PDA

View Full Version : PFW, news Ricky Williams,

feelthepain
02-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Looks like Ricky did nothing wrong and should be back in a fins uni this season tearin it up!!! His trade value should return to previous value maybe even increase. :moon:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2006/whispers2101.htm

Mitchy moo
02-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Let's not take that to the bank yet. Pot is an herb and if he is smoking something with THC in it, he is a goner.

ICE74129
02-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Look, you are always going to be the sorry assed dolphins. and Now that marv is back, we will dominate your asses like we did in the 90's. Go post on a fins board

mysticsoto
02-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Looks like Ricky did nothing wrong and should be back in a fins uni this season tearin it up!!! His trade value should return to previous value maybe even increase. :moon:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2006/whispers2101.htm

Well, 1st of all, "whispers" as the link you gave us is called means "rumors". But even if Ricky is acquitted. It doesn't make a difference. The bad press was probably enough to scare Denver away and now Minnesota looks like they want to keep Culpepper. So Ricky's trade value is no longer what it used to be. Add to that the fact that the combine has shown a good class of RBs and with the glut of RBs available (Edgerrin, Alexander, Lewis, etc) RW will likely not gain you a great deal even if you are able to finally trade him. There is probably atleast 10 RBs in the draft worth a 1st day pick and teams can easily grab one who will be cheap for them and without issues.

But that's actually probably good for you. If you knew anything about football, you'd be hoping that the fins can keep RW. After all, if Ronnie gets hurt, you have absolutely nothing to replace him with. Try not to be a homer so much and think FTP. Then you can realize what is actually best for your team!

feelthepain
02-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Look, you are always going to be the sorry assed dolphins. and Now that marv is back, we will dominate your asses like we did in the 90's. Go post on a fins board

Typical two year old post...if it's not good news for the Bills don't post it!!! We can say anything we want cause we're Bill fans...go away you big meanie!!! Real mature post. I didn't see anyone crying about a Ricky post when it was bad news!!

Static
02-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Denver probably released the story to try and drive down the trade value

Meister
02-27-2006, 03:07 PM
I doubt he was going to get traded even before the results of this drug test were leaked. Even if he is still suspended for a year its not like his career is over. What else is the guy going to do? He will still be under contract with the Phins, one that pays about 1 mil for a year of playing football.....dont think hes going to pull in that kind of coin in India. Either way, I hope he makes it back in the NFL. Whether he smokes dope or not, hes a joy to watch.

feelthepain
02-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Well, 1st of all, "whispers" as the link you gave us is called means "rumors". But even if Ricky is acquitted. It doesn't make a difference. The bad press was probably enough to scare Denver away and now Minnesota looks like they want to keep Culpepper. So Ricky's trade value is no longer what it used to be. Add to that the fact that the combine has shown a good class of RBs and with the glut of RBs available (Edgerrin, Alexander, Lewis, etc) RW will likely not gain you a great deal even if you are able to finally trade him. There is probably atleast 10 RBs in the draft worth a 1st day pick and teams can easily grab one who will be cheap for them and without issues.

But that's actually probably good for you. If you knew anything about football, you'd be hoping that the fins can keep RW. After all, if Ronnie gets hurt, you have absolutely nothing to replace him with. Try not to be a homer so much and think FTP. Then you can realize what is actually best for your team!

You can think what you like, but Ricky isn't doing drugs anymore. The league will have to explain why info on a players drug testing was leaked. The reason for that is for the very reason in Ricky's case. He's done nothing wrong and has said time and time again he's no longer taking drugs. Just because it would make you Bill fans happy doesn't mean it's true, but rather then believe that, you Bill fans want the worst to happen. You can laugh and insult all you want, but when the player is vindicated you can't stand it and will hold on to it with every ounce of hate you can muster. Fact is Ricky did nothing wrong and the facts are coming out.

Meister
02-27-2006, 03:10 PM
The info was leaked b/c Denver went digging when they were in trade talks. These are the type of people that found out Leinart was cross-eyed when he was 1 1/2 years old. Its only logical that they would find whatever they can on a guy before investing millions into him.

THATHURMANATOR
02-27-2006, 03:11 PM
I am happy for the guy if he is cleared. I don't think his trade value will be very high considering he is in his late 20s and the RB market is very full.[

MikeInRoch
02-27-2006, 03:28 PM
You can think what you like, but Ricky isn't doing drugs anymore.

Because, of course, no one ever lies about having stopped doing drugs.

The league will have to explain why info on a players drug testing was leaked.

Well, the leak was from someone in Denver - and the league doesn't have any Denver offices. I don't think it's the league that screwed up here.

The reason for that is for the very reason in Ricky's case. He's done nothing wrong and has said time and time again he's no longer taking drugs.

Got proof?

Just because it would make you Bill fans happy doesn't mean it's true, but rather then believe that, you Bill fans want the worst to happen.

Just because you Dolphin fans want to believe that he did nothing wrong doesn't mean it's true.

You can laugh and insult all you want, but when the player is vindicated you can't stand it and will hold on to it with every ounce of hate you can muster. Fact is Ricky did nothing wrong and the facts are coming out.

PFW is hardly a credible source. When there are actual facts, let us know.

mysticsoto
02-27-2006, 03:28 PM
You can think what you like, but Ricky isn't doing drugs anymore. The league will have to explain why info on a players drug testing was leaked. The reason for that is for the very reason in Ricky's case. He's done nothing wrong and has said time and time again he's no longer taking drugs. Just because it would make you Bill fans happy doesn't mean it's true, but rather then believe that, you Bill fans want the worst to happen. You can laugh and insult all you want, but when the player is vindicated you can't stand it and will hold on to it with every ounce of hate you can muster. Fact is Ricky did nothing wrong and the facts are coming out.

Can't stand what? Stop crying like a 2 yr old and talk like a man. I don't understand what you're whining about? I would prefer Ricky be traded for a low rd pick - which is all he'd be worth. I'd love that. Then you'd have no one proven behind Ronnie and could be dangerously thin if something happened to Ronnie. As I mentioned above, you should be happy to have Ricky and a proven back in case anything were to happen to Ronnie - and you should be against any trade. There should be no complaining coming from you. Instead, you are trying to make it an issue b'cse you have nothing else to talk about since you know little about football. Go back to watching Nickelodeon. The adults are talking football talk that is way over your head right now...

ParanoidAndroid
02-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Trade value?

Everyone knows he is one positive test away from a one-year suspension. He has to be treated as if he is a back up as far as a team is concerned. He's worth a 4th rounder if you're lucky. Personally, even though I am kind of on his side, I wouldn't give up more than a 5th for him.
I like Ricky, but I don't like trolls who post something in such a way as to get a rise out of other posters and then whine about it when they succeed. I see you, FTP and I'm not impressed.

justasportsfan
02-27-2006, 04:17 PM

Pleae move to smack forum or somewhere else.

dolphinssuck
02-27-2006, 04:24 PM
Look whether hes innocent or guilty doesnt matter. See he did something that IMO is unforgivable and thats walk out on his team for what reason? POT! He chose this over playing football and team mates. I know that was a while back but stuff like this sticks with you forever and as for his trade value if you think other teams IMO smart enough to know how this pothead is isnt keeping this in mind if trade talks ever came up then your sadly mistaken. The Dolphins are rolling the dice on this guy and they better hope thre dice arent loaded.

DMBcrew36
02-27-2006, 05:29 PM
His trade value should return to previous value maybe even increase. :moon:

How the hell would his value increase? His value will do nothing but go down with all the bad press he is getting.

justasportsfan
02-27-2006, 05:33 PM
How the hell would his value increase? His value will do nothing but go down with all the bad press he is getting. Doobie production is down these days. His knowledge of where to get them is valuable.

feelthepain
02-27-2006, 06:44 PM
Pleae move to smack forum or somewhere else.

It's not smack, it's news with a link!! Just because you don't like it doesn't qualify it as smack. I didn't see you requesting the thread that reported Ricky's failed test to be moved, but then why would you it's what you want to read, your motives are crystal clear and weak!!

feelthepain
02-27-2006, 06:47 PM
Can't stand what? Stop crying like a 2 yr old and talk like a man. I don't understand what you're whining about? I would prefer Ricky be traded for a low rd pick - which is all he'd be worth. I'd love that. Then you'd have no one proven behind Ronnie and could be dangerously thin if something happened to Ronnie. As I mentioned above, you should be happy to have Ricky and a proven back in case anything were to happen to Ronnie - and you should be against any trade. There should be no complaining coming from you. Instead, you are trying to make it an issue b'cse you have nothing else to talk about since you know little about football. Go back to watching Nickelodeon. The adults are talking football talk that is way over your head right now...

Ah yes, when you have nothing to add worth reading you insult, how refreshing. Let me know when you decide you'll be an adult and you will be worthy of talking too.

feelthepain
02-27-2006, 06:55 PM
Trade value?

Everyone knows he is one positive test away from a one-year suspension. He has to be treated as if he is a back up as far as a team is concerned. He's worth a 4th rounder if you're lucky. Personally, even though I am kind of on his side, I wouldn't give up more than a 5th for him.
I like Ricky, but I don't like trolls who post something in such a way as to get a rise out of other posters and then whine about it when they succeed. I see you, FTP and I'm not impressed.

Like I said if it isn't good news for Bill fans don't post it right?? You don't mind reading Ricky fails test, but you have no interest in reading it was a false positive test. Just because you can't be a grown up and take the good with the bad isn't my problem. I posted it because it's news for Bill fans about a division rival, you don't have to like the news but be mature enough to accept it. After all you sure did enjoy the thought of him failing didn't you?? I could give a crap if you're impressed, that's not my job. If you're big enough to laugh at your rivals woes, be big enough to accept their good news as well. Thats what adults do.

feelthepain
02-27-2006, 06:59 PM
How the hell would his value increase? His value will do nothing but go down with all the bad press he is getting.

Funny I don't see it that way, if he's innocent and it appears he is and not only is he drug free he's trying to do the right things with his career. Thats being proven. Ricky's talent places him in the top five of RB he was used on a limited basis and has one less year of abuse on him from the year off, he is happy and wants to play football. He's worth more then JP if the two were to be traded right now.

ParanoidAndroid
02-27-2006, 07:45 PM
Funny I don't see it that way, if he's innocent and it appears he is and not only is he drug free he's trying to do the right things with his career. Thats being proven. Ricky's talent places him in the top five of RB he was used on a limited basis and has one less year of abuse on him from the year off, he is happy and wants to play football. He's worth more then JP if the two were to be traded right now.

You should be happy that he might be staying for another year. You're not going to get much in a trade, just as we wouldn't get much for JP at the moment. We are better off keeping him just as you are better off keeping Ricky.
Now, try not being a jerk about it.

Kerr
02-27-2006, 10:36 PM
Somehow I don't think Ricky is guilty. The guy did a complete 180 turn on his character last season. He's done stupid things before, but I don't think he'd really be this stupid to throw everything away he's worked so hard to get back to.

mysticsoto
02-28-2006, 08:01 AM
Ah yes, when you have nothing to add worth reading you insult, how refreshing. Let me know when you decide you'll be an adult and you will be worthy of talking too.

Apparently you don't understand football unless someone explains it to you with sock puppets.

Sorry I don't have the time to educate you. So go ahead, pray that the Dolphins trade Ricky. Your team will be worse off for it, but what do I care???

justasportsfan
02-28-2006, 10:12 AM
It's not smack, it's news with a link!! Just because you don't like it doesn't qualify it as smack. I didn't see you requesting the thread that reported Ricky's failed test to be moved, but then why would you it's what you want to read, your motives are crystal clear and weak!! so if this smiley isn't smack then.... suck on it :moon:

feelthepain
02-28-2006, 12:22 PM
so if this smiley isn't smack then.... suck on it :moon:

That was ment for you, because I know how you live for fins bad news and how badly you want Ricky to fail. Also the amount of pleasure you took in talking smack in the thread about Ricky possibly failing another test. Glad to see you were able to pick up on the message sent!! Once again ,if you can't take it, don't dish it out. I can post all day long without smack...,but you can't!! So as long as you're a Jerk, you'll be treated as such.

justasportsfan
02-28-2006, 01:40 PM
That was ment for you, because I know how you live for fins bad news and how badly you want Ricky to fail. Also the amount of pleasure you took in talking smack in the thread about Ricky possibly failing another test. Glad to see you were able to pick up on the message sent!! Once again ,if you can't take it, don't dish it out. I can post all day long without smack...,but you can't!! So as long as you're a Jerk, you'll be treated as such. great, a finfan who thinks he can tell us bills fans what to say on a bills board. :coocoo: What happens when you get banned from here? What board will you move to? FH doesn't want you, BZ is only keeping you for now because it's off season (we need the laughs).