Sleeper WR- Chris Hannon- Tennesee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Sleeper WR- Chris Hannon- Tennesee

6'4" 205lbs. Fast 40's and looked very good in his drills. Consistently ranked near the bottom of everyone's list because of low production. I looked at positional rankings and he was never in the top 30 and as far down as 52.
    He could be a day 2 steal unless someone thinks his combine was good enough to be a 3rd round selection.
    People are saying that this is a pretty thin year for wide outs, but what I am seeing is a healthy amount of bigger, possession types that play faster than their 40 time.
    Hannon was a surprise with his speed. I think he's a better prospect than Peerless Price was.
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Re: Sleeper WR

You need to give me a little more help, Andy. I looked on one list (NFLfans.com) and couldn't find a receiver named Hannon. Where did he play? Do you have a first name? Any combine numbers?
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Re: Sleeper WR Chris Hannon Tennessee

Ht: 6-4 Wt: 195
      Position: WR
      Projected as: WR
      Position Rank: 30
      Date of Birth: 2/18/1984
      Class: Senior
      High School: Riverview HS
      (Sarasota, FL)
      College: Tennessee

Biography:
      2003 - Tennessee:
      Blessed with as much talent as any receiver on Tennessee’s roster ‘Spider Man’ (because of his sticky hands) may be poised for a breakout season. He has the height, speed (4.31 over 40 yards) and leaping ability to be a star-quality pass-catcher once he develops consistency. He gave a glimpse of his mind-boggling potential in the Orange & White Game, weaving through traffic to turn a simple screen pass into a 35-yard touchdown play. 2002 - Played in nine games. Caught two balls in the opener vs. Wyoming but made just one more reception the remainder of the season. Finished with three catches for 33 yards. High school - A three-year starter at quarterback for Class 6A Riverview High School in Sarasota, Fla., he rushed for nearly 1,000 yards as a senior and threw for over 700 running a triple option attack. Earned first team all-state honors and was offered by all three in-state powers - Miami, Florida State and Florida - but committed to Tennessee and stuck by it. Ranked as the No. 44 prospect in Florida by SuperPrep. Member of the SuperPrep All-Dixie team. Selected as a top 150 quarterback prospect by Borderwars.com. Preseason All-America selection by Tom Lemming. Selected All-District and All-Area by the Sarasota Herald-Tribune. Selected third-team Class 6A All-State by the Florida sportswriters. Led Riverview to a 7-3 record and district title in 2001. As a junior, ran for 1,000 yards and passed for 800 yards and 18 touchdowns. His senior campaign, rushed for more than 1,000 yards and passed for another 680 to go with 15 touchdowns. Best game as a senior was 190 rushing yards against East Lake HS. Also competes in track, with a best time of 10.5 seconds in the 100 meters and 21.8 in the 200. Member of his school's Renaissance Club (3.0 grade-point average or higher).

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

Chad Jackson had a great workout.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

This was his combine numbers today- his two 40 yd times

Chris Hannon Tennessee WR 4.49 4.46

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

Thanks Dozer....I was just coming back to provide more detail...dunno how I left so much out...I was looking on the ticker for his 40 time. I knew it was in the 4.45-4.49 range.
            The one thing I did notice about Hannon is his hands. Possibly the softest I have seen from all the WR prospects. He didn't really slow down much on his drills and looks like he can play at high speed as well.
            Mike Hass ran slow, but he was at full speed in whatever he was doing. While some receivers slow down in order to concentrate on catching the ball, Hass does not have to do this, and Hannon did ever so slightly. A few of the fast 40 guys slowed down in their drills.
            Hank Baskett looked just okay and didn't strike me as the sharpest tack in the box.
            Last edited by ParanoidAndroid; 02-27-2006, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Bmax
              • Aug 2003

I'll take Brandon Marshall from Central Florida over Hannon.. Baby TO nickname given by some scouts.. 4.5 40......Huge wr 6-4-230.......had great bowl game could not be stopped....

Bmax...

Comment

• Jeff1220
                H to the 12:20
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bmax
                Baby TO
                That's like saying "Frozen ice" or "VIN number"

Comment

Working...
                X