X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Vernon Davis 4.37

Love it. Even if we don't want him, could help someone slide down to us.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Vernon Davis 4.37

Damn!

Comment

• tampabay25690
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by BidsJr
      I know what you mean just think what he could do for us him and Everett at TE...That would be sick....JP would be happy as hell...
      GO Gators!!!!!!
      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• BidsJr
        • Sep 2002

Bump for those who don't read threads before posting the same thing.......

lol
        "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• ryjam282
          Offical Billszone Starting QB
          • Mar 2003

I was against drafting a TE at all in the 1st but after seeing this, this is just crazy. If Moulds is indeed gone, this is too good to pass up. We would essentially have 3 WR's that run a 4.3 or better in the 40. Now, that is just damn fast. What LB is going to be able to deal with that? Not one I can think of. He will be double teamed all day long leaving Evans and Parrish free to roam. WOW.

Ryan Withey
          Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

whoa!

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ryjam282
              I was against drafting a TE at all in the 1st but after seeing this, this is just crazy. If Moulds is indeed gone, this is too good to pass up. We would essentially have 3 WR's that run a 4.3 or better in the 40. Now, that is just damn fast. What LB is going to be able to deal with that? Not one I can think of. He will be double teamed all day long leaving Evans and Parrish free to roam. WOW.
              And considering he squats more than most linemen and matches up well bench wise....WHEW!

Oh and that 42" vertical leap helps too LOL!

BTW the kid on NFLN Said he loves to block. He said the battle is what he likes best.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

He is now second on my personal big board behind Ferguson.

Comment

• Billsrock4life
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by ryjam282
                  same here man when i heard the bills were lookin at TEs i was kinda pissed but i watched some skills competition and he was running equally as fast as the other wide recivors and if he runs a 4.37 40 then u r right thats 2 good 2 pass up

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                    • Apr 2004

I'm changing my mock. That is absolutely outstanding!!!

I say grab him!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

i am floored.. that is faster, bigger, stronger, and meaner than matt jones.. plus he has experience at the position, unlike matt jones..

damn.. that is just insane.. i have never seen anything like that.

if moulds is gone.. grab this guy and just use him as a wide out.. hell.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BidsJr
                        Yeahy, we dont need a player like that, we need a DT dont ya know, and it has to be Ngata according to ICE, a player who decides when and where to show up.

Ive said for the past 6 months that if Davis is at 8, we need to take a guy like that!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jp-era
                          Ive said for the past 6 months that if Davis is at 8, we need to take a guy like that!!!
                          i will be honest.. i was only for davis in a trade down situation.. but that was assuming that he was going to run a 4.6 is time..

4.3 for a tight end.. wait.. let me take that back.. 4.3 for ANYONE is insane.. but the fact that the tight end might be able to outrun rosco parrish AND lee evans, while bench pressing them both, is just ungodly..

i hate to get over excited about a guys workout.. but the guy was already clearly was the best tight end prospect in the draft.. he has demonstrated that he has soft hands like a wr.. but with this workout showing his incredible strength (ie. blocking ability) and speed..

for me.. it puts him over the top..

if moulds goes.. he is the replacement that would keep this team from missing a beat without him.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            i will be honest.. i was only for davis in a trade down situation.. but that was assuming that he was going to run a 4.6 is time..

4.3 for a tight end.. wait.. let me take that back.. 4.3 for ANYONE is insane.. but the fact that the tight end might be able to outrun rosco parrish AND lee evans, while bench pressing them both, is just ungodly..

i hate to get over excited about a guys workout.. but the guy was already clearly was the best tight end prospect in the draft.. he has demonstrated that he has soft hands like a wr.. but with this workout showing his incredible strength (ie. blocking ability) and speed..

for me.. it puts him over the top..

if moulds goes.. he is the replacement that would keep this team from missing a beat without him.
                            I love the draft. I also think I have some really good intuition about players. Im telling ya, this guy is the best TE since Gonzales. He looks to be better than Gates, better than Shockey, and way better than Winslow.

I believe that if he is what I think he is, the Bills should take a all pro TE prospect liek Davis at 8.

That type of drag DB's and LB's or outrun them BOTH, underneath route, YAC player, will keep drives alive for us, keep our O on the field, help a young QB to have an ALWAYS open target nice and short, keep D's honest and more men in the box which will open up Evans long.

I just think that it could mean all that and more.

Plus, with a 29th ranked O, our 2 most consistent OL's being OT's...Gandy and Peters, us probably landing a great G or C in FA plus very good prospects later in the draft, this would be a GREAT move for us.

Many say that having an all pro WR doesnt do squat if your QB cant get him the ball. I partially agree. But a TE only needs a guy that can throw 10-20 yards, my grandma can do that.

He just looks too good, and without Moulds were just too unproven and young not to tip the scales with a top notch prospect.

Id love a great LT prospect like D'Brick, but he aint dropping that far.

To me, theres no DT worthy of an 8 pick yet.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

good post.

Comment

Working...
                              X