PDA

View Full Version : Will Donahoe trade down in the draft

Jeff 311
01-28-2003, 09:06 PM
i think he will after all he does have a long track record of prefering to trade down in drafts. I hope he does looking at his track record of finding day 2 talent. After all around 70% or beyond or are rookie free agents. Plus our highest pick is only a mid 2nd rounder i dont feel there is much of a drop off in talent from 2nd to 3rd round unlike the 1st rd. Plus it gives Donahoe more bodies in training camp to pick from. What do you guys think?

SoCalBillsFan
01-28-2003, 09:10 PM
I do not think he'll draft down, in fact I think there is a stronger chance he may trade up (maybe not to rd one, but perhaps using some lower rd picks for a better lower rd pick). THe past 2 years have been about getting many players with talent and improving the team. We had so many areas we needed to improve in, we needed a lot of help. This year the areas we need help in are more defined and focused, and we dont need a large group of rookies, especially if we get so FA's. Besides, our first pick isnt until rd 2, and if we really only need to fill 1 or 2 positions in the draft, we want to get as good a pick we can on those positions. I don't think he'll trade down this year.

PA Season Ticket Holder
01-28-2003, 09:16 PM
I don't know why there's so many people who say TD always likes to trade down.

In 2 drafts in Buffalo, he's traded down twice and traded up once. Over his career he's traded down about as many times at he's traded up.

It depends on the deal. TD is always willing to take offers. If something is there that could benefit the team then he'll take it. It's not like he's always trying to trade down.

I hope we don't trade our 2nd round pick and wait till the late 2nd or 3rd round. There will be some good players available with that pick. All the QB's and WR's that will be taken early will allow some LB's or D-Lineman to fall to us.

If anything I'd like to trade up, not trade down.

Dozerdog
01-28-2003, 09:16 PM
I agree with SoCal-

We were slashing and burning the roster the past 2 seasons and needed quantity above quality.

Now we have fewer "Openings" so I doubt we will drop down- We will keep what we have or even move up a slot or two.

The ONLY way we move down is if there is a guy someone is dying to have with our 45th (or whatever it is) pick and the guy we like is projected to be available for a while. I think Trading down is less than 30%

RedEyE
01-28-2003, 09:20 PM
If we still had a high 1st round pick I'd say yes, but I agree with majority ~ Not this time.

TigerJ
01-28-2003, 11:04 PM
I don't think he would hesitate an instant in the right set of circumstances, namely there is no good value pick in one of the three or for areas he feels the Bills have a need and he feels a good value pick might be obtained where he trades to.

SABURZFAN
01-28-2003, 11:16 PM
i think he'll stand pat unless he has someone in mind to trade up.