PDA

View Full Version : Is this guy Marv material or what?

Saratoga Slim
02-24-2006, 02:53 PM
According to Gil Brandt at NFL.com, writing about yesterday's combine interview session:

"the star of the evening was Virginia tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson. He was the first player that I can remember to ever come to the interview dressed in a shirt and tie. His rational for dressing up was that this was a job interview and he wanted to do whatever he could to impress the people interviewing him."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9263888

It's a little thing, but I think dressing up for an interview says a whole lot. No way this guy is going to get fat and follow the Mike Williams path, he wants to play football. I like this guy. Wish we had the 4th pick, but it would probably be real costly to get there.

casdhf
02-24-2006, 02:58 PM
I think he'll be a good player, but I'm not sure he's an Ogden or Pace.

Saratoga Slim
02-24-2006, 03:27 PM
He's not quite as tall as Ogden or Pace. Roughly the same size as Walter Jones. Seems to have the athleticism, and the attitude to play top-caliber LT and sure looked dominant against top talent in the Senior Bowl.

There's really no way to tell if he's an Ogden, Pace or Jones at this point, but he sure doesnt give you the feeling that he's going to bust like Mike Williams

Bill Cody
02-24-2006, 04:22 PM
I'll say it again- if all it cost us was a #2 to move up to get this guy it would be foolish not to do it IMO.

Novacane
02-24-2006, 04:25 PM
It would cost more than a #2 to move up 4 spots

ICE74129
02-24-2006, 04:37 PM
According to Gil Brandt at NFL.com, writing about yesterday's combine interview session:

"the star of the evening was Virginia tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson. He was the first player that I can remember to ever come to the interview dressed in a shirt and tie. His rational for dressing up was that this was a job interview and he wanted to do whatever he could to impress the people interviewing him."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9263888

It's a little thing, but I think dressing up for an interview says a whole lot. No way this guy is going to get fat and follow the Mike Williams path, he wants to play football. I like this guy. Wish we had the 4th pick, but it would probably be real costly to get there.

I can tell you know he is EXACTLY what this team needs. I hope the rumors are true and marv does what it takes to move up and get him.

dolphinssuck
02-24-2006, 04:48 PM
D Brickashaw would be a good pick up but I personally would rather go after Mario Williams from NC State. Both are good players and it seems Brick has impressed the people at the combine and the seriousness with the interview shows good character and could have the Bills really looking to do what it takes to get him.

gonzo1105
02-24-2006, 06:47 PM

uh no it wouldn't not according to a draft value chart. To move up 4 spots for us it would cost us our two 3rds.

ublinkwescore
02-24-2006, 07:09 PM
two thirds to me are more valuable than a single second (both combined with our #8).

bills_phan
02-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Riiiiiiiiight...then 5 years down the line, the guys is costing us Mike Williams type money against the cap and everyone is complaining that he's not living up to expectations. NO THANKS.

This looks to me like the typical stud can't-miss LT that rockets to the top of every team's draft board. The truth is, OL in the NFL takes a few years to get down, even for the great ones. Ask Gallery, Big Mike, and McKinnie. Why the hell should we want another 4th overall rookie making 4th overall money - BECAUSE SOMEBODY TOLD HIM TO WEAR A FREAKING SUIT???

I say keep the pick, and hope we're not drafting in the top 10 for the next 10 years, if only for financial reasons.

Michael82
02-24-2006, 09:20 PM
Riiiiiiiiight...then 5 years down the line, the guys is costing us Mike Williams type money against the cap and everyone is complaining that he's not living up to expectations. NO THANKS.

This looks to me like the typical stud can't-miss LT that rockets to the top of every team's draft board. The truth is, OL in the NFL takes a few years to get down, even for the great ones. Ask Gallery, Big Mike, and McKinnie. Why the hell should we want another 4th overall rookie making 4th overall money - BECAUSE SOMEBODY TOLD HIM TO WEAR A FREAKING SUIT???

I say keep the pick, and hope we're not drafting in the top 10 for the next 10 years, if only for financial reasons.
Excellent post! :bf1:

Carlton Bailey
02-24-2006, 09:33 PM
Nobody seems to understand that we may not have to move up to get Brick.

YardRat
02-24-2006, 10:05 PM
Go back 4 years and read all the 'experts' reviews of Mike Williams.

Dude was a blue-chip, can't-miss, all-world everything in his time also.

ICE74129
02-24-2006, 10:06 PM

Oh bull crap. D'Brick is the real deal. He will cement a spot in the probowl for most of his 12+ year career. Only the most moronic can't see it.

And It didn't seem to take Boscelli (sp) Ogden or Pace very much time at all, and it won't take D'brick that much time either.

LifetimeBillsFan
02-25-2006, 01:30 AM
Oh bull crap. D'Brick is the real deal. He will cement a spot in the probowl for most of his 12+ year career. Only the most moronic can't see it.

And It didn't seem to take Boscelli (sp) Ogden or Pace very much time at all, and it won't take D'brick that much time either.

I agree.

Ferguson has been so dominant at the college level despite being underweight that he is too good to pass up (he looks a little like Ogden to me). I don't think he will be ready to start immediately, but, if he can put on about 10-15 lbs., he should be ready to step into the starting job 1/3-1/2 of the way through the season (5-9 games) and, as long as he is healthy, will be in the lineup for the next 15 years.

While hardly anyone can believe he would drop so far, given the needs of the teams picking from #4-#7, Ferguson could actually still be on the board at # 8. The only reason for the Bills to look at trading up to get him is that someone may be willing to offer one of those teams picking right in front of the Bills a lot to trade up for Ferguson. And, they will be trading up to get him because they think that he will be a dominant LT in the NFL for a lot of years as well.

ICE74129
02-25-2006, 07:56 AM
I agree.

Ferguson has been so dominant at the college level despite being underweight that he is too good to pass up (he looks a little like Ogden to me). I don't think he will be ready to start immediately, but, if he can put on about 10-15 lbs., he should be ready to step into the starting job 1/3-1/2 of the way through the season (5-9 games) and, as long as he is healthy, will be in the lineup for the next 15 years.

While hardly anyone can believe he would drop so far, given the needs of the teams picking from #4-#7, Ferguson could actually still be on the board at # 8. The only reason for the Bills to look at trading up to get him is that someone may be willing to offer one of those teams picking right in front of the Bills a lot to trade up for Ferguson. And, they will be trading up to get him because they think that he will be a dominant LT in the NFL for a lot of years as well.

Agreed and what fans need to understand is, sometimes you just gotta package up some picks to get a guy that will cement a position for a decade +. D'Brick is that guy.

Mahdi
02-25-2006, 08:14 AM
Thats an ignorant sig.

mysticsoto
02-25-2006, 06:03 PM
I agree.

Brick came into the combine weighing 312 lbs - up from 294 lbs. He has already put on the 15 lbs you mention - although it was rather quick, so most of those lbs are probably in the stomach. Still, his most valuable asset is his long hands - along with his foot speed - and those shouldn't be affected.

Tatonka
02-26-2006, 11:05 AM
mike williams and bryant mckennie both were top prospects.

hell.. mckennie never gave up a sack in college.. ever.. and he has been an average LT, not the "dominant" lock everyone had him pegged to be.

it is not worth moving up.. brick could be a bust just as much as mike williams or anyone else..

no one is worth what we have to give up.. we need more solid players.. not less.. giving up picks is ****ing stupid.