PDA

View Full Version : Bills maybe looking at John Runyon?

ICE74129
02-25-2006, 08:15 AM
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/13947173.htm

capitolneal
02-25-2006, 08:24 AM
hope so that we be a huge upgrade

Saratoga Slim
02-25-2006, 08:33 AM
Yeah, he's got a few years left. Be sweet to sign Runyon and then draft someone in the 3rd or 4th to groom for a couple years. Darryn Colledge maybe.

patmoran2006
02-25-2006, 10:41 AM
Runyan is good, but I'm not sure he's worth the money it would take to get him there.

On top of that, unless I am a wrong, he is a RT. So is Peters. I'm not saying Peters can't be moved to the left side, I'd just feel more comfortable if we found a LT and let Peters continue to grow on the right.

Spiderweb
02-25-2006, 03:05 PM
Runyan is good, but I'm not sure he's worth the money it would take to get him there.

On top of that, unless I am a wrong, he is a RT. So is Peters. I'm not saying Peters can't be moved to the left side, I'd just feel more comfortable if we found a LT and let Peters continue to grow on the right.

He's been a stable quality player so he may command more than say a Verba, who demanded top $$ or sit out. He sat.

I suspect Runyon will get a decent offer, but it shouldn't be a monster one. That is unless of course, Snyder decides he wants him.....

Bill Cody
02-25-2006, 09:30 PM
hope so that we be a huge upgrade
Over Peters? I don't think so. Peters is up and coming and cheap, Runyan is on the way down and expensive. This is exactly the kind of signing a rebuilding team like Buffalo should avoid. The only way this makes REMOTE sense is if we plan to move Peters to LT. Even then I would pass.

The Spaz
02-25-2006, 10:11 PM
Get Runyan and Ryan Pickett VIA free agency I'll be happy. I'll take Bentley and Pickett as well.:up:

Tatonka
02-26-2006, 02:11 AM
i think that before it is all said and done, they need to sign peters to a long term deal now, and just get him over on the left side. they guy was awesome last year against every single person he faced.. which is a list of guys that have seen the probowl more than once.. peters can play the left side at a pro bowl level imho.

move peters, grab runyon and bentley. draft a LG in the second. trade down and take davis in the first.

especially if we are clipping moulds. we need another strong receiver.. davis could be every bit of that. this draft doesnt warrant any first round picks on wrs, but davis would be basically a huge target that could easily catch 50-60 passes and make life for lee evans and company much easier.

NorthCarBills
02-26-2006, 06:36 AM
Runyan was at (or very near) the top of the list in Chris Brown's review of top FA tackles in the last Bills Digest I received. His thought was to bring in an aging Runyan on a 2 year deal while grooming a younger player, possibly obtained in the draft. So definitely not a long term outlook on the guy, but a good short term solution.

ICE74129
02-26-2006, 09:40 AM
i think that before it is all said and done, they need to sign peters to a long term deal now, and just get him over on the left side. they guy was awesome last year against every single person he faced.. which is a list of guys that have seen the probowl more than once.. peters can play the left side at a pro bowl level imho.

move peters, grab runyon and bentley. draft a LG in the second. trade down and take davis in the first.

especially if we are clipping moulds. we need another strong receiver.. davis could be every bit of that. this draft doesnt warrant any first round picks on wrs, but davis would be basically a huge target that could easily catch 50-60 passes and make life for lee evans and company much easier.

Peters is not a probowl LT and never will be. Time to get a REAL LT in here and quick dicking around with experiments.

justasportsfan
02-26-2006, 10:22 AM
Peters is not a probowl LT and never will be. Time to get a REAL LT in here and quick dicking around with experiments.If we were to judge players in their 1st yr. Jp is a bust too.

Tatonka
02-26-2006, 10:35 AM
Peters is not a probowl LT and never will be. Time to get a REAL LT in here and quick dicking around with experiments.

wow man... sometimes you amaze me.. you can see so clearly sometimes, when you want it to be true.. like with losman.. and you are so blind other times..

your statement is based on nothing.. peters was dominant last season.. he gave up one sack all year long.. and he is by FAR the best player on our entire offensive line.

The_Philster
02-26-2006, 07:50 PM
so how many times you win the lotto, Mr. Psychic? :popcorn:

Spiderweb
02-26-2006, 08:32 PM
so how many times you win the lotto, Mr. Psychic? :popcorn:
:roflmao: :roflmao:

SquishDaFish
02-26-2006, 08:58 PM
HaHa good one Phil. I say everyone on the board just put ICe on Ignore that way he will go AWAY!

The_Philster
02-26-2006, 09:00 PM
HaHa good one Phil. I say everyone on the board just put ICe on Ignore that way he will go AWAY!
I don't know...I kind of find him funny..he comes across as someone who claims he knows everything...but half his posts are pure drivel :idunno: