PDA

View Full Version : Cutler strong at the combine!

mysticsoto
02-24-2006, 09:47 PM
When doing the bench pressing at the combine, Cutler was extremely impressive. He was not ripped and didn't have an athletic body type like Vince Young or anything, but he was able to bench press 23 reps. There were many Olineman who could only do 25!!! And some stud RBs only got to 17 or 18. Cutler isn't ripped and doesn't really show it, but he's very strong!!!

That said, there were some that disappointed me. Nick Mangold wasn't stellar as I was hoping for if we were to give him consideration at Center. He reminded me of Preston, who's only weakness is that he needs to get stronger in his upper body (besides experience)...

Dozerdog
02-25-2006, 04:50 PM
I think bench pressing is important to linemen, linebackers- maybe a RB- but irrelivant for a QB.

Can he find and hit open WRs under a pass rush?

mysticsoto
02-25-2006, 06:29 PM
I think bench pressing is important to linemen, linebackers- maybe a RB- but irrelivant for a QB.

Can he find and hit open WRs under a pass rush?

Oh, I understand. I was just impressed with his strength. For a QB, that was outstanding! Quinton Ganther (sp ?) was impressive for a RB far outclassing the others. I believe he did 29 reps or so - that's more than many O-linemen!!!

As far as linemen went, I think Will Montgomery far outclassed the other linemen himself!!!

Not that benching is everything, but it's impressive when one outclasses his peers!!!

Dozerdog
02-25-2006, 08:40 PM
I think the record is what, 50?

Devin
02-25-2006, 11:29 PM
Cutler outlifted a few OL.

lol howd you like to hear that walking round the combine.

mysticsoto
02-26-2006, 06:16 PM
I think it's great that Cutler is looking really good and looking strong. Hopefully, it will go a long way in influencing the FO of the Jets to grab him instead. When they look at how strong Cutler is, and then they look at glass jaw Pennington - they might finally decide to take a QB and give us a better chance of getting a top draft prospect that could benefit us...