If Not Eric Moulds then? The "Is our future really Evans, Parish and Aiken?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

If Not Eric Moulds then? The "Is our future really Evans, Parish and Aiken?" thread

OK...looks like EM is on his way out. We as fans always say so and so should be cut...so and so should be traded...well, many want EM gone and apparently they will get his wish.

Since Josh Reed is FA and probably won't be back:

Do you trust Evans, Parish and Aiken to be our top three?

Who should the Bills get to replace EM?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: If Not Eric Moulds then? The "Is our future really Evans, Parish and Aiken?" thre

Originally posted by Ebenezer
    OK...looks like EM is on his way out. We as fans always say so and so should be cut...so and so should be traded...well, many want EM gone and apparently they will get his wish.

Since Josh Reed is FA and probably won't be back:

Do you trust Evans, Parish and Aiken to be our top three?

Who should the Bills get to replace EM?

We need a new #2 WR. Evans is pretty much a #1 WR in this league. Bigger than Santana Moss and Steve Smith who were impact probowlers this year. Slightly shorter than Marvin Harrison. He has more than enough speed, hands and route running skills. It is time to label him the #1 and let him take on those routes.

I am unsure on who the #2 should be. I say that based on I don't know exactly what DJ and Fairchild want in a #2 WR.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Re: If Not Eric Moulds then? The "Is our future really Evans, Parish and Aiken?" thread

With Fairchild as the OC, you're going to see a lot of three-receiver, bunched sets so whoever takes Moulds spot needs to run precise routes.

I hate to see Moulds go, but if he does I'd be willing to give Aiken a shot.

Who else is out there?
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Re: If Not Eric Moulds then? The "Is our future really Evans, Parish and Aiken?" thre

Originally posted by YardRat
        With Fairchild as the OC, you're going to see a lot of three-receiver, bunched sets so whoever takes Moulds spot needs to run precise routes.

I hate to see Moulds go, but if he does I'd be willing to give Aiken a shot.

Who else is out there?
        Marv levy was asked about the WR corp on this team. He said after looking at tape etc they felt 'good' about the corp in general...even without Moulds. Better if we had Eric, but good without. Now to me that says yes they will still go find another #2 WR. But Evans is clearly ready to become the #1 guy.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Re: If Not Eric Moulds then? The "Is our future really Evans, Parish and Aiken?" thread

David Givens. Solid player, proven winner.

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

sounds to me like they'll pick up one of the many possession type veteran receivers and put the pressure on evans to stand up and be the man now

i love evans but that makes me a little nervous. dude didnt even have 50 catches last season. and with moulds on the other side evans didnt face the constant double teaming he'll get as the lone #1

a lot of teams only have a single #1 type threat with a possession guy on the other side so that doesnt doom them to failure at all. the bills might play a carolina type offense, run the ball a lot and go for the big plays in the passing game. it could work

obviously it would be much, much better for the passing game if moulds stayed but you cant have everything in a salary cap league
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
              David Givens. Solid player, proven winner.
              didnt you make this exact post about six months ago?
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Meathead
                sounds to me like they'll pick up one of the many possession type veteran receivers and put the pressure on evans to stand up and be the man now

i love evans but that makes me a little nervous. dude didnt even have 50 catches last season. and with moulds on the other side evans didnt face the constant double teaming he'll get as the lone #1

a lot of teams only have a single #1 type threat with a possession guy on the other side so that doesnt doom them to failure at all. the bills might play a carolina type offense, run the ball a lot and go for the big plays in the passing game. it could work

obviously it would be much, much better for the passing game if moulds stayed but you cant have everything in a salary cap league
                Good post. Not too many teams do have a pair of threats like Evans/Moulds. Losing Moulds will definately hurt. David Givens would be a good choice, Joe Jurivicius might also get the job done. I love Antonio Bryant's skill set, but I don't see Marv wanting to bring in his maturity problems.

It's unfortunate, but I don't think there's anyone out there in FA who is good enough to truly replace/upgrade Moulds. Maybe we'll see some cuts in the next few days that free up some talent. But like Meathead says, these are the choices you have to make in a salary cap league. Can't pay an aging receiver 10 Mil with all the other needs we have.
                Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

I disagree. From what I watched and watched for specifically it was evans drawing most of the double teams, not moulds.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                    I disagree. From what I watched and watched for specifically it was evans drawing most of the double teams, not moulds.
                    Interesting. I for one was kind of assuming that Moulds was still drawing the extra coverage. If he was not, as you say, then its not going to affect us as much as I thought to lose him. if Moulds wasn't changing people's defensive coverage schemes, then he won't be irreplaceable. Anybody else pay attention to the coverage that our receivers got? Just curious if anyone else noticed this, cuase I didnt really pay close enough attention
                    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                      • Aug 2003

to me Evans was drafted to be the #1 WR, it is his 3rd year so it is time for him to show his stuff. Ass for replacing Moulds, I would not expect signing any of the FA's mentioned, just dont think the Bills will prioritze that spot so Sam Aiken will be given first oppurtunity and probably a rookie drafted in the 3rd- 5th rds of the draft

Not like having Moulds and Evans helped the team ave more than 180 yds per game passing last year, so why not go a cheaper route

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
                        to me Evans was drafted to be the #1 WR, it is his 3rd year so it is time for him to show his stuff. Ass for replacing Moulds, I would not expect signing any of the FA's mentioned, just dont think the Bills will prioritze that spot so Sam Aiken will be given first oppurtunity and probably a rookie drafted in the 3rd- 5th rds of the draft

Not like having Moulds and Evans helped the team ave more than 180 yds per game passing last year, so why not go a cheaper route
                        True. You don't draft a guy with the 13th pick in the draft to be a #2 receiver.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                          • Apr 2005

Antonio Bryant

Comment

• Billsrock4life
                            • Nov 2005

Joe Jurevicious would be a good fit but i dont know if we have the cap space

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

didnt you make this exact post about six months ago?
                              Not quite Meathead. Six months ago I didn't use a comma....

Comment

Working...
                              X