PDA

View Full Version : Sabres-Ottawa less than one month away......

Dr. Lecter
02-27-2006, 01:09 PM
March 24 is the date. Here is the offical planning thread.

Now I know Valerie is coming up early and wants to do lunch. So are helmetguy and hbf (as I recall). Who else is up for lunch? Where do we want to go? What other plans do we want to make?

The list is as follows:

1. HBF
2. Mikey
3. JD -2 tickets
4. Af61
5. Meathead
6. Billsology
7. Clump - 2 tickets
8. Valerie
9. Dr. Lecter
10. Eb - 2 tickets
11. helmetguy
12. chubluv
13. sabreally
14. Demon

hammerbillsfan
02-27-2006, 01:12 PM
I'm down for lunch. :zonelunch
Can't wait for the game! :hockey:

JD
02-27-2006, 01:13 PM
Dave and Busters would be a good idea..

Whos going to buy the underaged kid some drinks? :D

Should tailgate in the parking lot before the game :up:

Valerie
02-27-2006, 01:22 PM
I'm definitely up for a lunch. I would like to try and get together with other Zoners who won't be going to the game (ie, Thurm, Patrick, Pucker and anyone else who can do a lunch on Friday). The only glitch I can think of is it's a Friday during Lent, so Catholics won't be able to have meat. I was really hoping for Duff's wings! :hungry: :hungry: :sadwalk: I'm up for anything since I'll be eating a salad. lol

Ebenezer
02-27-2006, 01:29 PM
shoud we do a lunch or should we go to dinner before the game on friday and a lunch on saturday??

Dr. Lecter
02-27-2006, 01:30 PM
Lunch list:

1. HBF
2. Valerie
3. Lecter (probable)
4. JD (was that an yes?)

Dr. Lecter
02-27-2006, 01:31 PM
shoud we do a lunch or should we go to dinner before the game on friday and a lunch on saturday??

That sounds good too. I am off Friday and am not Catholic so I am kinda flexible. I do have plans Saturday night, but that is at 8 or so. Lunch would be good and we could hit Duff's.

Ebenezer
02-27-2006, 01:32 PM
That sounds good too. I am off Friday and am not Catholic so I am kinda flexible. I do have plans Saturday night, but that is at 8 or so. Lunch would be good and we could hit Duff's.
Catholic shouldn't be a problem...there are tons of good fish fry places we could go

hammerbillsfan
02-27-2006, 01:32 PM
Some of us were planning to go up to Toronto on Saturday, just to let you know.

Ebenezer
02-27-2006, 01:34 PM
I have to work after the Sabres game and I might be able to go to lunch on sat...

Ebenezer
02-27-2006, 01:36 PM
Some of us were planning to go up to Toronto on Saturday, just to let you know.
I don't think I will have time to go to Toronto (as much as I would like to) so I would really like to do dinner on Friday before the game.

hammerbillsfan
02-27-2006, 01:37 PM
No problem! :zonelunch

Dr. Lecter
02-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Catholic shouldn't be a problem...there are tons of good fish fry places we could go
Yep. There is this little dive place 5 minutes from my house. Looks horrible from the outside, but they have great fish fry's.

The next question is how early we tell Mikey to get there. I figure if we tell him to meet us 45 minutes before we are actually meeting, he will get there right on time.

Ebenezer
02-27-2006, 01:45 PM
Yep. There is this little dive place 5 minutes from my house. Looks horrible from the outside, but they have great fish fry's.

The next question is how early we tell Mikey to get there. I figure if we tell him to meet us 45 minutes before we are actually meeting, he will get there right on time.
yes, he is sometimes a little late...

Valerie
02-27-2006, 02:03 PM
That's my problem as a Catholic, I don't like fish so I'm very limited in my choices. :(

As Hammer said, some of us were planning on going to Toronto on Saturday. And if lunch doesn't work, I think me, Hammer and Helmet were going to go to Niagara Falls for part of Friday. I'm flexible and can do anything. I would like to try and get other Zoners together so I can see some of the people not going to the game.

THATHURMANATOR
02-27-2006, 02:08 PM
I will be in Boston that day.

Ebenezer
02-27-2006, 02:14 PM
That's my problem as a Catholic, I don't like fish so I'm very limited in my choices. :(

As Hammer said, some of us were planning on going to Toronto on Saturday. And if lunch doesn't work, I think me, Hammer and Helmet were going to go to Niagara Falls for part of Friday. I'm flexible and can do anything. I would like to try and get other Zoners together so I can see some of the people not going to the game.
no matter where you go you will face that problem, you have to eat dinner.

Bufftp
02-27-2006, 07:07 PM
I will be at the game in a suite.
you all want to get together after the game?

The_Philster
02-27-2006, 08:29 PM
yes, he is sometimes a little late...
sometimes? :lmao:

PUCKER
02-27-2006, 11:23 PM
Dave and Busters would be a good idea..

Whos going to buy the underaged kid some drinks? :D

Should tailgate in the parking lot before the game :up:

They have a Dave and Buster at Eastern Hills Mall. I might be able to do that depending on how things go.

Myers57
02-28-2006, 11:15 AM
limited freshman parking on campus means no vehicle, unless you guys are near Buff State i'm gonna have to back out of dinner

Valerie
02-28-2006, 12:00 PM
How far away is Buff State from downtown Buffalo? Are you going to the game?

Myers57
02-28-2006, 05:56 PM
oh yea i'll be there

no worries

lol

JD
02-28-2006, 10:19 PM
I'm flexible and can do anything.
:naughty:

JD
02-28-2006, 10:20 PM
Darryl u got ne good hash? :rofl:

Valerie
03-01-2006, 07:55 AM
oh yea i'll be there

no worries

lol
Then just come down earlier so you can go to dinner with us. :) And, if worse comes to worse, maybe one of the kind people :angel: hauling my :fat: :moon: around will be willing to come and pick you up.

Myers57
03-01-2006, 04:40 PM
sounds great!

Dr. Lecter
03-03-2006, 11:11 AM
I am coming from NT, so I might be able to pick some people up. But my after game plans are unknown so I am not sure about taking people home (i.e. I go out with Buff and others and the youngins' gotta go home. :D)

Michael82
03-07-2006, 08:27 AM

I'm excluded from that? :(

Michael82
03-07-2006, 08:28 AM
Sorry about not responding to this thread earlier. I'm a little late. :ontome:

Michael82
03-07-2006, 08:30 AM
I'm looking for a place to stay Friday night and then my plans are free all day Friday and Saturday. :D

I'd love to do a lunch and dinner and maybe something after the game. :up:

Valerie
03-07-2006, 09:51 AM
You're getting a wad of money back from the government, get a room in the hotel where me, Helmet and Hammer will be! :) And you weren't excluded. I didn't realize you had Friday off. If it looks like lunch isn't an option, I say we head off to Niagara Falls for the day and then come back to check into the hotel and get ready for dinner and the game. Mikey, you're more than welcome to come with us, no one said if they were free or not. I believe that me, Helmet and Hammer are going to Toronto on Saturday too.

Michael82
03-07-2006, 12:11 PM
You're getting a wad of money back from the government, get a room in the hotel where me, Helmet and Hammer will be! :) And you weren't excluded. I didn't realize you had Friday off. If it looks like lunch isn't an option, I say we head off to Niagara Falls for the day and then come back to check into the hotel and get ready for dinner and the game. Mikey, you're more than welcome to come with us, no one said if they were free or not. I believe that me, Helmet and Hammer are going to Toronto on Saturday too.
ooh, Toronto? Sounds like fun. I'll have to see if I can get off on Saturday night.

Michael82
03-07-2006, 12:20 PM
I'm definitely up for Niagara Falls. I have off work on both Thursday night and Friday. Maybe I can get Saturday night off too. :D

Valerie
03-07-2006, 02:13 PM
We're staying at the Hampton Inn in downtown Buffalo. Call and see if you can get a room there so we're all at the same place. It'll make it easier when we get up and go. My plane lands at 10:15 and Helmet is going to pick me up at the airport. We can arrange a place to meet you so we can go to Niagara Falls on Friday. Sound good?

Michael82
03-07-2006, 03:14 PM
We're staying at the Hampton Inn in downtown Buffalo. Call and see if you can get a room there so we're all at the same place. It'll make it easier when we get up and go. My plane lands at 10:15 and Helmet is going to pick me up at the airport. We can arrange a place to meet you so we can go to Niagara Falls on Friday. Sound good?
Why would all 3 of u stay in separate rooms? :scratch:

I don't know if I got the cash for my own room. I can give someone money towards their room if they let me crash on the floor tho.... :D

:ontome:

Dr. Lecter
03-07-2006, 04:05 PM
There is a place on Niagara Falls Boulevard that has rooms for $39.95.

The_Philster
03-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Maybe I can get Saturday night off too. :DYou know..I asked you about that a couple of months ago :cynic:

JD
03-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Red Roof Inn... (jacuzzi sweets ooooooh) 29.95 a night. On transit road near that garden village expensive hotel/restaurant.

hammerbillsfan
03-08-2006, 12:47 AM
Why would all 3 of u stay in separate rooms? :scratch:

I don't know if I got the cash for my own room. I can give someone money towards their room if they let me crash on the floor tho.... :D

:ontome:

Whatever you want boss. :zb:
Let me know how much you will give me.

No snoring please.

Valerie
03-08-2006, 09:12 AM
There you go, Hammer has generously offered a spot. You're a doll, Hammer! :bighug: And, we're staying in separate rooms because I'm the only girl and I'm not sleeping with a bunch of guys. lol Now Mikey, you have to be IN BUFFALO that Friday by 10:00am! Can you handle that? lol

Dr. Lecter
03-08-2006, 09:26 AM
There you go, Hammer has generously offered a spot. You're a doll, Hammer! :bighug: And, we're staying in separate rooms because I'm the only girl and I'm not sleeping with a bunch of guys. lol Now Mikey, you have to be IN BUFFALO that Friday by 10:00am! Can you handle that? lol

You should tell that he needs to be there by 9:15 so he gets there at 10.

Michael82
03-08-2006, 09:56 AM
Whatever you want boss. :zb:
Let me know how much you will give me.

No snoring please.
Thanks hammer! :buddies:

And I don't snore. :D

Michael82
03-08-2006, 09:57 AM
You know..I asked you about that a couple of months ago :cynic:
yeah, and I am still hemming and hawing about it. I don't know if I can afford to use another vacation day for that. Here's my problem...either a vacation day for Saturday night or Saturday night on Draft day. Hmmm..... :scratch:

Michael82
03-08-2006, 09:58 AM
I was hoping you would have let me crash with u in your room. :(

:naughty:

10am?!?! Damn! I'll be there. :D

Michael82
03-08-2006, 09:58 AM
You should tell that he needs to be there by 9:15 so he gets there at 10.
:rofl: No, that's still not enough time. It would be more like it if she said 9am sharp. :snooze:

Valerie
03-08-2006, 10:31 AM
We'll firm up plans the week of the game. Just know that you should be in Buffalo by 10:00am that Friday. Take Saturday off too so you can come to Toronto. It'll be fun. Just keep in mind, we're not going to any nudie bars there. lol

JD
03-08-2006, 11:45 AM
4 Straight posts.. Edit works :up: :snicker:

Valerie
03-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Were you being nasty, JD? lol

Michael82
03-08-2006, 12:28 PM
We'll firm up plans the week of the game. Just know that you should be in Buffalo by 10:00am that Friday. Take Saturday off too so you can come to Toronto. It'll be fun. Just keep in mind, we're not going to any nudie bars there. lol
I'll see if I can get off Saturday...but I can't promise anything. Any idea how long u guys will be in Toronto? What time u getting back to ur hotel?

hammerbillsfan
03-08-2006, 12:29 PM
You're a doll, Hammer! :bighug:

:blush:

The_Philster
03-08-2006, 01:04 PM
yeah, and I am still hemming and hawing about it. I don't know if I can afford to use another vacation day for that. Here's my problem...either a vacation day for Saturday night or Saturday night on Draft day. Hmmm..... :scratch:
you'll have to hem and haw a lot quicker than you've been doing...I wanna order tix for the Bandits-Knighthawks next week

Michael82
03-08-2006, 01:43 PM
you'll have to hem and haw a lot quicker than you've been doing...I wanna order tix for the Bandits-Knighthawks next week
What time is the game? Start and estimated end?

Dr. Lecter
03-08-2006, 01:44 PM
You two are starting to sound like Clump and Eb.

The_Philster
03-08-2006, 03:07 PM
:mad:

What time is the game? Start and estimated end?7:30 til about 10

Michael82
03-08-2006, 05:14 PM
:mad:

7:30 til about 10
hmmm, maybe i'll do the Canada thing with Valerie, hammer, and helmet and then leave there to head back for the game, and see if I can come in for work an hour later. :D

The_Philster
03-08-2006, 05:17 PM
hmmm, maybe i'll do the Canada thing with Valerie, hammer, and helmet and then leave there to head back for the game, and see if I can come in for work an hour later. :D
Let me know...Clumpy might be coming and I was also gonna see if FBH wants to go....since I still have her birthday gift :laughter:

helmetguy
03-08-2006, 09:10 PM
Since the hotel isn't far from the arena, how does Pearl St. sound for some post-game afterglow?

JD
03-08-2006, 09:59 PM
Good news. I may have a fakeID from Toronto soon, woohoo!

Myers57
03-09-2006, 12:46 AM
oh **** i realized the game is during spring break, looks like im begging mom and dad to borrow their vehicle for the night...

Now they're going to be pissed because they won't be able to go to the bar...

oh well it should all work out

Dr. Lecter
03-16-2006, 11:18 AM
Now it is a week away......

Bufftp
03-16-2006, 02:31 PM
I will be in a luxury suite watching the game!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Dr. Lecter
03-16-2006, 03:16 PM
I will be in a luxury suite watching the game!<o:p></o:p>

Your idea of meeting up after the game is tempting.

Dr. Lecter
03-16-2006, 10:00 PM
And even those not attending the game can still go to the Friday and/or Saturday lunch.

PUCKER
03-17-2006, 12:10 AM
Any decision on a possible lunch??? :idunno:

Valerie
03-17-2006, 10:27 AM
I thought we were going to do dinner before the game rather than lunch?

chubluv
03-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Thats what I heard also. Did we make a decision on to where we would be going?

Michael82
03-17-2006, 11:39 AM
I thought we were going to do dinner before the game rather than lunch?
That's what I thought too....:scratch:

Dr. Lecter
03-17-2006, 12:13 PM
Fine.

I am available for lunch too.

Where do we want to eat dinner?

Washington Square is nice and is downtown.

PUCKER
03-17-2006, 12:17 PM
Fine.

So is lunch out now? Friday or Saturday? :idunno: I thought maybe D&Bs? Dinner is out for me. :sadwalk:

Valerie
03-17-2006, 12:40 PM
Let's do DUFFS!!!!

I think on Friday me, Helmet and Mikey (if you get to Buffalo ariport by 10am) are going to meet Hammer in Niagara Falls and do some site seeing during the day before we head back to Buffalo for dinner and the game. Anyone who wants to join us is more than welcome.

Pucker, you can't do dinner on Friday night? :(

Dr. Lecter
03-17-2006, 01:00 PM
The problem with Duff's on Friday is with the Catholic types.

But a Saturday lunch is possible.

Valerie
03-17-2006, 02:02 PM
I'm a Catholic type but I may be tempted (by the devil via wings) to cheat. lol Catholics were given a dispensation to eat meat for today, I was going to hold mine over until next Friday. lol

Me, Helmet and Hammer are going to Toronto on Saturday. You're more than welcome to come, Dr. Lecter.

hammerbillsfan
03-17-2006, 02:08 PM
:beers: Come join us.

PUCKER
03-17-2006, 11:13 PM
:moon:

Michael82
03-18-2006, 10:28 AM
Fine.

If we are doing dinner, it should probably be close to the arena.

Michael82
03-18-2006, 10:29 AM
The problem with Duff's on Friday is with the Catholic types.

But a Saturday lunch is possible.
A Saturday lunch works for me. all the people that are staying overnight on Friday and then going home Saturday afternoon, or the Buffalo people...we could meet at Duffs for lunch around noon. :up:

Michael82
03-18-2006, 10:38 AM
Where am I meeting you and helmetguy on Friday morning at 10am? Should I go to the hotel? Or someplace near the airport to meet u? Or where?

Valerie
03-18-2006, 12:40 PM
Where am I meeting you and helmetguy on Friday morning at 10am? Should I go to the hotel? Or someplace near the airport to meet u? Or where?
I'm thinking you should meet us at the airport, Mikey. We could either leave your car there and pick it up on the way back or drive to a place and leave it. Either way, I think you meet us at the airport AT 10:00 am! Please don't be late!!!! We'll go from there and decide what to do with your car.

Dr. Lecter
03-18-2006, 12:58 PM
A Saturday lunch works for me. all the people that are staying overnight on Friday and then going home Saturday afternoon, or the Buffalo people...we could meet at Duffs for lunch around noon. :up:

I like this idea, but the Toronto people might not.

PUCKER
03-18-2006, 10:26 PM
I like this idea, but the Toronto people might not.

I dont,either. Sorry.

hammerbillsfan
03-18-2006, 10:48 PM
Yeah we're heading to Toronto as soon as we leave the hotel.

Dr. Lecter
03-19-2006, 05:10 PM
OK, so dinner sounds definite. Toronto would be fun, but I am not sure I can give up all day Saturday since I already have plans at night. Anybody interested in Duff's for lunch is good either day. Even if we only have a small group Friday it would be fun.

We do need to get Friday dinner plans settled though. Some place close is a real good idea. Washington Square, Pearl St. Grill and Chef's come to mind. We also need to meet somewhere (if you don't make dinner) since I have almost everybody's tickets.

Thoughts?

Sabre Ally
03-19-2006, 05:14 PM
I have to work until 5pm both Friday and Saturday, so dinner before the game is my only option. Whatever y'all do for the lunches won't affect me.

PUCKER
03-19-2006, 05:17 PM
No lunch,nobody likes me. :sadwalk:

Dr. Lecter
03-19-2006, 05:22 PM
No lunch,nobody likes me. :sadwalk:

I said I'll lunch either or both days. I just don't want to be tied up all day Saturday.

I am sure we can find a group for each day.

PUCKER
03-19-2006, 05:28 PM
I said I'll lunch either or both days. I just don't want to be tied up all day Saturday.

I am sure we can find a group for each day.

And that Dave & Busters in Eastern Hills Mall would be a good spot. You can order what you want,get drinks,play games,shopping (especially out-of-towners) ;)

Valerie
03-19-2006, 06:19 PM
Let's pick a place for dinner on Friday night. I know Ally has my cell number and I'll PM it to Dr. Lecter too. I'll be with Helmet, Hammer and possibly Mikey (if he makes it to the airport by 10am on Friday). We're going to do Niagara Falls on Friday and then meet up for dinner. So, lunch for the four of us on Friday is out. And, unless something changes, we're going to Toronto for the day on Saturday.

Pucker, I'm sooooooo sorry we won't be able to meet up this trip. :( Maybe if something changes you could meet us out for dinner or maybe drinks after the game? :cheers: :)

Myers57
03-19-2006, 08:02 PM
im on spring break lol so hopefully i have a vehicle to drive up friday from wyoming county...

need to know when and where to meet for dinner, and if people cant make dinner, when to meet up to get their tickets for the game...

Dr. Lecter
03-20-2006, 08:48 AM
I am definetly getting dinner and there are a few others as well, so you can meet us there.

If anybody else wants my cell #, PM me (I'd post it, but the calls from the women would never stop) so we can be sure to meet up.

I'll be debuting my recently purchsed Perreault Blue and Gold jersey!!

Valerie
03-20-2006, 02:42 PM
We really should settle on a time and place to meet for dinner on Friday night. I think 5:00pm is a good time to meet. That way we have plenty of time to get and eat our food before the game. Since I don't know the area, I found a list of restaurants in the area of the arena.

http://www.hsbcarena.com/directions/restaurants.php

I can eat pretty much anywhere, except a seafood place. So, let's try and settle on a place. Then I'll post a thread and see if any other Buffalo residents want to come out and meet for dinner, even if they're not going to the game.

:feedback:

The_Philster
03-20-2006, 03:05 PM
Pearl Street Grill and Brewery has a wide variety of foods

hammerbillsfan
03-20-2006, 03:23 PM
Whatever everyone else wants is fine by me. :supper:

hammerbillsfan
03-21-2006, 12:43 AM
http://www.pearlstreetgrill.com/catalog/information.php?info_id=8&id=124 (http://www.pearlstreetgrill.com/catalog/information.php?osCsid=69562b5e743d046af64ad8ae5033129d&info_id=5)

This looks good! :up:

Dr. Lecter
03-21-2006, 07:22 AM
I will call there today and see if I can make reservations at 5 PM Friday for 15-20 people. If not, we might have a hard time getting a seat.

Valerie
03-21-2006, 08:26 AM
That works for me too! They have GREAT frozen drinks!!! Mudslides and margaritas!!! :hungry:

Meathead
03-21-2006, 12:25 PM
ill be at dinner fri nite

hey btw i cant believe more people dont want to go to the bandits/knighthawks game sat nite. if youre gonna be around you should give it a whirl. everyone who has ever gone with me to a pro lacrosse game has loved it and id bet you would too. its a good rivalry with plenty of stars on both sides so it should be a great game

hammerbillsfan
03-21-2006, 02:05 PM
I've been to a lacrosse game before, it's good stuff.

But we're going to Toronto. :ontome:

Myers57
03-21-2006, 07:52 PM
how expensive is pearl street?

The_Philster
03-21-2006, 07:58 PM
how expensive is pearl street?
looks similar to Applebee's..TGIFridays
http://www.pearlstreetgrill.com/catalog/information.php?osCsid=69562b5e743d046af64ad8ae5033129d&info_id=11

PUCKER
03-21-2006, 10:52 PM
Pucker, I'm sooooooo sorry we won't be able to meet up this trip. :( Maybe if something changes you could meet us out for dinner or maybe drinks after the game? :cheers: :)

Got a limo for me,too? :beer: :boozer: Seriously,I wish I couldve got a ticket to the game. :sadwalk:

Myers57
03-21-2006, 11:37 PM
ok, so at pearl street will we all receive our tickets, and what time should we all meet there? 6 maybe?

The_Philster
03-22-2006, 04:52 AM
ok, so at pearl street will we all receive our tickets, and what time should we all meet there? 6 maybe?
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=95213

Dr. Lecter
03-22-2006, 07:32 AM
And if you can't make it to Pearl Street, PM me and we can meet at the arena. I'll be wearing a blue and gold Perreault jersey.

Dr. Lecter
03-23-2006, 08:52 AM
Anybody who will NOT be at Pearl City needs to PM me (or post here) so I can make arrangements to get you your ticket(s).

I think everybody is set except for JD Sabrefan as Ally, Demon and chubluv all bought their own tickets, HBF, Mikey, MH, Billsology, CP(2), helmutguy, and Valerie will be at Pearl City and I making arrangements with Eb and Af61.