PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanna take a looksy at who we could get at 8???

X-Era
02-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Regardless of who picks where, here are the most likely top 8 players in the draft:

Reggie Bush
Matt Leinhart
Vince Young
D'Brick
Mario Williams
AJ Hawk
Jay Cutler
Vernon Davis

Now, the beauty is one of those players is OURS!!!!

Im frikkin STOKED right now thinkin about that!

:posrep: to everyone!!! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Go Bills!

X-Era
02-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Regardless of who picks where, here are the most likely top 8 players in the draft:

Reggie Bush
Matt Leinhart
Vince Young
D'Brick
Mario Williams
AJ Hawk
Jay Cutler
Vernon Davis

Now, the beauty is one of those players is OURS!!!!

Im frikkin STOKED right now thinkin about that!

:posrep: to everyone!!! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Go Bills!

In an effort to repeat the love fest after the Pats crashed and burned in the playoffs:

Post a reply and I will fess you some love :posrep:

Devin
02-27-2006, 08:10 PM
Gone:
Reggie Bush
Matt Lienart
AJ Hawk

Probably Gone:
Vince Young
Jay Cutler
Mario Williams
Brick

Players Bills may have a shot at:
Ngata
Vernon Davis
Mike Huff
Winston Justice
Tamba Hali
Jimmy Williams

Tatonka
02-27-2006, 08:22 PM
i dont know how you can say hawk is definately gone..

i will say out of those top ten.. there are only two that i wouldnt touch with a ten foot pole.. cutler and young.. no interest in either.

Devin
02-27-2006, 08:31 PM
you dont? What do you think might happen to him?

X-Era
02-27-2006, 08:56 PM
Gone:
Reggie Bush
Matt Lienart
AJ Hawk

Probably Gone:
Vince Young
Jay Cutler
Mario Williams
Brick

Ngata
Vernon Davis
Mike Huff
Winston Justice
Tamba Hali
Jimmy Williams

I have to spread some love around before hitting up you and Tatonka again. But its coming!

X-Era
02-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Gone:
Reggie Bush
Matt Lienart
AJ Hawk

Probably Gone:
Vince Young
Jay Cutler
Mario Williams
Brick

Ngata
Vernon Davis
Mike Huff
Winston Justice
Tamba Hali
Jimmy Williams

Out of the guys the Bills have a shot at (your 3rd stanza). Id look at it like this. How can we justify spend yet another major effort on the secondary after resigning McGee and tagging and probably resigning Clements. Myabe that drops Huff and Jimmy Williams down a bit. Justice may watch his stock jump to 8, but he also is a career RT at USC who looks to project to LT. "looks" is a nice way to say its an unknown whether he can do it or not. Id have no heartache with that pick, but theres a player with more glitz, glamour, who could mean more to this team in the form of production. To me that man is Vernon Davis.

hydro
02-27-2006, 09:29 PM
i dont know how you can say hawk is definately gone..

i will say out of those top ten.. there are only two that i wouldnt touch with a ten foot pole.. cutler and young.. no interest in either.

So you would want Leinart? I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole either. Might just as well get Drew back with less of an arm. Guy is mainly a statue.

FlyingDutchman
02-27-2006, 09:49 PM
Im gettin excited about Davis. Look what having a threat at TE as done for teams. Last year our TEs were non-existant. We need solid check down option until our O-line plays well. I wouldnt mind seeing us take Davis, then trading both our 3rd rounders to move up to early in the second round at take a decent OL or DT, we'd have 2 second rounders and be able to address both probably.

Tatonka
02-27-2006, 09:52 PM
i think hawk could absolutely be on the board.. especially with davis performing as well as he did.. green bay is losing bubba franks.. san fran really needs a DT, and with ngata doing well, he could be their pick.. the jets could be taking cutler, which could cause another team to take brick, that maybe didnt plan on it..

lindell white still has not worked out, but i promise you, just like ronnie brown, if the guy runs a 4.4 or 4.5, he may very well move himself up into the top 8. same thing with Huff.

alot of things could happen man.. as of right now, this would be my GUESS at how the top 8 will go at this point..

1. texans - bush

no brainer. i know that casserley said he may trade the pick, but there is no one that is going to give up what it takes to get him. i personally think that the jets might be the only team to move up and get him, and then the texans could grab brick at 4, but it makes too much sense.

2. saints - lienart

brooks might stick next year and start the season, but more than likely he wont even get that far after the comments he made about the team already.the team needs a new look get the fans back and he is the type of qb that peyton is used to working with.

3. titans - young

i dont agree with this pick but i dont think mcnair will be back and i hears an interview with floyd reese, and he all but said that they will be happy with either lienart or young

4. jets - cutler

he did enough i think at the combine.. they will make the typical jets pick.. which is the wrong one, and go with cutler. plus adrian jones was not bad at LT last season.. so it is not like LT is a huge huge need.. although it is still the wrong pick

5. green bay - lindale white

samkon gado is currently the only rb they have left on the roster.. and he blew up his knee. white is going to be a beast and his stock will go up more after his workout. you get the most bang for your buck with rookie running backs. he fits the type of rb that will excel in the greenbay weather.

6. Oakland - mario williams

paired up with burgess, that is pretty damn solid. i think he is just too good to pass up on.

7. TRADE - Brick

san fran should take him if he is there, BUT there is a huge possibillity that another team may trade up with san fran here, knowing that we would take brick at 8.. so there is a strong possibility that another team swoops in here and takes brick with the pick. i dont know what team would make the move, but there are alot of teams in the nfl that could use a great LT.

leaving for buffalo -

hawk, ngata, huff, davis,

i will be ok with any of them.

Tatonka
02-27-2006, 10:05 PM
So you would want Leinart? I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole either. Might just as well get Drew back with less of an arm. Guy is mainly a statue.

that is a tough call.. i am not saying that i want him.. and i would freak out if he was actually picked.. but i dont think he will be a bad qb.. i think he will be similar to what palmer looked like he was becoming.. his arm is not quite as strong, but i think he will still be a good pro.. i dont really have a reason to think one way or the other i guess other than the guy is just a winner.

i have reasons why i think young is going to be a total turd... and as far as cutler, he may be ok, but what is happening to him is so similar to phillip rivers.. except rivers was a winner who set records.. both were 3rd round type guys.. who had good senior bowls.. the hype train started rolling, then combines.. and boom.. top 5 picks.. in the end.. i think cutler ends up being more like kyle boller.