PDA

View Full Version : OVERHEARD: Levy wants to trade Losman

lordofgun
02-25-2006, 12:14 PM
My friend works at the Hyatt in downtown Buffalo, which is pretty much the only hotel in town, so whenever anything happens, it happens there. He works in Room Service/Banquets, and overheard Marv Levy talking to something else.

He said that Levy wasn't happy with Losman. Losman has been spending way too much time in bars, and has been hanging out with John Rzeznik of the Goo Goo Dolls, who lives in Buffalo.

Levy would like to trade Losman to move up in the first round to take Leinart. The other QB Levy likes is Reggie McNeal.

Personally, I don't think Losman's trade value is much more than a 5th rounder, so we'll see how this shakes out

:scratch:

justasportsfan
02-25-2006, 12:17 PM
it's gonna be freezing here soon.

Michael82
02-25-2006, 12:17 PM
Oh God. :ill:

Drive 4 Five
02-25-2006, 12:20 PM
Then why am I sweating like Antonio Banderas and two lesbians in a hot tub?

Drive 4 Five
02-25-2006, 12:23 PM
Wasn't Jim Kelly notorious for hanging out at the local bars? Why would Marv care as long as the boy works hard and is productive?

OpIv37
02-25-2006, 12:26 PM
this is insanity. First, does anyone know if there's any truth to the rumor about JP going out too much? Seems odd for the guy who was back in town to learn the system in mid-February last year.

Second, this would basically be starting over with QB development. That's not a strong move.

Third, Leinart didn't look so spectacular in the few games where he actually played teams that were close to USC's level. Thanks to salary cap parity, he'll be playing teams close to his level every week.

Fourth, it takes away the ability to use our best draft pick on OL or DL.

I'm not gonna stress over this too much seeing as the credibility is dubious at best. But I'll be pissed if it's true.

Michael82
02-25-2006, 12:28 PM
this is insanity. First, does anyone know if there's any truth to the rumor about JP going out too much? Seems odd for the guy who was back in town to learn the system in mid-February last year.

Second, this would basically be starting over with QB development. That's not a strong move.

Third, Leinart didn't look so spectacular in the few games where he actually played teams that were close to USC's level. Thanks to salary cap parity, he'll be playing teams close to his level every week.

I'm not gonna stress over this too much seeing as the credibility is dubious at best. But I'll be pissed if it's true.
A lot of people will be :fit: if this is true.

:mad:

X-Era
02-25-2006, 12:30 PM
:scratch:complete fodder!

Reed, Thurm, Kelly and others used to come out after the games and drink with the fans. Levy doesnt give a sh_t about Losman going to bars.

Now, Levy's comment to Polian in jest asking about a trade for Manning may just lead us to believe that Levy wants a franchise QB. Obviously he was just kidding about Manning, but is a need for a franchise QB on his mind? Maybe. Add in the comments about us drafting a mid round QB to compete, he may not be that high on Losman.

Personally, I think this all fixes itself if there is even an ounce of truth to it.

Moulds and Adams were the anti-Losman guys, both could be gone.

Losman knows hes has to prove everything now and if last offseasons obsession with tape and being a gym rat carries over or if he goes even farther into earning the job, Levy will be plenty impressed with Losmans character.

I think its just a case that Levys most trusted players (like Moulds), just dont like him and talked sh_t about him. Levy will be pleasantly suprised with Losmans approach to the game and his Kelly like fire in his belly.

Its just like we said it would be, Losman wasnt THEIR guy. So, he is starting with a clean slate and has to prove hes worthy of the starting job. I think he gets it done.

gr8slayer
02-25-2006, 12:50 PM
I dont like this.

Dozerdog
02-25-2006, 12:55 PM
Link please-

Is this your freind, LoG? A message board rumor?

I'll cut you the same slack as Brian H on this one.

Sorry- when it comes to rumors everyone gets the same treatment.

Dozerdog
02-25-2006, 01:02 PM
The only team stupid enough to do this is New Orleans. Local boy, and it would cost us JP Losman, and our first and second.

If they were dumb enough to do it, I'd give it serious thought.

But, how much would this impact the cap? I think- according to Clump's cap page- it would cost us an additoional 3.6 million to cut him (2006 cap hit)

But- I would do the deal if possible.

kgun12
02-25-2006, 01:13 PM
My question is if he was that unhappy with him why wouldn't he just make a run at Brees or who ever. J.P. contract is pretty cap friendly, so cutting him doesn't kill you and either does keeping him. I think this is hog wash as long as J.p. is working hard during the day, who cares what he does at night. Like someone posted about Kelly, maybe this party hardy thing is a good omen!

Dozerdog
02-25-2006, 01:16 PM
Brees will cost $10 million, is a good but not GREAT QB, and has a serious injury to overcome.

Brees looked great with the best TE and best double threat RB in the NFL. Put him on our sorry offense, he will look very average- just like the 2003 Brees that prompted the Chargers to draft a QB in the first place

kgun12
02-25-2006, 01:30 PM
Brees will cost $10 million, is a good but not GREAT QB, and has a serious injury to overcome.

I didn't say I wanted Bees, just making the point that I don't think J.P. has much trade value right now, (and I'm sure Levy knows this), but that there are QB's available if Levy was this unhappy with him.

Brees had his Labrim (sp) repaired. It will not have any effect on his ability to throw the ball accurately and he will regain all of his stenght back and may even be stronger. My son had close to this same injury, he didn't tear it but strand it during football. He had to do some rehab for about 6 weeks after the 6 weeks he was right back to his nomal lifting program and played baseball (1st and outfield)that spring . He had no ill effects from it. The ortho doctor told him if your going to hurt any part of the arm you throw with this is it. It has no bearing on the stenght or accurecy. It is totally different that what Penington did, his is a rotator cliff which is right in the joint of the shoulder, the labrim goes across the callerbone to the shoulder. Much less of a problem.

THATHURMANATOR
02-25-2006, 01:47 PM

Not that I care if JP goes out but I have seen him personally about 4 times within the last 6 months. Who cares how the guy blows off steam as long as he is working out and preparing.

ICE74129
02-25-2006, 01:48 PM
When will idiots just STFU about this subject? Now we have this assclown making s@#$ up, and on BB.com I think, some other moron is claiming his inside source has Drew Brees in here on Wednesday for a physical.

Stop the bull crap. Losman is going to be our QB.

THATHURMANATOR
02-25-2006, 01:48 PM
The only team stupid enough to do this is New Orleans. Local boy, and it would cost us JP Losman, and our first and second.

If they were dumb enough to do it, I'd give it serious thought.

But, how much would this impact the cap? I think- according to Clump's cap page- it would cost us an additoional 3.6 million to cut him (2006 cap hit)

But- I would do the deal if possible.
We would have to be crazy to give up JP a 1st and 2nd just to move up 5 spots...

OpIv37
02-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Not that I care if JP goes out but I have seen him personally about 4 times within the last 6 months. Who cares how the guy blows off steam as long as he is working out and preparing.

I agree to a certain extent. It's not a big deal if he's going out and having a few beers every now and then.

But if he's binge drinking and getting hammered 3 times a week, that can seriously impede his physical development and he'll be too tired/hung over to improve in the mental aspects of the game.

Bmax
02-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Corey chavous has reggie mcneal ranked as his #1 prospect in the draft..

Ok so ...that means marv picks him up in rd 4 right ....could be a good wr prospect or developmental qb prospect...4.3 40 guy who had a great shrine game....

Bmax

Meathead
02-25-2006, 01:52 PM
did he happen to overhear marv saying lisa guerrero wants to reverse cowgirl me?

lordofgun
02-25-2006, 01:54 PM
Link please-

Is this your freind, LoG? A message board rumor?

I'll cut you the same slack as Brian H on this one.

Sorry- when it comes to rumors everyone gets the same treatment.
I said it was something someone posted on another message board...therefore make up your own mind on how much stock you put in it. :D

LtBillsFan66
02-25-2006, 01:57 PM
I believe the rumor.

TacklingDummy
02-25-2006, 01:58 PM
I'd forgive Marv for cutting Sam Adams if he can trade Losman away and get Leinart.

Hell, even if he traded Losman away for a 2nd round pick and we didn't get Leinart, I'd be happy.

Next year we could trade up in the draft and draft Brady Quinn.

Don't Panic
02-25-2006, 01:58 PM
I cry BS... my best friend practically lives on Chippewa and said he saw JP down there a bunch of times this time last year. He said he was far from partying, just taking in the scene and talking to some girls. This is innuendo, nothing more.

YardRat
02-25-2006, 02:12 PM
He said that Levy wasn't happy with Losman. Losman has been spending way too much time in bars, and has been hanging out with John Rzeznik of the Goo Goo Dolls, who lives in Buffalo.

For some reason I find it humorous to picture Marv *****ing about JP and Rzeznik, let alone believing he actually even knows the Goo Goo Dolls are :roflmao:

RedEyE
02-25-2006, 03:05 PM
I think it's all horse ****.

Why on Earth would Levy just come out in the open and explain his primary goal in the draft unless he was either F'n with someone, or the rumor is horse ****. I go with option 2.

Novacane
02-25-2006, 03:12 PM
Oh Please. I would not be suprised if Marv did not like JP but taking the word of some nobody on a message board who has a friend that "overhead" this? Come on.........are any of you that dumb??????????

ICE74129
02-25-2006, 03:18 PM
I would be shocked if he DIDN'T like JP. All the kid wants to do is work his ass off and win. Exactly what Marv is looking for.

As for as him going to bars etc, Hell Jim Kelly liked the bar scene so much he just went and started his own! Having the guys over to his place after every damn home game, hit on every woman in town. Marv doesn't give a damn what they do in those regards unless it is drugs or domestic Abuse (eric moulds)

TigerJ
02-25-2006, 04:47 PM
I'll take this with a grain of salt, make that a fifty pound block of salt.

Mr. Cynical
02-25-2006, 06:55 PM
did he happen to overhear marv saying lisa guerrero wants to reverse cowgirl me?

:spit:

:lmao:

Tatonka
02-25-2006, 06:59 PM
When will idiots just STFU about this subject? Now we have this assclown making s@#$ up, and on BB.com I think, some other moron is claiming his inside source has Drew Brees in here on Wednesday for a physical.

Stop the bull crap. Losman is going to be our QB.

thanks.. good post..

i actually cant believe log wasted time from his life and mine posting this garbage.

negged.

justasportsfan
02-25-2006, 07:30 PM
the only reason why I think Marv wouldn't like JP is because JP isn't a Kelly type of qb. He probably wants a tall gunslinger.

Drive 4 Five
02-25-2006, 07:36 PM

:snicker:

Nice...

Marvelous
02-25-2006, 07:41 PM
I can't see any team wanting JP in a trade of any significance. At best a 3rd. His best attribute is his speed and he doesn't use it the right way. You know for POSITIVE YARDAGE. JP's bootleg drops him back about 15 yards behind the LOS.
I would love to trade down and get a QB. Or to get any QB day 1. Maybe in the 2nd or 3rd........

DMBcrew36
02-25-2006, 08:00 PM
Ok, lets say this person did hear Levy talking. Even if this is so, how easy would it be for this person who was listening in to think he heard something that wasn't really said? Very easy. He probably heard "Losman" and misheard the rest of the sentence.

Almost anywhere you read, in reliable sources, Levy is saying that he likes Losman.

PromoTheRobot
02-25-2006, 09:12 PM
Let me guess: You're buddy's name is "Soprano?" (ask a TBD'er if you don't get the reference.) Smells like horse$h!t...it probably is.

PTR

Bill Cody
02-25-2006, 09:24 PM
This sounds like pure BS to me.

HHURRICANE
02-25-2006, 09:28 PM
I just heard from a friend of a friend of a friend that Losman is being traded to Indy for Peyton and their first rounder. I am so sick of moron posts. Plus there is more than one Hotel in Buffalo. What a stupid post!!!!

Nublar7
02-25-2006, 09:45 PM
I said it was something someone posted on another message board...therefore make up your own mind on how much stock you put in it. :DPost a link to the other board.

The_Philster
02-25-2006, 09:48 PM
the only reason why I think Marv wouldn't like JP is because JP isn't a Kelly type of qb. He probably wants a tall gunslinger.
strong arm..kinda cocky...on his best days, plays with a chip on his shoulder...sound like Kelly-traits

TedMock
02-25-2006, 10:04 PM
I saw John Rzeznik on VH1 not that long ago, and he was saying that he loves to go back to visit Buffalo as much as he can, but it's tough to get back often because his house is in California, and they're always working on something. I don't know if this was an old interview, but if it wasn't, Losman sure isn't frequenting bars with him in downtown Buffalo.

lordofgun
02-25-2006, 10:32 PM
It was from FootballGuys.com

lordofgun
02-25-2006, 10:34 PM
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=227715

billsburgh
02-25-2006, 11:02 PM
..therefore make up your own mind on how much stock you put in it. :D
NONE AT ALL

lordofgun
02-25-2006, 11:06 PM
NONE AT ALL
Same here! Just thought I'd post it for entertainment value!

Historian
02-26-2006, 05:57 AM
...and I was the second gunman on the grassy knoll!

BFLOBILLSBURGH
02-26-2006, 09:31 AM
So what if Losman is in the bars in Buffalo. He is young, single and a starting QB in the NFL. I live here in Pittsburgh and Big Ben is in the bars on the Southside every weekend. And yes, Jim Kelly was aways in the bars in Buffalo. He even own bars during his playing days. Marv knows better.

JP needs a chance, hopefully Levy gives him that. Trading him would be a waste of time for the Bills.

mush69
02-26-2006, 10:23 AM
I think I'll need to consult the Chef on this. If anybody knows it would be the Chef!

justasportsfan
02-26-2006, 10:28 AM
strong arm..kinda cocky...on his best days, plays with a chip on his shoulder...sound like Kelly-traits Why did MArv joke around with taking Manning? Because like Kelly they have great pocket presence and are gunslingers. Jp runs wild at times and his throws tend to sail. Not that it can't be fixed but remember the other qb he drafted, Tod Collins? tall and stays in the pocket and a great arm. He just didn't turn out having Kelly and JP's confidence.

feelthepain
02-26-2006, 11:28 AM
Gee a rumor, hmmm this could be interesting come spring training. My guess is that most Bill fans don't believe this rumor. Seems this could be fun to watch. Sorta like you Bill fans living off the Ricky rumors. Only the more time goes by the less likely Ricky is guilty of a fourth test. We shall see.

The_Philster
02-26-2006, 11:45 AM
History has shown that Ricky is a pothead
It's also shown that Marv has no problem with a QB who has been seen in a bar

feelthepain
02-26-2006, 03:16 PM
History has shown that Ricky is a pothead
It's also shown that Marv has no problem with a QB who has been seen in a bar

Ricky is not a pothead, although you'd llike to believe that because his talent scares you and becuse he's a fin. JP was a reach for any team in the first rd but to trade up to get him was an obvious lack of knowledge by your boy TD. If Marv thought JP is the man why doesn't he just name him the starter?? I think Marv has already made it clear JP will have to battle Holcomb or whomever they bring in for the job. You don't see teams that have QB's they have faith in making them earn the starting spot.

The fact is JP hasn't lived up to the hype and he's had his chances. If he would have played solid through most of the Bill games last year and if it where all MM's fault Marv would know this and give JP a break. JP played poorly and didn't impress when he needed to. Simple things like incomplete passes, INT's, running when he didn't need to, not picking up blitz's, not seeing wide open WR. Those sre the things that are a direct result of the QB lack of vision,talent and ability and not the system. Marv would not be questioning him if he felt it was just lack of experience. You think Ricky is a pothead because of his history,but Ricky gets tested more then any player in the league. So your opinion is nothing more then an opinion. I think JP has attitude problems and there is a history of that and the Bill players themselves have said it and it was a knock on him at the combine and why no one else had him going in the first rd...but the Bills.

The_Philster
02-26-2006, 03:19 PM
Ricky's not a pothead? :roflmao: The guy abandoned his team on the eve of training camp to go smoke weed..talk about blind homerism.
As far as JP having his chances...:coocoo: 8 games isn't enough time to really have a handle on things at the QB position

why no one else had him going in the first rd...but the Bills.<!-- / message -->and the Packers

feelthepain
02-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Ricky's not a pothead? :roflmao: The guy abandoned his team on the eve of training camp to go smoke weed..talk about blind homerism.
As far as JP having his chances...:coocoo: 8 games isn't enough time to really have a handle on things at the QB position

and the Packers

Ricky was a pothead not anymore genius!! He's been on the team long enough to know the system and perform and did not. Losy his job to a craeer backup more then once.

Packers what??? Just because you may have read rumors of the pack drafting a QB dosen't mean they were gonna draft JP besides Brett's at then end of his career and the Pack have been talking about taking a QB every season for the last five. That's credible!!!

Crisis
02-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Ricky was a pothead not anymore genius!! He's been on the team long enough to know the system and perform and did not. Losy his job to a craeer backup more then once.

Packers what??? Just because you may have read rumors of the pack drafting a QB dosen't mean they were gonna draft JP besides Brett's at then end of his career and the Pack have been talking about taking a QB every season for the last five. That's credible!!!

Or the fact that the Packers came right out and said they were going to take Losman if we hadn't traded up.

The_Philster
02-26-2006, 08:07 PM
Or the fact that the Packers came right out and said they were going to take Losman if we hadn't traded up.
Nah...that couldn't be it ;)

Turf
02-26-2006, 09:45 PM

HUH? Didn't Ricky fail a drug test like 7 minutes go? Or was that a week or so ago. Does it matter? Do you actually follow your team?

feelthepain
02-26-2006, 11:54 PM
HUH? Didn't Ricky fail a drug test like 7 minutes go? Or was that a week or so ago. Does it matter? Do you actually follow your team?

Not for pot, infact word is the league could end up owing Rickky an apology for leaking the story and Chris Mortensen is saying it was a false positive test. Do you understand the word "football"??

feelthepain
02-26-2006, 11:57 PM

Well you'd like to believe that, fact is Greenbay would draft your grandma if she was a QB at any level. If they were, which I doubt! That's not exactly a large number of teams interested in JP and from the past two seasons it's easy to see why only one team wanted him.

tonyc37
02-27-2006, 06:24 AM
first of all wether you like losman or not he has all the tools.if he had a coaching staff that had faith in him you would be singing a different tune.he has everything you want size,strong arm,and mobility.the only thing he doesn't have is experience,but ramsey for instance has played more and hasn't showed much.and we don't have a coaching staff comperablr to washington's.so haow would our guys be able to get anything out of him.our staff is probably worst this year than it was last year

feelthepain
02-27-2006, 10:37 AM
first of all wether you like losman or not he has all the tools.if he had a coaching staff that had faith in him you would be singing a different tune.he has everything you want size,strong arm,and mobility.the only thing he doesn't have is experience,but ramsey for instance has played more and hasn't showed much.and we don't have a coaching staff comperablr to washington's.so haow would our guys be able to get anything out of him.our staff is probably worst this year than it was last year

It's not about like or dislike, it's about what he's done and how. Some Bill fans love him simply because he's a Bill, but thats not a reason to ignore his ability or lack of. The reason only one team wanted him is not hard to figure out, but when you're a blind bias fan you're not exactly a wealth of knowledge or a source for an honest opinion. Bill fans don't have a problem expressing their opinions about Dolphin QB's, but they don't want to hear Dolphin fans opinion about their QB's...how mature and bias of them. When watching Bill games and highlights you could see many problems from the QB position, however if you don't want to see problems you won't.

Since I'm a fin fan, the two year old Bill fans don't know how to post like adults and think they are the only ones allowed to post an opinion, wrong!! Everything they post is could be, will be, yada..yada...yada!! That's fine but the more time that goes by the better chances are he won't be what they want or "think" (and I use that word very lightly) him to be, it's just a matter of time. It also doesn't help that going into his third season everything is completely new and unfamiliar, as in schemes coaching, a new HC that nobody wanted except the Bill's because he's the only HC that would take the job for a McDonalds gift certificate and a bus pass, new OC thats never worked with the new HC, a whole lot to overcome for a guy that already has a ton of question marks.

If you want to know how others would gauge his real value ask yourselves what could you get for him right now, where does he rank aginst Big Ben, Philip Rivers, Eli Manning all three you couldn't get for less then a 1st if at all, but who would give you a fifth rounder for JP?? Greenbay??? No!!!