we keep Nate, our top two cornerbacks also play a lot of special teams. We need more depth than normal. And it gives us more leverage to deal Nate, if that's what it comes to.

If Plummer can stay healthy and get on the field, he's a big corner that will nicely complement the smallish CB depth we have now.

Ahmed Plummer suddenly is a man without a team, after San Francisco 49ers released the six-year veteran defensive back on Thursday afternoon.

Viewed as one of the NFL's top young cornerbacks only three years ago, Ahmed Plummer suddenly is a man without a team, after the San Francisco 49ers released the six-year veteran on Thursday afternoon.

The move came after two injury-plagued seasons in which Plummer appeared in just nine games, and after San Francisco coaches grew increasingly frustrated at his inability to stay healthy. Plummer, 29, figures to merit considerable interest in free agency if he is healthy, but that is a considerable caveat given the last two seasons.
    I can tell you now McGee starts. So do you want plummer as our Nickel CB?

Comment

• Stewie
      Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
      • Aug 2002

Re: We should go after Ahmed Plummer..

If we want to trade Clements (clements and the #8 for a higher pick?) we need someone to start opposite McGee.

And Plummer may not be the answer if he cant be on the field, but he's a good gamble at the right price.
      Originally posted by Topdog
      Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
      I love Weiner.
      also cheese

Comment

Working...
      X