PDA

View Full Version : Potential QB?

Devin
02-26-2006, 06:51 PM
Patrick Ramsey?

Not an all pro, not a rookie, sort of middle of the road with potential to start. Likely cheap.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2345822

perhaps worth a 6 or 7th rounder.

SquishDaFish
02-26-2006, 06:53 PM
I would in a heartbeat.

The_Philster
02-26-2006, 06:54 PM
I'd take him :up: I wanted him in 2002 and think that if Washington hadn't snapped him up a few slots before we had our 2nd round pick, neither Bledsoe nor Josh Reed would've ever been a Bill

TacklingDummy
02-26-2006, 07:20 PM
We already have 1 bum from Tulane. We don't need 2.

Iehoshua
02-26-2006, 07:22 PM
Yeah I don't see Ramsey as an upgrade, more of a lateral move, not necessary.

Devin
02-26-2006, 07:27 PM
we would only be getting a middle of the road QB.

What did you think Marv meant when he was talking about QB's?

Draft some......ok wont be ready for 2-4 seasons.

Bring someone in who has experience......not gonna be Brees. Ramsey's level is probably best we can hope for.

Iehoshua
02-26-2006, 07:29 PM
We already have a middle of the road QB in Holcomb. I suppose Ramsey would be a younger middle-of-the road QB. :idunno:

SquishDaFish
02-26-2006, 07:34 PM
With more potential.

ICE74129
02-26-2006, 07:42 PM
ROTFLMAO! Ok, ok...so some of you ***** and whine because JP was from Tulane, didn't play 'real' teams. But you want to trade for the guy that preceded him at Tulane?

Only Bills fans I swear to god...

Just drop the other QB bull SH@!. JP needs to start this year. He needs full support of the fans and his fellow players. Give the boy some help by fixing the defense and shoring up the OL. after a full 16 game season THEN make a decision.

The_Philster
02-26-2006, 07:44 PM
:rolleyes: I think everyone who's come out in support of bringing in Ramsey is also a JP backer...but don't let the facts confuse you

Mitchy moo
02-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Tell us how you really feel ice, please!

DraftBoy
02-26-2006, 07:48 PM
Im all for brining in Ramsey or another vet QB as long as we still draft one as a development project.

Devin
02-26-2006, 07:53 PM
ROTFLMAO! Ok, ok...so some of you ***** and whine because JP was from Tulane, didn't play 'real' teams. But you want to trade for the guy that preceded him at Tulane?

Just drop the other QB bull SH@!. JP needs to start this year. He needs full support of the fans and his fellow players. Give the boy some help by fixing the defense and shoring up the OL. after a full 16 game season THEN make a decision.

You clearly lack the ability to read.

Marv last week said he wanted to bring in another QB for competition. Ramsay is up for trades and I simply raised the possibility.

I thought you being an expert GM and all youd have done your homework.

Rookie. :snicker:

Mitchy moo
02-26-2006, 08:06 PM

Marv last week said he wanted to bring in another QB for competition. Ramsay is up for trades and I simply raised the possibility.

bush league rookie.

Tatonka
02-26-2006, 08:13 PM
have any of you ever actually watched ramsey..

seriously.. he is ****ing awful.. always has been.. just awful..

i would rather spend the 6th rounder on a POS like marcus vick and hope he turns his life around than a scrub like ramsey.

The_Philster
02-26-2006, 08:18 PM
I don't think anyone's proclaiming him a savior or anything...but who knows what a change of scenery might do for him? :idunno:

ScottLawrence
02-26-2006, 08:25 PM

Perfect.

Even if Losman totally sucks it up in preseason, overthrowing, and underthrowing passes, we'll completely risk the 2006 season with him?

Screw that, I want to win now.

Ramsey is not a realistic option, IMO, but someone like Josh McCown is to compete with JP along with Holcomb.

SquishDaFish
02-26-2006, 09:01 PM
I know im a huge JP backer and think he should start this whole year.But getting Ramsey which is another young QB with Potential to battle it out for a roster spot either for backup or if he LIGHTS it UP in PReseason for the starting job would be a good option. If he would outplay and LIGHT it UP in preseason then JP is not meant for this team. But Im one to admit I hope JP turns out to be something great which I think he will.

patmoran2006
02-26-2006, 09:22 PM
The Price for Ramsey will be a 3rd rounder.. 4th at the least.

I know Marv said what he said.. To me it only translated as he's going to take a QB at some point in this draft in the middle rounds.

I dont know, I just have this feeling about JP. I think with MOulds gone soon, he'l be more comfortable and if you could get a left side of the line in front of him that actually blocks someone he may live up to his potential.

ICE74129
02-26-2006, 10:05 PM

So leave it to you to not only go out and suggest a guy that preceeded JP at the small school of Tulane, you pick a guy we have to trade for? Brilliant.

ICE74129
02-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Perfect.

Even if Losman totally sucks it up in preseason, overthrowing, and underthrowing passes, we'll completely risk the 2006 season with him?

Screw that, I want to win now.

Ramsey is not a realistic option, IMO, but someone like Josh McCown is to compete with JP along with Holcomb.

How many times do I have to tell your holcomb lovin butt to STFU? And YES, you give a guy a full season of playing before making a decision.

ICE74129
02-26-2006, 10:07 PM
:rolleyes: I think everyone who's come out in support of bringing in Ramsey is also a JP backer...but don't let the facts confuse you

There are no facts to support your position at all.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-26-2006, 11:01 PM
Patrick Ramsey?

Not an all pro, not a rookie, sort of middle of the road with potential to start. Likely cheap.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2345822

perhaps worth a 6 or 7th rounder.

Why not we already have 1 Tulane QB on our roster J.P. why not add Ramsey who also went to Tulane. :jk:

DraftBoy
02-26-2006, 11:23 PM
Tulane has nothing to do with this decision, talk about nitpicking. Christ this is worse than the crap they pass off as issues in an election campaign.

Devin
02-26-2006, 11:25 PM
Really. I dont love or hate Ramsay or give a **** where he went to school.

Marv stated hed bring in a QB for competition. Imo he beats waiting on a Rookie and while he isnt a pro-bowler or anything he isnt god awful either.

DraftBoy
02-26-2006, 11:29 PM
Really. I dont love or hate Ramsay or give a **** where he went to school.

Marv stated hed bring in a QB for competition. Imo he beats waiting on a Rookie and while he isnt a pro-bowler or anything he isnt god awful either.

Logic and Sense are not needed in these parts....please if it continues I may have to put my mod powers to use....

Devin
02-26-2006, 11:47 PM
:rofl:

vicmantak
02-27-2006, 12:09 AM
It's really nice that Marv Levy is looking to bring strong QB competition.
The problem with Ramsey if he becomes a Bill is TIMING.

This off-season is loaded of QB talent at draft and specially FA and it seems that Marv would do a costly mistake (likely a 3rd round pick) if he doesn't stay cool. Bills already have quality veteran depth on Holcomb and it doesn't matter if Ramsey finishes in another team. He is a great option but not worth a valuable 3rd round pick.

gr8slayer
02-27-2006, 12:41 AM
I would take him over Holcomb.

Mr. Cynical
02-27-2006, 01:05 AM
No.

The_Philster
02-27-2006, 05:02 AM
There are no facts to support your position at all.
considering I'm a JP backer who's in favor of bringing in Ramsey, you're full of it...like usual

justasportsfan
02-27-2006, 08:07 AM
considering I'm a JP backer who's in favor of bringing in Ramsey, you're full of it...like usualSome people have to hear you say " JP is God " or else you're a Holcombite. Their day isn't complete until they are able to whine so they twist your words and read what they want to read and interpret it the way they want to just so that they can come back and say," I'm a coach ( don't ask what grade level). I know better than you or anyone one these boards but I don't really have a job in the NFL." :coocoo:

TacklingDummy
02-27-2006, 08:24 AM
With more potential.

Im tired of QBs that have "potential". Johnson, Losman, now Ramsey. I want a QB who has it.

A QB that we know will be good in time, (Mannings, Elway, Palmer) not one we hope that will be good (Losman, Johnson, Akili Smith)

ICE74129
02-27-2006, 08:58 AM
Logic and Sense are not needed in these parts....please if it continues I may have to put my mod powers to use....

Here is logic and common sense. Dedicate the season to losman or trade him and move on. You can't have it both ways. That is what TD and MM tried to do. Win with a Sh@# team and put it on the QB's shoulders.

Not only did we not win, we had a QB issue that we didn't need and JP got not nearly enough experience. There is no reason at all to have a guy that his orginization spent a 1st, 2nd and 5th round pick on, sitting around doing nothing while you bring in guys to compete because you dont' feel he can do the job. Ie not patient enough to let the kid develop.

Trade his ass and lets move on or give the man full support for a 16 game season and build the TEAM up. It is win win either way. Either he works out or he doesn't. If he does great. the TEAM is now ready with him to compete. If not, great. You now bring in a veteran that is ready to take this team and compete with it.

Now that is common sense....which means damn near everyone here will flat not get it.

If marv and DJ feel they can make enough moves this offseason to compete for the playoffs next year (which is pure BS) then trade losman and go after Drew Brees or Pennington or someone like them. if they understand this is a two offseason process, let JP have the 06 season. Because if they think, or anyone thinks, this one offseason is going to all of a sudden make any QB that much better, I have some land I want to sell you real cheap.

ICE74129
02-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Im tired of QBs that have "potential". Johnson, Losman, now Ramsey. I want a QB who has it.

A QB that we know will be good in time, (Mannings, Elway, Palmer) not one we hope that will be good (Losman, Johnson, Akili Smith)

Well then genius, run down to OBD and tell marv what QB has 'it'. Better yet, save the 32 teams in the NFL the millions they spend trying to scout these kids, and make some big bucks for yourself and tell them who has 'it'. Because By God they would really like to know.

And BTW most of the guys you say had 'it' were total fuggups their first year or two in the league. Elway, Aikman etc all sucked. Thier fans wanted them ran out of town as 'busts'.

TacklingDummy
02-27-2006, 12:34 PM
The diffrence between the Mannings, Elway, Palmer and JP is, everyone knew they would be good QBs with experience, with JP people just hope he turns out to be good with experience.

Bill Cody
02-27-2006, 02:32 PM
Ramsey blows.

dolphinssuck
02-27-2006, 08:46 PM
Im a Losman supporter and would love to see him start on this team but IMO if we could have Holcomb as back up that IMO would be the way to go IMO. But since the things that happened last season and KH getting a good taste as a starter if he doesnt start this season I fear he'll give the Bills problems due to being unhappy. I think JP should start and if we get a QB we should find a QB whos a dependable BU and knows that is going to be his role coming into the season.

Kerr
02-27-2006, 10:30 PM
I sincerely hope not. I'd rather they pick up McCown to compete.

TigerJ
02-27-2006, 10:46 PM
It's an intriguing possibility if he could be had cheap. At the very least, he fortifies your depth.