PDA

View Full Version : marcus vick

Tatonka
02-26-2006, 08:14 PM
just out of curiousity, did this tool get invited to the combine? has he worked out.. anyone heard anything?

ZacGriffi~82
02-26-2006, 08:18 PM
Yeah, he was very apologetic during his interviews. :chuckle:

Tatonka
02-26-2006, 08:20 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/content/sports/falcons/stories/0225combine.html

Tatonka
02-26-2006, 08:21 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=65447

An agent friend of mine called the other day and told me something that will be disturbing for most, yet revealing at the same time.

Marcus Vick is going to be picked a lot higher than you think in April's NFL draft.

Vick currently is working out with noted trainer Chip Smith of Competitive Edge Sports in Atlanta. And Vick is absolutely killing there. His 40 time has dipped into the low 4.3s and high 4.2s, while trainers at CES say he's showing uncanny explosion and redirection in various drills. Now he's at the NFL Combine in Indianapolis, and pretty soon you'll be hearing about Vick's ridiculous numbers (the Wonderlic, notwithstanding).

So what does it all mean?

Look, I said last season that Marcus was a better quarterback than his brother, and I was called an idiot by just about everyone (including my editor). But I'm telling you right now, Marcus Vick is a steal if someone can set him straight. And you better believe someone in the NFL will try.

Don't even bring up the Maurice Clarett saga. They're similar in one way only: They're both turds. At least at this point.

Clarett showed up at the NFL Combine out of shape and with a surly attitude. He ran a 7.32 40 (I kid; but that fark photo of Clarett finishing behind the old man was an absolute classic) and completely turned off NFL execs with his standoffish personality.

Vick will be different. Scouts will rave about his pure athletic ability after he works out. And he'll be contrite (trust me, he's good at it; he fooled me in April, 2005). The only question then becomes: can he hold it together mentally?

patmoran2006
02-26-2006, 08:38 PM
Vick will go in the third round, fourth at the LATEST.. as long as he doesn't get in any trouble between now and the draft.

lordofgun
02-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Mike Shanahan will take him in the third. :D

Tatonka
02-26-2006, 08:41 PM
i read the article.. you dont have to repeat it.

:shakeno:

The_Philster
02-26-2006, 08:42 PM
as long as he doesn't get in any trouble between now and the draft.:gag: :snicker2:

Mike Shanahan will take him in the third. :D:spit:

Tatonka
02-26-2006, 08:44 PM
actually.. group six for the qbs are about to do their drills on the nfl channel.. so we will know very shortly what kind of numbers he puts up.

DraftBoy
02-26-2006, 08:45 PM
he ran a 4.42 40

tampabay25690
02-26-2006, 08:48 PM
The Raiders would be a great fit for Marcus....

Dozerdog
02-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Sounds like if the Raiders don't get Young, they could go after Vick- or maybe Dennis Green in AZ.

Tatonka
02-26-2006, 08:49 PM
he just ran a 4.54.

Tatonka
02-26-2006, 08:51 PM
on his first run that is..

Turf
02-26-2006, 09:50 PM
Vick is not Marv material, aint gonna happen.

ICE74129
02-26-2006, 09:59 PM
Marcus couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the workouts today. Was high on the out patterns all day.

TigerJ
02-26-2006, 10:03 PM
He supposedly has better touch than his brother, but his 40 numbers aren't anywhere close to that 4.2,4.3 range being touted. If a team wants an athletic guy at QB, I think that Reggie McNeal guy out of Texas A&M would be worth more attention than Vick.

gr8slayer
02-27-2006, 12:43 AM
I dont think he is what Marv had in mind when he said he wanted "quality players"

kgun12
02-27-2006, 07:01 AM
Look, I said last season that Marcus was a better quarterback than his brother, and I was called an idiot by just about everyone (including my editor). But I'm telling you right now, Marcus Vick is a steal if someone can set him straight. And you better believe someone in the NFL will try.

T This is key, it is like saying TO could have been the final piece to the puzzle for Philly, "if someone can set him straight" If he isn't smart enough to realize what he could lose by ALL the crap he pulled and he is going to always be trouble.

Don't even bring up the Maurice Clarett saga. They're similar in one way only: They're both turds. At least at this point.

Why, what Vick did was way worse than what Clareet did. Clarett problems started because he had stupid people making decisions for him, the only one making stupid decisions for Vick was Vick.

Captain gameboy
02-27-2006, 09:27 AM
Come on. How many thousands of players have looked like less than a risk than this kid.

First.
Lousy performance in big games in college, and not always against great opponents.

Second.
No apparent ability to be a top notch NFL quarterback. Nobody has ever suggested that he was, ever.

Third.
A dirtbag. Not only stupid, but evidently non contrite. Totally self destructive.

Why even think about this kid?
The difference between serious prospects is not that great. Why risk this on a kid who has nothing more than the same last name of someone who has never come within 30% of his own NFL potential.

Let him be somebody else's worry.

He has done nothing good, and plenty bad.

mysticsoto
02-27-2006, 09:57 AM

T This is key, it is like saying TO could have been the final piece to the puzzle for Philly, "if someone can set him straight" If he isn't smart enough to realize what he could lose by ALL the crap he pulled and he is going to always be trouble.

Why, what Vick did was way worse than what Clareet did. Clarett problems started because he had stupid people making decisions for him, the only one making stupid decisions for Vick was Vick.

Supposedly, Marcus has better touch on his passes than his brother, but his brother has more zip...

Marcus was apologetic at the combine, but in my opinion, he's just saying what he needs to say to try and get drafted high and make money. I really didn't feel a whole hell of alot of sincerity within him. He's just trying to get paid, and it would be stupid for anyone to spend more than a 6th rounder on him!!!

THATHURMANATOR
02-27-2006, 10:04 AM
Enough with Marcus Vick. He will be someone else's problem. Besides Michael Vick is nothing but a name to me.

dolphinssuck
02-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Enough with Marcus Vick. He will be someone else's problem. Besides Michael Vick is nothing but a name to me.:bf1: So true this kid is only going to be in the NFL because of the name on the back of his jersey.

HAMMER
02-27-2006, 10:54 AM
VT is the new Felon U, disgraceful.