PDA

View Full Version : Does Moulds really want to be here?

billsburgh
02-27-2006, 02:09 AM
With his agent coming out and saying that a pay cut is out of the question, is Moulds in fact invinting the Bills to cut him. He should know that the team cant live with his cap number this year and if he wanted to stay and help the team by giving them cap relief to bring in better players he would restructure his contract. It seems to me that he wants out of here.

ddaryl
02-27-2006, 04:36 AM
In my opinion, EM wants to play for a real contender, and he doesn't want ot suffer with our QB situation for another year.

We can extend Eric's current contract, BUT EM has to be willing to add 2 years to the contract at vet minimum. This would allow us to convert his base salary to bonus and spread out the money across the extended years. I believe he's signed thru 2007 in his current deal.

EM doesn't take a paycut under this scenario, but he agrees to play for vet minimum in the 2008-2009 seasons which would probably represent his last years in the NFL.

Now the question is does EM accept his eventual demotion from #1 WR to possibly #2 or #3 WR, could he accept this. The Bills cannot afford to allow EM to be the featured WR after the 2006 season IMO.

I scincerely hope the Bills at least get a draft pick for EM if they must let him go.

vicmantak
02-27-2006, 04:37 AM
Not enough to take a pay cut. He knows his real value and Bills should be conscious about this fact.
IMO an extension with a guaranteed $5 million contract/year to Moulds deserves strong consideration...

The_Philster
02-27-2006, 04:57 AM
With his agent coming out and saying that a pay cut is out of the question,key part of that statement is his agent...Eric has a mouth of his own

ddaryl
02-27-2006, 05:05 AM
Not enough to take a pay cut. He knows his real value and Bills should be conscious about this fact.
IMO an extension with a guaranteed $5 million contract/year to Moulds deserves strong consideration...

LMAO !

5 mil a season for a lost step WR on the downside of his career

Dude... You're friggin High. I'm willing to bet there isn't a team in the NFL willing to pay that. At most EM is worth 3 mil a season at this point of his career, anything else is laughabl.

billsburgh
02-27-2006, 06:28 AM
key part of that statement is his agent...Eric has a mouth of his own
true, but I wouldnt want my agent putting words in my mouth if they werent true. the agent works for the player, not the other way around

ICE74129
02-27-2006, 07:07 AM
In my opinion, EM wants to play for a real contender, and he doesn't want ot suffer with our QB situation for another year.

go.

See that is why he is such a huge Pr$k. Mushin Muhamed went through the same thing last year in Chicago. He didn't come there to play with the rookie Kyle Orton. But like he said, he was the Vetran and needed to be a leader on that team. It was HIS JOB AS A VETERAN, to rally the team around Orton. He told them it was thier jobs to play the best they could and take pressure off of the kid.

Selfish moulds = Throwing the QB under the bus and benched after 4 games.

Muhamed a true veteran = Orton winning 10 Games as a rookie, division title and a first round bye.

I am telling you right now, had Moulds actually been a leader in that locker room and did what MM did, we would have been no worse than 8-8 and JP would already be much better. But then again we would be stuck with Ol Whitey taking a WR with the 8th pick and that moron Mularkey at the helm.

ICE74129
02-27-2006, 07:09 AM
key part of that statement is his agent...Eric has a mouth of his own

But is known how tight moulds and his agent are. Hell moulds has some mouthpiece called a relations expert or some crap that spoke for him all during the suspension etc. That dork has also said no cut.

Point being Moulds agent is echoing what moulds is thinking/wanting

THATHURMANATOR
02-27-2006, 09:30 AM
I hope we bring in David Givens as a replacement.

EricStratton
02-27-2006, 09:42 AM
Is there that big of a market for Eric out there?

He is an aging player whose skills are diminishing at a position that seems to get re-stocked in every draft. He may be blowing smoke but I don’t see him getting any huge contract on the open market.

Dr. Lecter
02-27-2006, 09:46 AM
A team like the Eagles will give him a decent contract. Much of the situation will change if a new CBA is signed.

I think part of the agent's plan is to negotiate publically. A number of local sources (no links - sorry) have said that does want to return, and that he is willing to take a cut.

The_Philster
02-27-2006, 10:58 AM
A team like the Eagles will give him a decent contract. Much of the situation will change if a new CBA is signed.

I think part of the agent's plan is to negotiate publically. A number of local sources (no links - sorry) have said that does want to return, and that he is willing to take a cut.
I've heard those statements as well...and they were from Eric Moulds himself...not just a mouthpiece

gr8slayer
02-27-2006, 12:12 PM
I dont really care what the hell Moulds wants. I want a championship. He is either with us or he isnt, if he isnt then he can go **** himself.

kgun12
02-27-2006, 12:17 PM
Moulds is like every other athelete, for the right money they will play anywhere. C. Barkley was asked once if he would play for X team (don't remember which team) during one of his contract years and he said "I'll play for the KKK if the money is right!" True story!

ICE74129
02-27-2006, 12:28 PM
LMAO I love how fans take what a player says seriously. What is he supposed to say? Fugg Buffalo? Yeah if he doesn't get cut/traded the SOB can't even go out in public without the threat of getting his ass kicked.

kgun12
02-27-2006, 01:28 PM
LMAO I love how fans take what a player says seriously. What is he supposed to say? Fugg Buffalo? Yeah if he doesn't get cut/traded the SOB can't even go out in public without the threat of getting his ass kicked.

I don't say this, but I have stopped wrrying about the guys that aren't here anymore. The loyalty stopped with free agency. They aren't loyal to there teams and fans and either are teams and fans. How many times have you heard a player say I want to be the highest player at my position, then turn around and say my team isn't committed to winning or they would keep this guy or go out and get that guy. Well did they ever think if they would ask for a little less the team could go out and get that guy or keep the other guy? So like I said before your either a Bill or I don't care about you anymore.