PDA

View Full Version : I think the Bills need to something other than sit at #8

ICE74129
02-27-2006, 10:55 AM
I would like to see a move up to get D'brick or a move down with more picks. I know of 3 guards that can make an impact as a rookie for this team. Odds are none of them are there at #8 in the 2nd round.

I am all about doing what you need to do in order to solidify LT for the next 10-12 years with a pure stud. But if there is a way that our scouts and esp Jim McNally says someone like Winston from Tha U can come in with the #8 pick and within a year of training, take over and put in 10 years, then so be it.

I personally think the ideal situation wont' come to fruition. I would like to trade #8 and moulds to Denver for both of thier firsts.

I would like to see Gilles, lutui, or Joseph with one of the picks. Then Bunkley from FSU at DT with the other one if they are there.

Then in the 2nd maybe Winston or one of the TE's like Lewis or Pope.

If we can do that we are looking at possibly 3 starters with those picks and all of them would end up being need picks as well.

tampabay25690
02-27-2006, 11:01 AM
I would like to see a move up to get D'brick or a move down with more picks. I know of 3 guards that can make an impact as a rookie for this team. Odds are none of them are there at #8 in the 2nd round.

I am all about doing what you need to do in order to solidify LT for the next 10-12 years with a pure stud. But if there is a way that our scouts and esp Jim McNally says someone like Winston from Tha U can come in with the #8 pick and within a year of training, take over and put in 10 years, then so be it.

I personally think the ideal situation wont' come to fruition. I would like to trade #8 and moulds to Denver for both of thier firsts.

I would like to see Gilles, lutui, or Joseph with one of the picks. Then Bunkley from FSU at DT with the other one if they are there.

If we can do that we are looking at possibly 3 starters with those picks and all of them would end up being need picks as well.

I agree with you I dont want the Bills to move in the top 5 picks I would like them to move down in the draft and get more. The Bills need Line help both D and Offense and it is very deep for it in this draft....

Devin
02-27-2006, 11:08 AM
I think everyone gathered that from your other dozen posts.

ICE74129
02-27-2006, 11:16 AM
I think everyone gathered that from your other dozen posts.

Blow me.

Devin
02-27-2006, 11:19 AM
clever :rolleyes:

mysticsoto
02-27-2006, 11:21 AM

Do you realize how much Moulds would cost another team if we tried to trade him? You have to be realistic when you think of trades. Besides, the Broncos are not cap happy right now and may need to dump some people before they can do much. It is more likely that Moulds will go to a cap friendly team. Philly and Minnesota are 2 teams who have alot of cap room. Arizona does too, but they have plenty of WRs.

Moulds will not make the $10-11 Million anywhere he goes, and he MUST know that. I suppose, if we cut him, he makes money from us and any other team he signs with - which may come close...I think he can probably still make between $5-6 Million/yr for a 1 or 2 yr contract.

Gunzlingr
02-27-2006, 11:27 AM
Blow me.

Wow, what an original and witty comeback! :down:

Devin
02-27-2006, 11:27 AM
Course he does hes an expert. :rolleyes:

Devin
02-27-2006, 11:28 AM

We should get him in the insult comp this year.

ICE74129
02-27-2006, 11:52 AM

considering those I have to deal with here, I figure I can't use much more than that.

tat2dmike77
02-27-2006, 11:54 AM
Your so hell bent on this guy i swear your dating him or atleast in love with him.

ICE74129
02-27-2006, 11:57 AM
Your so hell bent on this guy i swear your dating him or atleast in love with him.

Its called being smart. It is pretty much a given he will be a 10-12 year stud at LT. Three corner stones of successful franchises..

QB
LT
RDE

Kelly
Wollford
Smith

Do those 2 names ring a bell? A GREAT LT is a huge key componant to any SUCCESFUL team. Something the Bills haven't been in a decade now. Time to cut the crap and get a stud at LT. Quit dicking around with Former undrafted TE's and get a REAL LT.

Devin
02-27-2006, 12:22 PM
There is no such thing as a "given" even Bush could be a flop.

Course a real GM knows that.

ICE74129
02-27-2006, 12:24 PM
There is no such thing as a "given" even Bush could be a flop.

Course a real GM knows that.

A good GM knows and can identify the things that show you this guy has a great chance to be successful. D'Brick will be a great one in this league outside of a devistating injury and those things can't ever be forseen.

Saratoga Slim
02-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Ladies, I'm not taking sides, but lets stop the bickering.

It sucks reading all the way through a thread to find out that only two of the posts responding to the thread topic (Mystic and TB) said anything worth reading.

John Doe
02-27-2006, 07:00 PM
If it is OK to trade up for fewer picks and it is OK to trade down for more picks then it is OK to draft at #8 as well.

Devin
02-27-2006, 07:13 PM
Correct.