PDA

View Full Version : How will OBD now approach Free Agency?

ICE74129
02-27-2006, 03:00 PM
with Butler/Smith and TD/TM they both had a plan and went after who they wanted very quickly.

Guys like Chris Spielman, Bryce Paup, TKO, Villarial, etc all were in here about the first day of free agency and not many left without signing with us. Guys like Vincent went to Cinci and KC but within about 6 days of FA became a Buffalo Bill.

The FA market isn't that great this year. I hope Marv, Modrak etal move quickly to get the guys they have targeted. My one worry is marv taking a laid back approach and letting the ones that can actually make an impact get away, while we are left with the Bennie Andersons of the market.

Saratoga Slim
02-27-2006, 03:44 PM
All I know is I LOVE having Marv doing our FA interviews. He'll put on a good sales pitch.

BAM
02-27-2006, 08:58 PM
I thought he was dead.

http://www.vh1.com/sitewide/flipbooks/img/shows/the_greatest/50_greatest_albumcvrs/oldirtybastard.jpg

Drive 4 Five
02-27-2006, 09:06 PM
with Butler/Smith and TD/TM they both had a plan and went after who they wanted very quickly.

Guys like Chris Spielman, Bryce Paup, TKO, Villarial, etc all were in here about the first day of free agency and not many left without signing with us. Guys like Vincent went to Cinci and KC but within about 6 days of FA became a Buffalo Bill.

The FA market isn't that great this year. I hope Marv, Modrak etal move quickly to get the guys they have targeted. My one worry is marv taking a laid back approach and letting the ones that can actually make an impact get away, while we are left with the Bennie Andersons of the market.

Those were different days though ICE. Like when we signed Paup and Spielman, we were one of the best teams in the AFC. When we got TKO there was all this hoopla about being a team on the rise, a young power house in the making. What do free agents have to be excited about now? I mean our money is as green as everyone else's but I just don't think buffalo is the most attractive place for a free agent at this point.

Also, how do you figure that Levy is resting on his laurels while the best available free agents are slipping away? I'm not talking smack I'm just looking for an explanation.