PDA

View Full Version : Texans looking to move 1st overall...

DraftBoy
02-26-2006, 05:05 PM
Texans | Team exploring trading No. 1 pick
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 14:54:01 -0800

Cliff Brunt, of the Associated Press, Houston Texans general manager Charley Casserly said Sunday, Feb. 25, that the Texans have been talking to teams about possibly trading the first pick in the 2006 NFL Draft. "There's clearly players at the top of this draft that are marquee players," Casserly said. "Players that are impact players, players that are going to go to the Pro Bowl, players that are going to sell tickets. We're going to get offers for this pick. We've already had discussions with teams. I think there's value in our pick."

Dicuss!

lordofgun
02-26-2006, 05:59 PM
Who would we pick at 1? Do we need Bush? I don't see us wanting a QB although Leinert would be tempting. Brick would be a reach at 1, IMO.

Al13
02-26-2006, 06:04 PM
jesus, to climb from 8th to 1st ,you have to give up a LOT !!! i wouldn´t do it

ICE74129
02-26-2006, 06:44 PM
If you can get a career stud at LT and dont' already have one...you do whatever it takes to get one. Trade up, take D'Brick.

SquishDaFish
02-26-2006, 06:55 PM
Nope I say stay until our pick comes up and...
IF DaBrick,Mario,AJ are there we pick if not TRADE DOWN.

ICE74129
02-26-2006, 07:43 PM
Nope I say stay until our pick comes up and...
IF DaBrick,Mario,AJ are there we pick if not TRADE DOWN.

Yeah no matter what, dont get that 10-12 year stud at LT. There was a time when it was thought Bills fans where the smartest in Football...a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago....

The_Philster
02-26-2006, 07:47 PM
Yeah no matter what, dont get that 10-12 year stud at LT. There was a time when it was thought Bills fans where the smartest in Football...a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago....
He didn't say no matter what, don't get the guy who COULD be a stud at LT...do you read anyone's posts before you comment on them or do you just shoot your mouth off without regard for anything?
He said not to trade up....pretty clear to anyone reading at a 1st grade level.

DraftBoy
02-26-2006, 07:49 PM
He didn't say no matter what, don't get the guy who COULD be a stud at LT...do you read anyone's posts before you comment on them or do you just shoot your mouth off without regard for anything?

And therein lies the problem

Spiderweb
02-26-2006, 08:39 PM

Glad to see I'm not the only one weary of the great (in his own mind)
"Frozen Water".

:whew:

tampabay25690
02-26-2006, 08:49 PM
jesus, to climb from 8th to 1st ,you have to give up a LOT !!! i wouldn´t do it

I agree with you 100%

patmoran2006
02-26-2006, 08:49 PM
NFL.com - Houston Texans Team News (http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/HOU/9269639)

I can't believe this. Say what you want about Reggie Bush.

I say he's another Thurman Thomas, Marhsall Faulk, Barry Sanders, Gayle Sayers etc.. He's THAT explosive.

I understand Houston has a lot of holes.. but c'mon, this guy is a once in ten years running back.

Houston has a ton of cap room to sign free agents, the top pick in the second and the TOP pair in the third.. They can get plenty of quality guys and build around an unbelievable back.

SquishDaFish
02-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Thank you Phil. Ive come to the conclusion that there are 2 people on this board that are not the brightest lightbulbs on the XMas tree and those 2 are ICE and TacklingDUMMY. Hell his responses in this thread tell me hes not even a flickering lightbulb hes the burntout one LMAO

Forward_Lateral
02-26-2006, 08:57 PM
The best thing about guys like you ICE, is you forget that Mike Williams was the Brickshaw of his draft. We all wanted him, and look what happened.

lordofgun
02-26-2006, 09:01 PM
I didn't want him. I wanted Roy Williams or Ed Reed, but according to popular opinion, they weren't worth the #4 pick.

SquishDaFish
02-26-2006, 09:03 PM
Draftboy started a thread about this topic already.

lordofgun
02-26-2006, 09:06 PM
threads merged

SquishDaFish
02-26-2006, 09:08 PM
Roy Williams is the guy I wanted also. But i have to admit I was happy with the Big Mike pick.

patmoran2006
02-26-2006, 09:17 PM

Wasn't Mike Williams that 10-12 year guy.. Four years ago?

I don't trade up though.. I would if we needed a Running Back.. I'd give up A LOT to a ridiculous game breaker like Bush, but we need too much on the lines.

Now if I could trade Willis to get back into the late first round/early second then I'd do it. But with some of the top backs out there as FA's now and 2-3 other RB's who will go early on draft day (not including Bush) I dont think there is any market to trade Willis.

So my answer is no, not for lack of desire though.

Forward_Lateral
02-26-2006, 09:17 PM
I didn't want him. I wanted Roy Williams or Ed Reed, but according to popular opinion, they weren't worth the #4 pick.

Sorry, shouldn't have said EVERYONE but generally most people wanted Mike.

Turf
02-26-2006, 09:36 PM
I would take Bush if I could, and trade Willis for a first rounder. Willis isn't that good and has a poor attitude IMO. He isn't that great a runner but has a high trade value.

TigerJ
02-26-2006, 09:55 PM
No! Too expensive, and the top rated pklayers aren't at a need position. You either have to draft someone you don't need or reach, neither of which is a particularly smart way to try and build a team.

gr8slayer
02-27-2006, 12:45 AM
I dont want the number one. There is no one out there that we need that bad. Maybe move up to number five and take Mario Williams.

Mr. Cynical
02-27-2006, 01:01 AM
They want Vince Young and will figure out a way to make that happen without having to use a #1, including bundling Carr. This is the first step IMO. Some team is going to pay ALOT, and I mean ALOT to get this year's #1. With Bush, Leinart and Young, some team is going to give up the kitchen sink.

ICE74129
02-27-2006, 09:09 AM
The best thing about guys like you ICE, is you forget that Mike Williams was the Brickshaw of his draft. We all wanted him, and look what happened.

No only the brain dead wanted him. I was screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I watched guys beat his fat ass left and right at TexASS. You never take a RT with the #4 pick, you do take a LT.

ICE74129
02-27-2006, 09:11 AM
Thank you Phil. Ive come to the conclusion that there are 2 people on this board that are not the brightest lightbulbs on the XMas tree and those 2 are ICE and TacklingDUMMY. Hell his responses in this thread tell me hes not even a flickering lightbulb hes the burntout one LMAO

And I have realised you guys are like those buch of tards in Gym class. You sit around circle jerking each other thinking what you believe is right while the rest of the world laughes at how stupid you are.

EricStratton
02-27-2006, 09:19 AM
And I have realised you guys are like those buch of tards in Gym class. You sit around circle jerking each other thinking what you believe is right while the rest of the world laughes at how stupid you are.

You’re a little old to be watching kids jerking off in gym class, aren’t you?

THATHURMANATOR
02-27-2006, 09:20 AM
How much would it cost to move up? That is the real question. If the price isn't too steap it is a no brainer as Brick would be a fixture for years.

If this doesn't materialize moving to Peters to LT is something that we should look at as Peters who seems to have the skills to be good at this position.

ICE74129
02-27-2006, 09:22 AM
You’re a little old to be watching kids jerking off in gym class, aren’t you?

I tried to avoid them at all costs.

mysticsoto
02-27-2006, 09:23 AM
I have to admit that I was one of the ones wanting Mike Williams also. The year before, we had had a terrible year that was mostly due to a terrible and embarrassing Oline - much like we've had for the last 10 yrs or so. We needed a Tackle that could fortify the line and MW appeared to be one of the best prospects.

But there are differences between Brick and Mike:

#1) Brick is in much better shape than Mike. Mike came into the draft fat. Brick is solid, and although he's gained 15 lbs as of late to better approach what people want him to weigh (and most of that weight appears to be in the stomach) he is still formidable in size.

#2) Brick has freakishly long hands that he uses to keep attackers at bay and away from the QB.

I am not for paying too much to move up to get him. If we could move up and only lose a #3 pick, I'd be happy, but that is unlikely. It is my opinion that we need to concentrate on the inside of the Oline anyway...as well as the inside of the Dline!

EricStratton
02-27-2006, 09:23 AM
Chances are you would only have to jump to 4 or 5 to get Brick. The cost to do that will be much less then the jump to number one.

THATHURMANATOR
02-27-2006, 09:26 AM
Agreed Stratton.

ICE74129
02-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Chances are you would only have to jump to 4 or 5 to get Brick. The cost to do that will be much less then the jump to number one.

Eric, Do you think brick makes it past the Jets? I say it is 50/50 at this point. It depends on how badly they want a QB. If pennington is released by the end of Thursday I would think the #5 spot would be safe. If not, maybe talk to Tenn about the #3 pick?

THATHURMANATOR
02-27-2006, 10:49 AM
Tennesee does need a lot of help so maybe they would be willing to move down.

EricStratton
02-27-2006, 10:53 AM
Eric, Do you think brick makes it past the Jets? I say it is 50/50 at this point. It depends on how badly they want a QB. If pennington is released by the end of Thursday I would think the #5 spot would be safe. If not, maybe talk to Tenn about the #3 pick?

It all hangs on Penningtons shoulder. If he gets cut the Jets need to draft one of the QB's and Brick will be there.

ICE74129
02-27-2006, 10:57 AM
It all hangs on Penningtons shoulder. If he gets cut the Jets need to draft one of the QB's and Brick will be there.

Speaking of, According to NFL.com it might all be moot anyway. Vic Carrucci is saying that the Jests are rummored to be making the texans an offer to get a new QB. if they do that I doubt bush falls to the texans so they may get smart and take D'brick.

EricStratton
02-27-2006, 10:59 AM
The local shows have said the Jets would be happy with either Leinert or Cutler so te have to at least get the 2nd pick to make sure of one.

If the Texans can't trade then the Jets would only have to jump one spot.

The_Philster
02-27-2006, 11:00 AM
then you better start putting some more thought into things cause we're just amused that you have to resort to attacking people and putting words in their mouths to make a point.

EricStratton
02-27-2006, 11:18 AM
The local shows have said the Jets would be happy with either Leinert or Cutler so te have to at least get the 2nd pick to make sure of one.

If the Texans can't trade then the Jets would only have to jump one spot.

Well that didn't last long.

A NYC radio guy just said his source in the Jets front office have them trying to swap with the Texans with NY taking Leinert and the Texans taking Brick.

mysticsoto
02-27-2006, 11:28 AM
Well that didn't last long.

A NYC radio guy just said his source in the Jets front office have them trying to swap with the Texans with NY taking Leinert and the Texans taking Brick.

I doubt this is true. NY will likely be able to draft one of the top 3 QBs, unless they were all taken with the top 3 (unlikely that Houston drafts a QB though) in which case they would get Reggie Bush. This just doesn't seem like something with any validity. Being that Cutler has performed well in the combine and shown that he is strong, they may likely be targeting him...

EricStratton
02-27-2006, 11:34 AM
The Jets don't want Young so they are looking at either Leinhert or Cutler.