PDA

View Full Version : If Davis & Cutler make Young slide, Does Buffalo take him?

patmoran2006
02-27-2006, 06:41 PM
What would you do? Its VERY hypothetical right now (so damn much can change once FA starts and teams plug in needs that route)

But for discussion sake, lets just say the top seven end this way:
1- Houston- Bush
2- N.O- Leinart
3- Tenn- Young
4- Jets- Brick
5- GB- Mario Williams
6- SF- Hawk
7- Oak- Vernon Davis or Huff

8- Buffalo.. Do you take Vince Young?

ICE74129
02-27-2006, 06:43 PM
F#@k NO!

patmoran2006
02-27-2006, 06:44 PM
What would you do? Its VERY hypothetical right now (so damn much can change once FA starts and teams plug in needs that route)

1- Houston- Bush
2- N.O- Leinart
3- Tenn- Young
4- Jets- Brick
5- GB- Mario Williams
6- SF- Hawk

OOPS.. I mean CUTLER goes three to Tenn.. Not Young

Devin
02-27-2006, 06:46 PM
id cry.

If it went like that id want whoever Oakland doesnt draft or Ngata.

T-Long
02-27-2006, 06:48 PM
I know this is just for discussion, but there is no WAY he makes it past the Raiders

YardRat
02-27-2006, 06:51 PM
If Young actually did score a six on the wonderlic, I'd be erasing him completely off my board.

clumping platelets
02-27-2006, 06:56 PM
NO!!!

patmoran2006
02-27-2006, 07:10 PM
Quote from Jim Rome today in his "email bag"..

"So I heard that Vince Young scored a six on his Wonderlic test. God damn.. that boy is a genius!"
Signed-
Dexter Manley

patmoran2006
02-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Mike Tyson wasn't exactly the brighest cookie in the Jar, but he knew how to box.. catch my drift.. (and I dont think Young only scored a 6 btw).

put it this way.. If I posed this SAME question a week after the rose bowl, I think the answers would have been very different.. He can do things at QB, at least from I seen personally that nobody in the NFL, not even Vick can do.

camelcowboy
02-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Mike Tyson wasn't exactly the brighest cookie in the Jar, but he knew how to box.. catch my drift.. (and I dont think Young only scored a 6 btw).

put it this way.. If I posed this SAME question a week after the rose bowl, I think the answers would have been very different.. He can do things at QB, at least from I seen personally that nobody in the NFL, not even Vick can do.

QB is a position that i wouldn't take a chance with someone with a stub standard intelligence. Running back is one thing, but a qb is suppose to be a general. A stupid general who likes to run. Not a good combination "ask the french"

All this assumes that the Wonder lick is a good test. Which i don't really think it is. Build the lines. We busted on TD, for making the sexy flashy pick. I don't want a QB, or WR, or A tightend who can outrun everyone, give me a line, with out a line all these sexy picks won't be worth a damn.

Drive 4 Five
02-27-2006, 08:33 PM
I don't see the point of drafting another unproven QB prospect when we don't even know what we have in Losman. NFL Network reported earlier that New Orleans coach Sean Payton is absolutely "intrigued" with Cutler. A possible trade early on? Not Buffalo but another team perhaps?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
02-27-2006, 08:34 PM
A stupid general who likes to run. Not a good combination "ask the french"

Now thats efin funny!

Bmax
02-28-2006, 01:31 AM
Jets rumored to be moving up to draft leinart.... If that happens then

1.Jets-Leinart
2.NO-Cutler-payton likes him
3.Tenn-Young-Mcnair tutors him for two years..
4.Houston-Bush
5.GB-MARIO WILLIAMS-could trade with tenn to get bush...They also like Lendale White
6.San Fran-AJ Hawk
7. Oakland-Davis
8. BUFFALO -BRICK

LONG SHOT BUT COULD HAPPEN

vicmantak
02-28-2006, 03:25 AM
Totally and absolutely not.

On the other hand, you are right. Tennessee will draft Jay Cutler if they are commited in a QB.

Tatonka
02-28-2006, 07:05 AM
i honestly would lose all faith in the bills before the season even started if young was the pick.

casdhf
02-28-2006, 07:17 AM
Vince Young will make Andre Ware's career look outstanding.

TigerJ
02-28-2006, 07:33 AM
I probably would not draft him anyway, but I don't think I'd even consider a QB who scored under a 15 on the Wonderlic, and he would have to give me a really compelling reason to consider him if he scored less than 20.

justasportsfan
02-28-2006, 07:46 AM
NO qb's. I would take Marcus Vick if he goes undrafted :D. I doubt Shanahan let's him go though if he's there in the 3rd rd.

Gunzlingr
02-28-2006, 08:06 AM
If the bills drafted any qb in the first round this year, I would start looking for a new team, because they are absolutely hopeless.

The Spaz
02-28-2006, 08:18 AM
If we take a QB it better be Cutler.

Saratoga Slim
02-28-2006, 11:15 AM
NO!!!

Dammit patmoran, you made Clump yell. No more talk of drafting a QB.

Spiderweb
02-28-2006, 11:17 AM

1- Houston- Bush
2- N.O- Leinart
3- Tenn- Young
4- Jets- Brick
5- GB- Mario Williams
6- SF- Hawk

Heck NO !!!!!

djjimkelly
02-28-2006, 11:27 AM
not much would make me question my being a bills fan but the taking of vince young would kill 90% of my love for the team. that being said this is not a move that will happen. hopefully it shapes up like this and some team wants to give the world for the 8th pick!

RedEyE
02-28-2006, 11:31 AM
There are some desperate teams in the top 5 that need a QB. I don't see him making out of the top 10. Personally I wouldn't take the guy, but it may be hard for some GMs and coaches to pass him up.

PromoTheRobot
02-28-2006, 01:21 PM

Here's a bulletin: College football is NOT the NFL!!!!

I think you and your fellow Young devotees are enthralled of what he did at Texas, but forgetting that 99% of the defenders he faced will NOT be playng football after graduation. Run-n-gunners like Young rarely succeed in the NFL because the defenses they face are just too good. Unless Young has excelent passing skills (which he doesn't) and the ability to read defenses in snap (based on his Wonderlic, that's doubtful) then his chances of success in the NFL are slim at best.

But hey, don't let the facts spoil your boner for the guy. And by the way, Young DID score a 6 on his first test, then a 16 on atest given to him again, after some "coaching."

PTR

Bert102176
02-28-2006, 04:41 PM
it would be stupid very stupid to draft a QB, we have Losman and Holcomb and can bring in someone in FA for the 3rd spot