PDA

View Full Version : Joey Harrington ...

casdhf
02-28-2006, 12:07 PM
I know this isn't bills related, but I'm curious. How does this guy get ANOTHER shot at being the starting QB under another coach. He's aweful. Any Lions' fans?

TacklingDummy
02-28-2006, 12:17 PM
Losman reminds me of Joey.

Saratoga Slim
02-28-2006, 12:52 PM
Martz thinks he's got what it takes. Martz is a weird duck but he does seem to know QBs. Seems like everybody he put in at QB for the Rams had some success. I would be happy to see Harrington turn his ship around. Doesn't seem like a bad guy.

Iehoshua
02-28-2006, 12:57 PM
Martz got hit by one too many electrical charges from all his weird science experiments if he thinks Joey can get anything done.

X-Era
02-28-2006, 04:55 PM

You remind me of a lamprey

Mr.Reality
02-28-2006, 05:18 PM
Harrington sucks.

Marinelli gave him the ole vote of confidence last week, which means, I hope, that he's dust.

If I'm not mistaken the Lions are feeling around for another veteran QB.

Kerr
03-01-2006, 12:47 AM
Harrington sucks.

Marinelli gave him the ole vote of confidence last week, which means, I hope, that he's dust.

If I'm not mistaken the Lions are feeling around for another veteran QB.

Don't you mean Mike Martz was giving him the vote of confidence? Martz was buttering up Harrington as if he could salvage his career. Harrington is lucky because Martz will make him into a better qb.

vicmantak
03-01-2006, 03:38 AM
To be frank, Detroit significantly upgraded their OL last season and with this kind of WR corps Lions have (TE Marcus Pollard included)... I don't see any reason to be interested on his services.

I wonder if Lions will let go the chance to draft one of the top 3 QBs if they are still available.

Jan Reimers
03-01-2006, 07:17 AM
Oh, yeah. Harrington has had what, four years and a succession of first round WRs, yet he's never gotten it done. JP has had all of eight starts and a coaching staff with zero commitment to his long term development. The similarities are astounding.

Perhaps when - or if - you get out of eighth grade, you will mature to the point of being able to introduce some logic into your observations.

mysticsoto
03-01-2006, 11:26 AM
Oh, yeah. Harrington has had what, four years and a succession of first round WRs, yet he's never gotten it done. JP has had all of eight starts and a coaching staff with zero commitment to his long term development. The similarities are astounding.

Perhaps when - or if - you get out of eighth grade, you will mature to the point of being able to introduce some logic into your observations.

:bf1:

Excellent points. Why people are so quick to give up on JP astounds me. They want a Manning level player as a rookie. Look at the last several years of rookies and see how many performed at a high level. Roethlisberger (sp ?) has an outstanding cast that has allowed him to do well. But judge him only by his stats and you will see they are not as outstanding as you might think. Eli was horrible his 1st year. Even current great QBs, Palmer, Brees...hell, Brees was almost cut and is why SD brought in Phillip Rivers to begin with...