• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Bye Bye Moulds

Harry Henderson, agent for eric Moulds, indicated on channel 4 sports tonight that his client has no interest at all in a pay cut.

He obviously knows Buffalo won't pay him $10.8 million this year.. Its not official yet, but you can take it to the bank, Moulds will be gone in a matter of a few days.

I'll eat my words GLADLY if I'm wrong, but I know that I'm not.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Bye Bye Moulds

And I"d just to add.. You can't really blame Moulds..

If you think about it, would you take a HUGE (not a little one a HUGE) paycut to come back to a 5-11 team, that is a mess at QB with a WR in Evans ready to take over as the primary guy.

Or would you want to go to a team like Dallas, Philly or SD, making MORE money than you would in Buffalo where'd you instantly become the go-to guy again, and have a realistic chance of playing on a playoff contender..

And you cant really call MOulds totally selfish. He's given a lot to this franchise over a decade.. Took LESS money to resign with Buffalo when he could have gotten more from Minnesota when his big free agent payday came. And he did restructure his contract before, which gave Buffalo more cap room.

I think this eventual loss is going to hurt Buffalo, but you can't blame Levy. MOulds (nor is any WR not named STeve Smith) is worth $10.8 million dollars, especially at age 32... If Moulds is not willing to take a pay cut and CLEARLY he's not, then you have no choice.

The good news that will come out of this is now Buffalo can potentially be a BIG player in the FA pool.. Between Moulds and Williams savings ALONE that's two GOOD interior lineman they can pick up via FA.. Maybe a Fabini at LT and either a DT like Kemo or DE like Howard..

Both Marv and Moulds are "doing what they gotta do"

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
      Harry Henderson, agent for eric Moulds, indicated on channel 4 sports tonight that his client has no interest at all in a pay cut.

He obviously knows Buffalo won't pay him $10.8 million this year.. Its not official yet, but you can take it to the bank, Moulds will be gone in a matter of a few days.

I'll eat my words GLADLY if I'm wrong, but I know that I'm not.
      It was probably 3 months ago that many of us including me said it would be Moulds himself that would make the decision for him to leave.

Its just going to play out that way now.

Why in the hell would any team pay 10 mill in cap hit for Moulds? They wouldnt at this point

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

I knew for awhile that it was EM who had to decide if he wanted to be a BIll, and I also mentioned that he's sick and tried of playing for the Bills, there ****ty OL's and their musical QB's

EM want's to enjoy the game of football, and Buffalo is a few years away form being able to provide him with that.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

The bottom line is he wont make more than $5 million if he stays.. He'll make that much or more for a team that he feels can win sooner, has a better QB situation and where he'll play a more important role.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
            Maybe?
            • Oct 2003

I'm glad. Too expensive, too old, too much baggage (understandably so given he's had to deal with crappy Bills teams for most of his 10 year career).

Time to move on.

Comment

• Marvelous
              • Feb 2004

My night was just ruined...
              GO BILLS!!! NE
              Magical Trevor

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                I'm glad. Too expensive, too old, too much baggage (understandably so given he's had to deal with crappy Bills teams for most of his 10 year career).

Time to move on.
                Yeah that sucks. Nature of the beast I guess, but as much garbage as E-MO put up with while here a small part of me is glad hes sticking to his guns if this is the case. The inept coaching/management here the past decade would drive most any player nuts.

I hope the guy goes out and gets a ring his first year.
                http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• BillsFever21
                  • Aug 2004

Oh well. He's washed up and overpaid. Cya later.

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

Now who does Moulds get replaced with? An FA aquisition or a Rookie?

Comment

• Spiderweb
                      ....formerly OhBF
                      • Sep 2003

This would give the Bills a tad over 10 Mil in cap space (WM & EM), yet there's an equal or slightly greater amount of dead cap space due to these two guys. We may be ahead and benefit in the long run, but dag, I hate thinking about all that dead cap space....
                      Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
                      own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

• Novacane
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                        The bottom line is he wont make more than $5 million if he stays.. He'll make that much or more for a team that he feels can win sooner, has a better QB situation and where he'll play a more important role.

Any team that pays him $5 mill or more is crazy. He'll get 2-3 IMO

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

I don't blame Moulds if he wants out of Buffalo. His whole career he had to play with a different QB almost every other year. And he knows if Losman is the QB the Bills are probably going no where and he will be lucky to be even looked at by Losman during the game.

I remember the Atlanta game when Moulds was wide open near the endzone with no one around him and JP didn't even look his way.

This is not good when your good/star players want out.
                          First it was Clements wanting out of Buffalo, now Moulds, Adams, probably Willis when he becomes a free Agent, Evans will probably want to leave too when he becomes a free agent. And Spikes.

Damn JP wasnt just a coach, GM killer. He's a team killer.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

I still don't get the sympathy for Moulds. What did he have to 'Put up with'? he made the probowl, and became a multi millionare. All the time racking two domestic assault charges, Spitting on players and getting suspended.

And lets not forget, the man became a Free agent and chose to stay here instead of going to somewhere like philly that was rummored to be willing to pay big for his services as well.

Sorry, I don't feel for the SOB at all.

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

The sooner the POS is outta here the better.

Comment

Working...
                              X