PDA

View Full Version : Good lord!

Devin
02-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Still have doubts?

That guy is ripped!

He looks like Brick did not much fat at all.

37 reps at 225. He looked like he was getting bored.

ICE74129
02-25-2006, 06:50 PM
Still have doubts?

That guy is ripped!

He isn't worth the 8th pick. Don't you read.

Tatonka
02-25-2006, 06:55 PM
leif larsen did 41 reps.. he was ripped too.

he was a great pick for us.

Devin
02-25-2006, 07:07 PM
Bills | Team will meet with Ngata
Sat, 25 Feb 2006 15:41:15 -0800
During his NFL Combine (http://www.kffl.com/link/183) interview, Oregon DT Haloti Ngata (http://www.kffl.com/player/13470/nfl) said he will meet with the Buffalo Bills (http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl) at the Combine. Ngata said he has seen himself projected as going to the Bills. He added it would be cool to play with Bills (http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl) DT Sam Adams (http://www.kffl.com/player/684/nfl) and to learn from him.

Sweetness.

Devin
02-25-2006, 07:14 PM
He isn't worth the 8th pick. Don't you read.

:yawn:

ICE74129
02-25-2006, 08:54 PM
:yawn:

It was sarcasm dumbass.

Devin
02-25-2006, 08:58 PM
It was sarcasm dumbass.

Oh I see, you being the elite GM you are and all it must have gone over my head. :snicker:

billsburgh
02-25-2006, 11:04 PM
Ngata and Adams. nobody runs on us next year

Devin
02-25-2006, 11:25 PM
Correct.

Bmax
02-26-2006, 01:48 AM
yeah .. we all know about leif...Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane...But Ngata was an all american- and has played well in college at 8 may be a question to some.

I think you can say the same for Vernon Davis .. Has he produced enough in college to merit a selection at #8..? His work out stats are off the chart but has he done enough shown enough to to say he will be a all pro at the next level ?

YEAH 51 rep and 6 td's .. I firmly believe if the bills didn't have the issues at Off and def line davis could and would be the pick . but with all our problems it seems likely that o line and def line is thew place we will go. Right now we have to fill need even if we reach by thre or 4 spots.

Eric Winston is having a good combine.. He probaly has moved into rd 1 top 20 and could move into top 15. Left tackles are hard to find in the nfl just ask the bills.

With that said he could be on our radar...I would just take whitworth or spencer in rd2 WHITWORTH IS A RT WHO IS VERY DURABLE.. 52 STARTS AT LSU.

My main question about ngata is his knees not his ability..

Bmax

Tatonka
02-26-2006, 01:55 AM
i would love a trade down and take davis and then whitworth in the 2nd.. and/or mangold.

i just dont see all the hype about ngata.. every time i have seen him play against quality competition, he played like jane.

he came out early.. they said he did it for his family, but he had to be concerned about getting hurt agian.. big guys w/ bad knees are not a good thing.

if marv cuts sam adams though, ngata shouldnt even be considered, because his skill set, if he doesnt blow another knee, or turn out to be a total bust, is just like adams... extremely large, quick off the ball, and strong.

dolphinssuck
02-26-2006, 06:22 AM
Ngata is going to be a good player IMO but Im still on the Mario Williams bandwagon and Id love to see the BIlls pick him up in the draft.

X-Era
02-26-2006, 08:21 AM
Still have doubts?

That guy is ripped!

Its a start at him rebuilding his high first round worth.

If he keeps it up, with a decent 40 time, I think he will get back into the top 10.

ICE74129
02-26-2006, 09:35 AM
it must have gone over my head. :snicker:

That's not a shock.

Tatonka
02-26-2006, 10:21 AM
i am on the vernon davis bandwagon now that we are clipping moulds, more than likely.

X-Era
02-26-2006, 10:22 AM
i am on the vernon davis bandwagon now that we are clipping moulds, more than likely.

I am bouncing all over. I love the thought of Davis but am growing more fond of Ngata after his good combine workouts.

Its a great time to be a Bills fan!!!

tampabay25690
02-26-2006, 10:31 AM
I guess its good to have a top 10 pick..

ArcticWildMan
02-26-2006, 10:37 AM
I only saw Ngata play in Oregon's bowl game but what I saw did not impress me. He was a non factor in that game. If a guy can't be a force in what should have been the biggest game of his career WTH will he play like when he has to grind it out for 16 regular season NFL games?

Unfortunately, we have such a dire need for a DT that we may have to take him and hope and pray he plays up to his potential.

X-Era
02-26-2006, 11:11 AM
I only saw Ngata play in Oregon's bowl game but what I saw did not impress me. He was a non factor in that game. If a guy can't be a force in what should have been the biggest game of his career WTH will he play like when he has to grind it out for 16 regular season NFL games?

Unfortunately, we have such a dire need for a DT that we may have to take him and hope and pray he plays up to his potential.

I think we cant really decide on whether to take him until we get to the draft.

What happens with Adams, what we do in FA as far as DT's go, all that plays into whether we need him.

His workout numbers appear good. He probably was in the 15-20 range and may have vaulted back into the top 10. Id like to see a good 40, and good athleticism results.

Bmax
02-26-2006, 12:06 PM
Mario williams is the # 1 player on my Bills board....NEED AND ABILITY.. but unlikely he will be there... Brick is #2 Not likely....so here are the rest

1.Ngata-6-4-338-37 reps 225...

2.Tamba Hali-6-3-275.. looks a little small.. but i love his motor...
edge rusher.

3.Aj Hawk-won't be there again but if he is don't hesistate....next move would be cutting posey.....
4. Bunkley- Ripped at 300lbs.. quick 44 reps at 225.. wow ...a beast whose flying up boards.. a 1st rd guy now...a trade down guy for buffalo maybe .. good value now at 15-20

5.Vernon Davis -nice fan pick .. Great ability.. not a pressing need. with everett pick last season.. WOULD RATHER THE BILLS WAITED AND DRAFTED Klopfenstein in Rd 4 or 5 .good player...WE HAVE TOO MANY OFF AND DEF LINE NEEDS.

6. Mathias Kiwinuka-big hands needs weight ..jason taylor type ., needs good 10 sec or cone drill time...needs about 10 lbs..weighed 256 this week...chest looked small...

7.. Eric Winston- Needs work but the guy is a heck of an atlete ..Pure left tackle..8 is a little high good pick at 20...

8. Charles spencer- 2nd round guy who i will keep talking about...I have liked him for about two months now....it seems everbody is is coming aboard..

BMAX

TigerJ
02-26-2006, 12:27 PM

I saw Ngata then too. He did not look very effective. I just know that it's not uncommon for good, even great players to have games where they disappear. There might be a reason besides Ngata's ability for his invisibility that day. By all accounts he demands a lot of double teaming and has been very effective in most games. I would not be disappointed if Buffalo picked Ngata. Nor would I be heartbroken if they went in a different direction, depending what direction it was.

I saw Vernon Davis at the combine. Now he was chiseled.

DraftBoy
02-26-2006, 01:12 PM
Ngata is what is commonly referred to as a workout warrior, I saw him play atleast 5 times this season and in three of those games he did not play well and was almost dominated. I hope we do not buy into the workout hype and go with a player who showed up consistently. My top guy is Micheal Huff, esp with us going to a cover 2 defense. Having a Roy Williams esque S could help lessen the blow should we lose Clements next year, and I know clump and others are high on Jimmy Williams but I have questions about his speed at playing CB and Huff is a much better S than Williams is at this moment in time.

Devin
02-26-2006, 04:28 PM
Ngata is what is commonly referred to as a workout warrior, I saw him play atleast 5 times this season and in three of those games he did not play well and was almost dominated. I hope we do not buy into the workout hype and go with a player who showed up consistently. My top guy is Micheal Huff, esp with us going to a cover 2 defense. Having a Roy Williams esque S could help lessen the blow should we lose Clements next year, and I know clump and others are high on Jimmy Williams but I have questions about his speed at playing CB and Huff is a much better S than Williams is at this moment in time.

Is it common for All Americans at the DL position to be dominated or not play well?

I to watched Ngata quite a bit this season, I guess you must have caught the "bad games" because the games I watched he was pretty solid.

DraftBoy
02-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Solid is nice, but not spectacular and that what he needs to be to convince me he's worth the 8th. Ill take solid in rounds 2 and 3 but certainly not in round 1 in the top 10.

X-Era
02-26-2006, 06:13 PM
Solid is nice, but not spectacular and that what he needs to be to convince me he's worth the 8th. Ill take solid in rounds 2 and 3 but certainly not in round 1 in the top 10.

I am 300% behind this comment!

Its what Ive said from the start on him.

8 is just too high to take a risky player. We need a bonafide projected star.

Now, Im willing to go along with Ngata at 8 if he puts up a great combine. His bench looks great, lets see the rest of the drills.

BTW, Pos rep headed your way. Its a little love fest after all the spam negging thats going on.:posrep:

Devin
02-26-2006, 06:18 PM
Not to discredit you Draftboy as I know you know your stuff about as well as any of us if not better.

I realize the draft can be a 50-50 shot. But I have to disagree, You simply dont get ranked best DT in the draft and a consensus all american by putting up sub-par/average play. Just doesnt happen. I am not saying he absolutley wont be a bust.....theres that chance with any player. But as far as what hes done so far hes been at the top of his game.

He maybe a workout warrior but that doesnt automatically translate to failure. For the few games you saw him at average play, there are dozens more where he requires 3 men to cover him.

Even if its only 1 year pairing Ngata next to Sam Adams would be ridiculous.

X-Era
02-26-2006, 06:22 PM
Not to discredit you Draftboy as I know you know your stuff about as well as any of us if not better.

I realize the draft can be a 50-50 shot. But I have to disagree, You simply dont get ranked best DT in the draft and a consensus all american by putting up sub-par/average play. Just doesnt happen. I am not saying he absolutley wont be a bust.....theres that chance with any player. But as far as what hes done so far hes been at the top of his game.

He maybe a workout warrior but that doesnt automatically translate to failure. For the few games you saw him at average play, there are dozens more where he requires 3 men to cover him.

Even if its only 1 year pairing Ngata next to Sam Adams would be ridiculous.

Cant disagree and its one of the reasons Im willing to back it if he has a great combine.

Tatonka
02-26-2006, 06:43 PM
devin.. facts are facts bud.. i have seen games where he was just absolutely non existent.. so apparently you can get rated as the top DT in the draft based on things other than performance..

i would much rather have bunkley or watson personally.

Devin
02-26-2006, 06:45 PM
I agree, but there are plenty of games where lineman are ineffective.

Ive seen games where he is a wall and abuses interior linemen 2-3 at a time at will.

DraftBoy
02-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Devin go look back at the games and see who he played well against? Was it USC? Was it Oklahoma? My point was that in big games he didnt show up. It is very capable with the extremely weak DT class this year to be top ranked and be inconsistent in play. Dont get me wrong the kid can play but he doesnt show it every game and to me that is more than enough to say ok, I dont want him on my team. Against Oklahoma, USC, Houston and Oregon St he looked very very average. USC I can give him a pass on bc they are one of the best, but against the other three? I mean gimme a break. Ngata's best game was a 5 tackle performance against Arizona. The kid isnt putting up huge numbers they are by no means consistent and he may be victim of a double team bc he is the only player on the team worth trying to block. Ngata would be a 2nd or 3rd round DP in a good DT class year. He's not worth 8, and I feel sorry for whatever top 15 team picks him up.

TigerJ
02-26-2006, 10:13 PM
devin.. facts are facts bud.. i have seen games where he was just absolutely non existent.. so apparently you can get rated as the top DT in the draft based on things other than performance..

i would much rather have bunkley or watson personally.

Oddly enough it's Watson who has more of a reputation in the media for disappearing on occasion, and tiring during a game.

ParanoidAndroid
02-26-2006, 10:38 PM
Ngata was double teamed every down in both of the games I saw him in. He usually held his ground against 2 interior linemen. What he ends up doing on plays where he isn't making a tackle, is occupying multiple blockers allowing LB's to move to the ball. That's what a DT usually does.
All the scouts and coaches such as Crennell must see something because he is very highly regarded.
Watson is a lard ass.

Devin
02-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Ngata was double teamed every down in both of the games I saw him in. He usually held his ground against 2 interior linemen. What he ends up doing on plays where he isn't making a tackle, is occupying multiple blockers allowing LB's to move to the ball. That's what a DT usually does.
All the scouts and coaches such as Crennell must see something because he is very highly regarded.
Watson is a lard ass.

Good luck with this crowd.

I see some peoples POV, I believe most people are reaching for a reason not to draft him.

DraftBoy
02-26-2006, 10:45 PM
No doubt Ngata has game and such but when in big games (USC, and Oklahoma) in front of a national tv audience he didnt play big and got manhandeled all night long. Very rarely in both games did he get a consistent doubt team, in the USC game Mutua and Lutui handeled him with ease. In the bowl game v. Oklahoma I dont know what happened but he was a big reason for their falling apart on defense. I would be much more comfortable taking a sure player like Huff at 8 (which is pretty much the only player Im comfortable with at 8) and picking up a FA DT, till next years draft.

DraftBoy
02-26-2006, 10:46 PM

I see some peoples POV, I believe most people are reaching for a reason not to draft him.

while others reach for reasons to draft him, it goes both ways and you know as well as I do there are going to be disagreements which is what makes this the best time in the whole season.

Devin
02-26-2006, 10:51 PM
Yeah of course!

I wasnt implying anything, agree to disagree is all.

DraftBoy
02-26-2006, 10:52 PM
Yeah of course!

I wasnt implying anything, agree to disagree is all.

neither was I, no harm no foul as far as Im concerned. Im so ready for the draft.

Devin
02-26-2006, 10:55 PM
you and me both. Have been watching the combine non stop this weekend.

April 29-30 is a ways away. :ill:

vicmantak
02-26-2006, 11:21 PM
I still dont understand why people want more experiments with our top draft pick. Our most pressing need is to stop the run and DT Ngata is all you want in a DT. Size, weight, quickness, aggressiveness, strong mentality... Sorry for him if Sam is gone.

On the other hand, DE Mario Williams is a tweener. Right now, he represents only an insignificant upgrade over Denney and I would be really dissapointed if Marv is commited on Williams. Mario reminds me the Donahoe era draft picks and just ask Denney if 6-7, 290lbs with very long arms really helps at DE...

Tatonka
02-26-2006, 11:36 PM
Oddly enough it's Watson who has more of a reputation in the media for disappearing on occasion, and tiring during a game.

i agree.. watson has that wrap and ngata is guilty of it as well..but watson also wont cost the 8th overall pick to find out if he will show up or disappear at the next level.

Devin
02-26-2006, 11:49 PM
I think im gonna be nervous no matter who we take at 8.

gr8slayer
02-27-2006, 12:43 AM
I think im gonna be nervous no matter who we take at 8.
+1:bullseye:

alohabillsfan
02-27-2006, 04:48 AM
I really hope we find a dance partner to trade down abiut 5-7 slots and pick up an additional 2nd rounder!

We need to build a young offensive and defensive line

OT Round 1
C Round 2
DT Round 2a
DT Round 2b
S/DB Round 3a
WR (Tall) Round 3b
G Round 4
RB Round 5
QB Round 6
LB Round 7

ddaryl
02-27-2006, 05:07 AM
trade down is an option, this is a very deep draft in a few positions, one of the better draft in years.

tonyc37
02-27-2006, 06:11 AM
first of all if you listen to marv on sirrus radio he said guye like adams don't fit the bills new defensive scheme.Nagata is the same guy so after hearing marv i don't think he will draft nagata.they want smaller quicker d-tackles

LifetimeBillsFan
02-27-2006, 12:13 PM
No doubt Ngata has game and such but when in big games (USC, and Oklahoma) in front of a national tv audience he didnt play big and got manhandeled all night long. Very rarely in both games did he get a consistent doubt team, in the USC game Mutua and Lutui handeled him with ease. In the bowl game v. Oklahoma I dont know what happened but he was a big reason for their falling apart on defense. I would be much more comfortable taking a sure player like Huff at 8 (which is pretty much the only player Im comfortable with at 8) and picking up a FA DT, till next years draft.

Oklahoma was their bowl game, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't it? If so, that's the game he played right after coming back from his mother's funeral. I can give him a pass if he wasn't really into playing that game--no practice that week and just getting back from his mother's funeral doesn't set a guy up to have his head really in the game.

As far as Ngata not being quick enough, I don't know how he showed at the Combine, but that's suposed to be one of his strengths in comparison to some of the other DTs--that he's big, but just as quick as the smaller guys. Anyone get any info on how he did in any of the quickness drills?

mysticsoto
02-27-2006, 12:29 PM
Oklahoma was their bowl game, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't it? If so, that's the game he played right after coming back from his mother's funeral. I can give him a pass if he wasn't really into playing that game--no practice that week and just getting back from his mother's funeral doesn't set a guy up to have his head really in the game.

As far as Ngata not being quick enough, I don't know how he showed at the Combine, but that's suposed to be one of his strengths in comparison to some of the other DTs--that he's big, but just as quick as the smaller guys. Anyone get any info on how he did in any of the quickness drills?

Ngata hasn't worked out yet. Dlinemen and TEs are today. And then the LBs and DBs finish tomorrow...

TedMock
02-27-2006, 12:48 PM

I think you might be right, but I can't say for sure. I'm on the east coast (Washington, DC area), so I can honestly say that Oregon games are not regularly televised in this region. I've seen guys like Bunkley and Williams play a bunch of times, and I'm quite impressed with them. I've heard of Ngata all year, but haven't seen him but one time in a bowl game. I'd like to ask the few folks here who live on the west coast if they've seen him a few times. They would have a better idea. If somebody here lives in NY, or DC, etc, and is claiming to have watched several of Ngata's games, I just don't believe that.

P.S. I have no idea where anybody here lives, so I'm not accusing anybody, specifically, of making false statements. I'm just asking for the folks on the west coast to give us a better opinion than we ACC / Big East folks can possibly give.

Devin
02-27-2006, 12:49 PM
He reportedley has put up a 4.84 40 before, hopefully he repeats at the combine.

Not to shabby for 6'4 350 pounds.