PDA

View Full Version : Salary Cap Update 2/24

clumping platelets
02-24-2006, 01:05 PM
With the franchising of Nate Clements and release of Mike Williams, I have the Bills $4,771,908 under an "estimated" salary cap of $93.5 million with $6,760,392 "dead cap"

Much will be happening in the next few days, thus I will not likely update cap page until after start of FA. I will continue to post updates in this forum

:bullseye:

don137
02-24-2006, 01:23 PM
No updates until after the start of free agency?!?! Slacker!!!:D

clumping platelets
02-24-2006, 01:28 PM
I resemble that remark :flowers:

casdhf
02-24-2006, 01:33 PM
we have a cap page?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-24-2006, 01:38 PM
Clump,

I think I know the answer to this question, but I am going to ask it anyway.

Why was WGR reporting, earlier in the week, that the Bills had somewhere in the neighborhood of $20 million in cap space to spend?

I am not sure if that was pre-Clements....but still.....why such a huge difference.

By the way, I trust your figures before theirs.

The last buffalo fan
02-24-2006, 01:39 PM
we don't even have cap!!!!!!

hammerbillsfan
02-24-2006, 01:43 PM
we have a cap page?

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2005/02/17/billszones_2006_buffalo_bills_salary_cap_page.php

justasportsfan
02-24-2006, 02:06 PM
Clump,

Why was WGR reporting, earlier in the week, that the Bills had somewhere in the neighborhood of $20 million in cap space to spend?

I am not sure if that was pre-Clements....but still.....why such a huge difference.

By the way, I trust your figures before theirs.their figures are probably after we cut Moulds, Williams and all the dead weight.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-24-2006, 02:16 PM
their figures are probably after we cut Moulds, Williams and all the dead weight.

That's what I thought...then they went on to mention something to the effect of
"And very likely more cap space if the Bills cut or release some players such as Moulds, Williams, Adams et.al."

I would just like to know what sources they are using....

clumping platelets
02-24-2006, 02:27 PM
Clump,

By the way, I trust your figures before theirs.

They may have been speculating on how much space the Bills could have if they released certain players.

ICE74129
02-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Clump, I think Upshaw told the agents it will be right at 96mill. Hey I am all for an extra 3 mill to spend on the lines

Ebenezer
02-24-2006, 02:32 PM
With the franchising of Nate Clements and release of Mike Williams, I have the Bills $4,771,908 under an "estimated" salary cap of $93.5 million with $6,760,392 "dead cap"

Much will be happening in the next few days, thus I will not likely update cap page until after start of FA. I will continue to post updates in this forum

:bullseye:
yikes...do I have this right? the Bills only have 19 players under contract for 2007?

Ebenezer
02-24-2006, 02:36 PM
Clump, I think Upshaw told the agents it will be right at 96mill. Hey I am all for an extra 3 mill to spend on the lines
if that is true it only means that every team has another $3mil to spend.

ICE74129
02-24-2006, 02:42 PM
if that is true it only means that every team has another $3mil to spend.

Oh I know, but 3 mill is still 3 mill. Add more cuts/ Trades to it and it becomes 15 mill real quick.

Dr. Lecter
02-24-2006, 02:44 PM
Trades are rare and there is not much more to cut that saves big money (except Moulds). Getting to 15 million more would be tough.

clumping platelets
02-24-2006, 03:07 PM
I have 29 players under contract for 2007......add the draft choices also...Bills are WAY under in 2007 but so will a lot of teams....we need a new CBA

McGahee420
02-24-2006, 03:16 PM
I like the way that sounds. I hope we go after Hutch or Bentley. In Marv I trust

X-Era
02-24-2006, 05:46 PM
I like the way that sounds. I hope we go after Hutch or Bentley. In Marv I trust

I think its almost a sure thing that we make a run at one or both. Marv's comments are just too hellbent on the o-line to not go after either of these 2.

I think its Bentley personally, and contract offer to Hutch will get matched. But Alexander is still out there and needs to be signed as is Marquand Manuel. Its possible that Alexnader eats up too much coin or that Sea would hesitate to pay top dollar, say 3-5 mill per to a G like Hutch.

Personally, Id spend 3-5 mill on Hutch right off the bat. Id spend 2-4 on Bentley.

After that we can easily get a DT like Damione Lewis, Pyan Pickett, maybe Tripplett, or even Hovan for say 2-3 mill per. Restructure or cut Moulds and we have the cash to do it.

Then, Id take a C/G or whatever we DIDNT get from FA, and OT, a S, a LB, and another DT in the draft. Add in a young QB like Croyle.

ICE74129
02-24-2006, 06:10 PM
Trades are rare and there is not much more to cut that saves big money (except Moulds). Getting to 15 million more would be tough.

Well cutting moulds is about 5 mill. Adams is another 3.5 mill. Milloy is over 2 mill I think. Those 3 plus the nearly 5 we have now is about 15 million

gonzo1105
02-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Plus guys dont forget that Clements is making 5.9 million for this year. If we can reach a long term deal with Clements that will lower his salary for this year even if he does get a mega deal. If we can get that done we would probably save about another 2-3 mill for the first year.

Dr. Lecter
02-24-2006, 09:05 PM
Well cutting moulds is about 5 mill. Adams is another 3.5 mill. Milloy is over 2 mill I think. Those 3 plus the nearly 5 we have now is about 15 million

You are forgetting to back out the amount it takes to sign replacements for those players. Unless you replace the guys listed with URFA (or late round picks) you will lose several million on the cap costs of replacements.

mysticsoto
02-24-2006, 09:29 PM
I think its almost a sure thing that we make a run at one or both. Marv's comments are just too hellbent on the o-line to not go after either of these 2.

I think its Bentley personally, and contract offer to Hutch will get matched. But Alexander is still out there and needs to be signed as is Marquand Manuel. Its possible that Alexnader eats up too much coin or that Sea would hesitate to pay top dollar, say 3-5 mill per to a G like Hutch.

Personally, Id spend 3-5 mill on Hutch right off the bat. Id spend 2-4 on Bentley.

After that we can easily get a DT like Damione Lewis, Pyan Pickett, maybe Tripplett, or even Hovan for say 2-3 mill per. Restructure or cut Moulds and we have the cash to do it.

Then, Id take a C/G or whatever we DIDNT get from FA, and OT, a S, a LB, and another DT in the draft. Add in a young QB like Croyle.

$3-5 M for a guy like Hutch??? Have you realized that he's getting something like $6.3 M from Seattle? There is absolutely no way we get Hutch for < $7 Mil and possibly more to pry him away from a team that just went to the superbowl - which is why I'm saying, it's time to forget about him and concentrate on Bentley. A Center is a more important piece of the Oline anyway, and we can obtain a top Guard with our 2nd rd pick.