PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Moulds

patmoran2006
02-24-2006, 10:28 PM
Harry Henderson, agent for eric Moulds, indicated on channel 4 sports tonight that his client has no interest at all in a pay cut.

He obviously knows Buffalo won't pay him $10.8 million this year.. Its not official yet, but you can take it to the bank, Moulds will be gone in a matter of a few days.

I'll eat my words GLADLY if I'm wrong, but I know that I'm not.

patmoran2006
02-24-2006, 10:35 PM
And I"d just to add.. You can't really blame Moulds..

If you think about it, would you take a HUGE (not a little one a HUGE) paycut to come back to a 5-11 team, that is a mess at QB with a WR in Evans ready to take over as the primary guy.

Or would you want to go to a team like Dallas, Philly or SD, making MORE money than you would in Buffalo where'd you instantly become the go-to guy again, and have a realistic chance of playing on a playoff contender..

And you cant really call MOulds totally selfish. He's given a lot to this franchise over a decade.. Took LESS money to resign with Buffalo when he could have gotten more from Minnesota when his big free agent payday came. And he did restructure his contract before, which gave Buffalo more cap room.

I think this eventual loss is going to hurt Buffalo, but you can't blame Levy. MOulds (nor is any WR not named STeve Smith) is worth $10.8 million dollars, especially at age 32... If Moulds is not willing to take a pay cut and CLEARLY he's not, then you have no choice.

The good news that will come out of this is now Buffalo can potentially be a BIG player in the FA pool.. Between Moulds and Williams savings ALONE that's two GOOD interior lineman they can pick up via FA.. Maybe a Fabini at LT and either a DT like Kemo or DE like Howard..

Both Marv and Moulds are "doing what they gotta do"

X-Era
02-24-2006, 10:48 PM
Harry Henderson, agent for eric Moulds, indicated on channel 4 sports tonight that his client has no interest at all in a pay cut.

He obviously knows Buffalo won't pay him $10.8 million this year.. Its not official yet, but you can take it to the bank, Moulds will be gone in a matter of a few days.

I'll eat my words GLADLY if I'm wrong, but I know that I'm not.

It was probably 3 months ago that many of us including me said it would be Moulds himself that would make the decision for him to leave.

Its just going to play out that way now.

Why in the hell would any team pay 10 mill in cap hit for Moulds? They wouldnt at this point

ddaryl
02-24-2006, 10:52 PM
I knew for awhile that it was EM who had to decide if he wanted to be a BIll, and I also mentioned that he's sick and tried of playing for the Bills, there ****ty OL's and their musical QB's

EM want's to enjoy the game of football, and Buffalo is a few years away form being able to provide him with that.

patmoran2006
02-24-2006, 10:59 PM
The bottom line is he wont make more than $5 million if he stays.. He'll make that much or more for a team that he feels can win sooner, has a better QB situation and where he'll play a more important role.

Mr. Cynical
02-24-2006, 11:47 PM
I'm glad. Too expensive, too old, too much baggage (understandably so given he's had to deal with crappy Bills teams for most of his 10 year career).

Time to move on.

Marvelous
02-25-2006, 12:01 AM
My night was just ruined...:hurt: :madmad: :rain:

Devin
02-25-2006, 12:05 AM
I'm glad. Too expensive, too old, too much baggage (understandably so given he's had to deal with crappy Bills teams for most of his 10 year career).

Time to move on.

Yeah that sucks. Nature of the beast I guess, but as much garbage as E-MO put up with while here a small part of me is glad hes sticking to his guns if this is the case. The inept coaching/management here the past decade would drive most any player nuts.

I hope the guy goes out and gets a ring his first year.

BillsFever21
02-25-2006, 12:47 AM
Oh well. He's washed up and overpaid. Cya later.

Mahdi
02-25-2006, 12:53 AM
Now who does Moulds get replaced with? An FA aquisition or a Rookie?

Spiderweb
02-25-2006, 02:05 AM
This would give the Bills a tad over 10 Mil in cap space (WM & EM), yet there's an equal or slightly greater amount of dead cap space due to these two guys. We may be ahead and benefit in the long run, but dag, I hate thinking about all that dead cap space....

Novacane
02-25-2006, 08:38 AM
The bottom line is he wont make more than $5 million if he stays.. He'll make that much or more for a team that he feels can win sooner, has a better QB situation and where he'll play a more important role.

Any team that pays him $5 mill or more is crazy. He'll get 2-3 IMO

TacklingDummy
02-25-2006, 08:51 AM
I don't blame Moulds if he wants out of Buffalo. His whole career he had to play with a different QB almost every other year. And he knows if Losman is the QB the Bills are probably going no where and he will be lucky to be even looked at by Losman during the game.

I remember the Atlanta game when Moulds was wide open near the endzone with no one around him and JP didn't even look his way.

This is not good when your good/star players want out.
First it was Clements wanting out of Buffalo, now Moulds, Adams, probably Willis when he becomes a free Agent, Evans will probably want to leave too when he becomes a free agent. And Spikes.

Damn JP wasnt just a coach, GM killer. He's a team killer.

ICE74129
02-25-2006, 09:00 AM
I still don't get the sympathy for Moulds. What did he have to 'Put up with'? he made the probowl, and became a multi millionare. All the time racking two domestic assault charges, Spitting on players and getting suspended.

And lets not forget, the man became a Free agent and chose to stay here instead of going to somewhere like philly that was rummored to be willing to pay big for his services as well.

Sorry, I don't feel for the SOB at all.

ICE74129
02-25-2006, 09:45 AM
The sooner the POS is outta here the better.

casdhf
02-25-2006, 09:52 AM
I don't blame Moulds if he wants out of Buffalo. His whole career he had to play with a different QB almost every other year. And he knows if Losman is the QB the Bills are probably going no where and he will be lucky to be even looked at by Losman during the game.

I remember the Atlanta game when Moulds was wide open near the endzone with no one around him and JP didn't even look his way.

This is not good when your good/star players want out.
First it was Clements wanting out of Buffalo, now Moulds, Adams, probably Willis when he becomes a free Agent, Evans will probably want to leave too when he becomes a free agent. And Spikes.

Damn JP wasnt just a coach, GM killer. He's a team killer.

coming form a guy that wants TO here ... lol

The_Philster
02-25-2006, 10:03 AM
Unless that was in an interview NOT seen on WIVB's site, you're reaching with that one.

ICE74129
02-25-2006, 10:03 AM
This would give the Bills a tad over 10 Mil in cap space (WM & EM), yet there's an equal or slightly greater amount of dead cap space due to these two guys. We may be ahead and benefit in the long run, but dag, I hate thinking about all that dead cap space....

We will end up with about 12-14 mill in cap room once other cuts / Trades are made. We are at about 4.8 now. Moulds another 5. Adams another 3.5. Who knows on Vincent or Milloy, Anderson etc.

This is a two year process. Marv knows it. Yeah we eat about 15 mill in dead cap this year, but gain it back next year to finish the process that gets us back to where we want to be.

justasportsfan
02-25-2006, 10:40 AM
I still don't get the sympathy for Moulds. What did he have to 'Put up with'? he made the probowl, and became a multi millionare. All the time racking two domestic assault charges, Spitting on players and getting suspended.

And lets not forget, the man became a Free agent and chose to stay here instead of going to somewhere like philly that was rummored to be willing to pay big for his services as well.

He had to put up with an organization who's made one mistake after another and yet still retructured, taken rookies in to train them in off season. One can only wonder if guys like Marvin Harrison would've taken one for the team time and again if he was the one we drafted instead of Moulds.

It won't be long before your idol JP lOsman will have to decide if he should take a paycut or stay with the organization when his time comes for free agaency. I'd also like to see him try to take some young qb and train him without feeling any insecurities.

Moulds was the BEST player the bills ever had since the Kelly era. He will one day be one the Bills' Wall of Fame. I wish him the best and hope he has a few more probowl years ahead of him.

God help the bills if he's let go. I hope Evans proves to be a reliable no.1 like Moulds was all these years or bring in someone who can be.

Michael82
02-25-2006, 11:33 AM
Unless that was in an interview NOT seen on WIVB's site, you're reaching with that one.
Here's the link to the video....

It's News 4 at 6

http://www.wivb.com/global/category.asp?c=1710

javascript:playVideo('695496', 'Sports%3A%20News%204%20at%206', 'v', 'Sport', '188800', 'Sport', '', '');

Drive 4 Five
02-25-2006, 11:56 AM
Moulds was the BEST player the bills ever had since the Kelly era. He will one day be one the Bills' Wall of Fame. I wish him the best and hope he has a few more probowl years ahead of him.

Well done Justa. I'm glad someone here can still show some class. I'm actually pretty damn disgusted with all the dissrespect towards Moulds. He was a fine player for this organization and deserves much better.

The_Philster
02-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Here's the link to the video....

It's News 4 at 6

http://www.wivb.com/global/category.asp?c=1710

javascript:playVideo('695496', 'Sports%3A%20News%204%20at%206', 'v', 'Sport', '188800', 'Sport', '', '');
Exactly the video I saw and in it, Henderson didn't say Moulds wouldn't take a pay cut...he said he would stay if he were paid like he's been paid. Newsflash!! He didn't have an $11M cap figure last year...or the year before that, or the year before that. If the Bills were to cut his salary down to where it's been the past few years...one..thats deemed a paycut..two..he stays

slakjaw157
02-25-2006, 02:01 PM
I hope he stays. <------ My two cents.

HHURRICANE
02-25-2006, 09:38 PM
Well done Justa. I'm glad someone here can still show some class. I'm actually pretty damn disgusted with all the dissrespect towards Moulds. He was a fine player for this organization and deserves much better.

I don't think its disrespect as much as it is reality. Moulds was a great player but he is on the downside of his career. The Miami game antics personally pissed me off and he has been my favorite player up until this past year. He is worth 2-2.5 Million at the most and we still have alot of cap garbage to deal with even in a restructuring. I say take the dead cap, save the 5 million and use it for the OL and DL and let's see if McGahee can really run!

Tatonka
02-25-2006, 09:48 PM
if he goes.. just get joe juerivicious (i killed his last name spelling) and call it a day. moulds hasnt been that good for a while. he is basically a good possession receiver now.

The_Philster
02-25-2006, 09:49 PM
a good possession receiver who still commands double-teams, you mean

Tatonka
02-25-2006, 09:52 PM
no.. i dont mean..

moulds does not command double teams.. people put 8 in the box against willis.. our passing game was not good enough to truely double cover moulds.. or evans.

your kidding yourself if you think moulds gets double covered.. there might be some safety help, but that is pretty much every defense.. safeties help cover the over the top stuff against the outside wrs, depending on the formation.

no one was game planning for moulds though.. for sure..

The_Philster
02-25-2006, 09:54 PM
then explain why no one could get open against the Pats on 12/11

HHURRICANE
02-25-2006, 10:02 PM

No offense but Moulds had a hard time getting open with single coverage. We are watching a player that doesn't command anything. He is still good, not great.

camelcowboy
02-25-2006, 10:36 PM
How devistating would trading moulds be to our cap, im sure philly would take him.

Mr. Cynical
02-26-2006, 01:28 AM
Well considering the HC and OC who put the gameplan together are no longer here, I think that explains a pretty big part of it imo.

Tatonka
02-26-2006, 01:49 AM
no one could get open because we are not that good.. why is that hard to understand?

mybills
02-26-2006, 08:28 AM
Wow, people hate Moulds so much, that they're blind to how good he STILL is. :shakeno:
I blame that on Bledsoe making him look bad by constantly throwing behind him, way over his head, too far out to the side to reach, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy has stretch marks from it. But the bad name came from back then..and the Drew lovers.

The_Philster
02-26-2006, 08:34 AM
Bledsoe didn't play for us in 2005, mybills...people are ignoring Eric's contributions in 2005. We experienced one game without him last season and we missed him terribly...I hope he's still wearing Bills colors this fall :pray:

Historian
02-26-2006, 08:51 AM
If you think about it, would you take a HUGE (not a little one a HUGE) paycut to come back to a 5-11 team, that is a mess at QB with a WR in Evans ready to take over as the primary guy.

Or would you want to go to a team like Dallas, Philly or SD, making MORE money than you would in Buffalo where'd you instantly become the go-to guy again, and have a realistic chance of playing on a playoff contender..

I don't necessarily agree with that.

Eric and his agent know that they're not going to get 10+ million from anybody, in the 11th year of his career. Maybe that plays in the Bills favor.

Keep in mind these HUGE paycuts are merely money transferred from a weekly salary to an up front lump sum bonus, which means more to the player.

I think Buffalo can compete with the others as a far as salary. The question is, do they want to?

X-Era
02-26-2006, 09:10 AM
I don't necessarily agree with that.

Eric and his agent know that they're not going to get 10+ million from anybody, in the 11th year of his career. Maybe that plays in the Bills favor.

Keep in mind these HUGE paycuts are merely money transferred from a weekly salary to an up front lump sum bonus, which means more to the player.

I think Buffalo can compete with the others as a far as salary. The question is, do they want to?

I dont care how it ends up, I just want the conclusion prior to the start of FA, we need the money.

ddaryl
02-26-2006, 09:20 AM
The only way we keep Moulds is if he allows the Bills to extend his contract one year at vet minimum, and covert salary to bonus. That probably won't be enough to make him worth keeping.

However our WR core will be crippled with out him.

DynaPaul
02-26-2006, 10:54 AM
I hope our new organization can convince him to take a cut and stay for awhile. I, for one, want to see him as a Bill next year.

Tatonka
02-26-2006, 11:55 AM
mybills, i dont think, other than ice, who hates everything and everyone other than JP, anyone hates moulds.. i know i dont.

moulds is a good wr.. he just is not a great wr.. maybe in his prime, he was a top 10, maybe even top 5 wr.. but he has never been an absolutely dominating wr.. not like owens or moss or harrison are consistently.. moulds has had his moments where he looked unstoppable, but that was alot less than more times.

our WRs would be in bad shape without moulds for sure.. but he is not worth the money.. if he takes a pay cut.. then great.. keep him.. i would be happy paying him 5 million this year, but he also needs to lose the attitude he showed last year.. we dont know what went on and never will know all the details.. but the team does not need more distractions, which he was for a short while last year.. he was the good soldier after that, which he has been over his career.. at least publicly.. who knows what he said to jp or others behind closed doors.. it did seem like there was definately something going on though.

regardless.. no one is blind w/ hatred, except maybe ice.. because the rest of us realize that he is a good wr.. some of us are just not so high on moulds koolaid to believe that he is truely at top 10 guy anymore.. and not worth the money that he is making.

Philagape
02-26-2006, 02:53 PM
It's on the record now ....

INDIANAPOLIS - The chances of wide receiver Eric Moulds staying with the Buffalo Bills were already slim. Now his departure appears a virtual certainty.

Moulds' agent, Harry Henderson, said his client has no intention of taking a pay cut to remain with the Bills.

"I don't think that's an option at all," Henderson told The Buffalo News at the NFL Scouting Combine. "He's under contract, so they should pay him. If they want to reduce him, I just don't think he's going to be there."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060226/1017784.asp

I'm not happy to see him go, but reality is reality. We cannot afford a declining WR with that salary.

Dozerdog
02-26-2006, 02:58 PM
I agree with Tonk.

I love the guy- but he's not worth half of what he's scheduled to make.

Granted- I beleive that he's been hampered with bad coaches, bad QBs, and bad playcalling. But we wasted his last 3 seasons away- and he's not worth occupying money better spent on a starting OL guy and a servicable DT.

BillsFever21
02-28-2006, 03:49 PM

I feel bad for him too. Poor guy had to "put up with" the 40+ million he made from us.