PDA

View Full Version : This labor deal is really starting to reak of Collusion.

ICE74129
02-24-2006, 02:38 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2332991

Thanks to 'the man' clump for that link.

I want to start a thread on this subject as it should start being thought about more and more as this goes along.

Both sides say they are not putting off the start of Free agency. I agree. It does little other than throw off bonus proration and the 30% rule. Teams can deal with it.

I have been reading stuff on this, listening to ESPN, NFLN now this article comes out. I am getting the feeling there is collusion among about 5-8 owners. I feel those few owners dont' want a CBA right now. It allows the rich to become richer and the poor to stay poor.

Look at some of the issues. Several teams stand to make 300 mill per gross comeing up soon. Most others 100 million. Hell no they dont' want a cap. They can pay what they want and easilly outbid for the services of the top players and they still gross a ton of money. By the articles account teams in the championship games can sign their own FA's before anyone can touch them. The downside is once this kicks in, they have to lose a FA to sign one. big deal. I lose TO to sign Randy Moss.

No draft? how the friggin hell did that come about? We had the draft when it was still plan B free agency. The draft has always been there. I can't believe the NFL didn't protect that. So now just as soon as the BCS championship game is over, BANG! The top 8 big money teams show up at reggie bushes house offering the bank. A team like Buffalo, Arizona etc get no chance at all. They can't afford the player. Teams will now just sign College players as they see fit. No order to it at all.

To me this ends the Bills time in Buffalo and at the least, Ralph Wilsons time as owner. It is known he is one of the owners with the least net worth. He can't compete with Jones, Craft etc.

Long story short, there should have been more safeguards built in to keep this from happening. It still just reaks of collusion to me. The rich get richer and screw the other owners. Since just 8 owners can keep the new CBA agreement from happening, I just don't see a deal getting done.