• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

OVERHEARD: Levy wants to trade Losman

My friend works at the Hyatt in downtown Buffalo, which is pretty much the only hotel in town, so whenever anything happens, it happens there. He works in Room Service/Banquets, and overheard Marv Levy talking to something else.

He said that Levy wasn't happy with Losman. Losman has been spending way too much time in bars, and has been hanging out with John Rzeznik of the Goo Goo Dolls, who lives in Buffalo.

Levy would like to trade Losman to move up in the first round to take Leinart. The other QB Levy likes is Reggie McNeal.

Personally, I don't think Losman's trade value is much more than a 5th rounder, so we'll see how this shakes out

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: OVERHEARD: Levy wants to trade Losman

it's gonna be freezing here soon.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Oh God.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
        • May 2003

Then why am I sweating like Antonio Banderas and two lesbians in a hot tub?

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
          • May 2003

Wasn't Jim Kelly notorious for hanging out at the local bars? Why would Marv care as long as the boy works hard and is productive?

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

this is insanity. First, does anyone know if there's any truth to the rumor about JP going out too much? Seems odd for the guy who was back in town to learn the system in mid-February last year.

Second, this would basically be starting over with QB development. That's not a strong move.

Third, Leinart didn't look so spectacular in the few games where he actually played teams that were close to USC's level. Thanks to salary cap parity, he'll be playing teams close to his level every week.

Fourth, it takes away the ability to use our best draft pick on OL or DL.

I'm not gonna stress over this too much seeing as the credibility is dubious at best. But I'll be pissed if it's true.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
              this is insanity. First, does anyone know if there's any truth to the rumor about JP going out too much? Seems odd for the guy who was back in town to learn the system in mid-February last year.

Second, this would basically be starting over with QB development. That's not a strong move.

Third, Leinart didn't look so spectacular in the few games where he actually played teams that were close to USC's level. Thanks to salary cap parity, he'll be playing teams close to his level every week.

I'm not gonna stress over this too much seeing as the credibility is dubious at best. But I'll be pissed if it's true.
              A lot of people will be if this is true.

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by lordofgun
                complete fodder!

Reed, Thurm, Kelly and others used to come out after the games and drink with the fans. Levy doesnt give a sh_t about Losman going to bars.

Now, Levy's comment to Polian in jest asking about a trade for Manning may just lead us to believe that Levy wants a franchise QB. Obviously he was just kidding about Manning, but is a need for a franchise QB on his mind? Maybe. Add in the comments about us drafting a mid round QB to compete, he may not be that high on Losman.

Personally, I think this all fixes itself if there is even an ounce of truth to it.

Moulds and Adams were the anti-Losman guys, both could be gone.

Losman knows hes has to prove everything now and if last offseasons obsession with tape and being a gym rat carries over or if he goes even farther into earning the job, Levy will be plenty impressed with Losmans character.

I think its just a case that Levys most trusted players (like Moulds), just dont like him and talked sh_t about him. Levy will be pleasantly suprised with Losmans approach to the game and his Kelly like fire in his belly.

Its just like we said it would be, Losman wasnt THEIR guy. So, he is starting with a clean slate and has to prove hes worthy of the starting job. I think he gets it done.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

I dont like this.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Link please-

Is this your freind, LoG? A message board rumor?

I'll cut you the same slack as Brian H on this one.

Sorry- when it comes to rumors everyone gets the same treatment.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

The only team stupid enough to do this is New Orleans. Local boy, and it would cost us JP Losman, and our first and second.

If they were dumb enough to do it, I'd give it serious thought.

But, how much would this impact the cap? I think- according to Clump's cap page- it would cost us an additoional 3.6 million to cut him (2006 cap hit)

But- I would do the deal if possible.

Comment

• kgun12
                        • Jul 2002

My question is if he was that unhappy with him why wouldn't he just make a run at Brees or who ever. J.P. contract is pretty cap friendly, so cutting him doesn't kill you and either does keeping him. I think this is hog wash as long as J.p. is working hard during the day, who cares what he does at night. Like someone posted about Kelly, maybe this party hardy thing is a good omen!
                        Retired Air Traffic Controller
                        USAF VETERAN
                        DAV

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Brees will cost $10 million, is a good but not GREAT QB, and has a serious injury to overcome.

Brees looked great with the best TE and best double threat RB in the NFL. Put him on our sorry offense, he will look very average- just like the 2003 Brees that prompted the Chargers to draft a QB in the first place

Comment

• kgun12
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                            Brees will cost $10 million, is a good but not GREAT QB, and has a serious injury to overcome.
                            I didn't say I wanted Bees, just making the point that I don't think J.P. has much trade value right now, (and I'm sure Levy knows this), but that there are QB's available if Levy was this unhappy with him.

Brees had his Labrim (sp) repaired. It will not have any effect on his ability to throw the ball accurately and he will regain all of his stenght back and may even be stronger. My son had close to this same injury, he didn't tear it but strand it during football. He had to do some rehab for about 6 weeks after the 6 weeks he was right back to his nomal lifting program and played baseball (1st and outfield)that spring . He had no ill effects from it. The ortho doctor told him if your going to hurt any part of the arm you throw with this is it. It has no bearing on the stenght or accurecy. It is totally different that what Penington did, his is a rotator cliff which is right in the joint of the shoulder, the labrim goes across the callerbone to the shoulder. Much less of a problem.
                            Retired Air Traffic Controller
                            USAF VETERAN
                            DAV

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37

Not that I care if JP goes out but I have seen him personally about 4 times within the last 6 months. Who cares how the guy blows off steam as long as he is working out and preparing.

Comment

Working...
                              X