PDA

View Full Version : Moves Id like, Moves I wouldnt like

X-Era
02-25-2006, 08:45 AM
1) D'Brick trade up- We just cut a 4th overall OT, and now we want to do it again? Tex, NYJ, NO can all use a OT. It would take a ton to move up to get him. NYJ have Abraham and probably Pennington plus the 4 pick as bait to move up a slot or 2 to get him. What in the hell do we have to move above them? Add in the fact that the INTERIOR OL is the problem, not as much the tackles, Im not sure I like this move. We would have to give up too much to do it and there are too many good OT's in round 2 to give up that much for him. I agree that he looks to be a stud, but so did Mike Williams.

2) Ngata- Im not a fan of taking him at 8. Many sites are now talking about how he is a bit of a reach at 8. The combine will be his chance to jump up and if he does, great I can go along with it at that point. But right now, its too much of a reach.

3) Hutch- Alexander is in contract negotiations. Sea still needs to resign Marquan Manuel as well. They have a supposed cap figure of 21 mil under. Thats plenty to get it all done so Hutch may be going nowhere. But, hes flat out the best OG in the league IMO. I would make my best possible offer and force Sea to fess up the cash and match or hopefully they dont.

4) Moulds- As I said about a week ago, we are tying up cap cash on a guy whos cap ficgure doesnt work and everyone knows it. Marv needs to step up and figure it out BEFORE FA begins. We need the cash. Apparently Moulds's agent says he wont take a pay cut. Sorry but your out of here if thats the case. If we can restructure him BEFORE FA, great, if not cut him before Mar 3, we need tha cash.

5) Adams- I dont agree with cutting him. Levy didnt say that they were going to for sure, only said they want DT's who run to the ball. Thats fine and may play into getting Ngata. But guys like Hovan, Lewis, Pickett, and Tripplett are more mobile and one of them is likeley a Bill. Still, that is 1 of the 2 starters, why cut the other (Adams). Keep him, sign a FA, draft one or two, let them play it out in training camp and then cut Adams if necessary.

6) DeAngelo Williams- at 8? If we were willing to trade McGahee, Id agree with this move. Williams is an LT type RB that you can count on DESPITE your OL, and he plays every damn game. McGahee didnt do that last year IMO.

7) Jay Cutler- at 8? Maybe. Why? Again its based only on the eval of JP. Marv has already stated its likely that we wont draft a QB high. But Cutler is special, 23 reps at 225? are you kidding me? a QB? He throws well and is a great competitor. IF we sour on Losman, we cant bank on Holcomb forever, we would then need another young QB. Cutler could be special.

8) Vernon Davis- prepare yourselves to be blown away with his combine numbers. The guy is a FREAK. What a great TE he could be for whomever at QB. The guy can block very well, something our current TE's dont do that well. And he will drag DB's for TD's. At 8, I like this move.

9) Winston Justice- I bet that when all is said and done, Justice will rise to be worthy of the 8 pick. I like that move, the guy is a stud. Hes not worthy of that high of a pick yet, but I think he will be. He does project to LT, but has played RT his whole career so far. He flat out can play and can start day one.

10) Bentley- hes gonna command a ton of cash. I hope we have it come Mar 3, because with Teague gone, we need a starting C. Draft one? I love the looks of Marvin Philip (Cal) but hes no Bentley. The guy would be our franchise C for many many years. Hes gonna be there, get it done.

11) Runyan- Why in the hell would we spend critical ap cash on a aging RT when we already have a decent looking RT? I dont see that. Move Peters to LT? Sure I have NO issue with that, but then Gandy could certainly play RT well. I just dont see adding a 32 year old RT, id rather draft one

ICE74129
02-25-2006, 09:08 AM
Thank God you are not the GM. 1-15 every year with you at the helm.

X-Era
02-25-2006, 09:51 AM
Thank God you are not the GM. 1-15 every year with you at the helm.

Thats just plain wrong.

is there some problem with the following:

LT- Peters
LG- Hutch, or draftee Giles, Joseph
C- Betley, or draftee Philip, Degregory
RG- Villarial, or draftee
RT- Gandy, or draftee Justice, O'Callaghan, Whitworth, McNeil (whoever is sitting at our 2nd round pick)

DE- Schobel
DT- Damione Lewis, Chris Hovan, Larry Tripplett, Ryan Pickett, or draftee Claude Wroten, Ngata (if his stock rises), Orien Harris
DT- Adams, or one of the guys from the above DT list
DE- Kelsay

I have NO idea where your criticism comes from.

I expect that we can add 2 of the following from FA:

Hutch, Bentley, Lewis, Tripplett, Hovan, Ryan Pickett

Example: Bentley, Hovan or Lewis (only happens with Moulds restructured or cut)

We then can EASILY land 3 of the following:

Winston Justice, Orien Harris, Ngata, Wroten, Whitworth, Trueblood, McNeil, O'Callaghan, Marvin Philip, Degregory, Davis, DeAngelo Williams, Jay Cutler

Example: Justice, Harris, and Philip
Cutler, Whitworth, and Philip

I fail to see how that can be a bad setup.