X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Joey Harrington ...

I know this isn't bills related, but I'm curious. How does this guy get ANOTHER shot at being the starting QB under another coach. He's aweful. Any Lions' fans?
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

• TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Joey Harrington ...

Losman reminds me of Joey.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
      • Jul 2005

Martz thinks he's got what it takes. Martz is a weird duck but he does seem to know QBs. Seems like everybody he put in at QB for the Rams had some success. I would be happy to see Harrington turn his ship around. Doesn't seem like a bad guy.
      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Iehoshua
        • Jan 2003

Martz got hit by one too many electrical charges from all his weird science experiments if he thinks Joey can get anything done.

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
          You remind me of a lamprey

Comment

• Mr.Reality
            • Nov 2002

Harrington sucks.

Marinelli gave him the ole vote of confidence last week, which means, I hope, that he's dust.

If I'm not mistaken the Lions are feeling around for another veteran QB.

Comment

• Kerr
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mr.Reality
              Harrington sucks.

Marinelli gave him the ole vote of confidence last week, which means, I hope, that he's dust.

If I'm not mistaken the Lions are feeling around for another veteran QB.
              Don't you mean Mike Martz was giving him the vote of confidence? Martz was buttering up Harrington as if he could salvage his career. Harrington is lucky because Martz will make him into a better qb.

Comment

• vicmantak
                • Jun 2005

To be frank, Detroit significantly upgraded their OL last season and with this kind of WR corps Lions have (TE Marcus Pollard included)... I don't see any reason to be interested on his services.

I wonder if Lions will let go the chance to draft one of the top 3 QBs if they are still available.

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
                - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                  Oh, yeah. Harrington has had what, four years and a succession of first round WRs, yet he's never gotten it done. JP has had all of eight starts and a coaching staff with zero commitment to his long term development. The similarities are astounding.

Perhaps when - or if - you get out of eighth grade, you will mature to the point of being able to introduce some logic into your observations.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mysticsoto
                    Too sober for this...
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    Oh, yeah. Harrington has had what, four years and a succession of first round WRs, yet he's never gotten it done. JP has had all of eight starts and a coaching staff with zero commitment to his long term development. The similarities are astounding.

Perhaps when - or if - you get out of eighth grade, you will mature to the point of being able to introduce some logic into your observations.

Excellent points. Why people are so quick to give up on JP astounds me. They want a Manning level player as a rookie. Look at the last several years of rookies and see how many performed at a high level. Roethlisberger (sp ?) has an outstanding cast that has allowed him to do well. But judge him only by his stats and you will see they are not as outstanding as you might think. Eli was horrible his 1st year. Even current great QBs, Palmer, Brees...hell, Brees was almost cut and is why SD brought in Phillip Rivers to begin with...

Comment

Working...
                    X