PDA

View Full Version : If they jack the cap up to over 100 mil!

Patrick76777
02-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Then why not just keep Moulds. Someone mentioned a rumor earlier that would put us some 25 million under the cap. Currently! With 32 teams competing for Free Agents, you’d never be able to spend 25 mil. Sure it would jack up salaries, but you’d why wouldn’t you just keep Eric at 10Mil.

So maybe they’re waiting to see how much room they’ll have after the CBA goes thru. Then they’ll see if they can afford to keep him at his current number.

Just a thought! I know that this place is ultra-confrontational so go ahead and tell me how wrong I am.

Devin
02-28-2006, 02:28 PM
I agree honestly.

ICE74129
02-28-2006, 02:38 PM
Asked to describe the nature of Monday's conversation, Henderson said: "We're way off, just way off. We're not even close. To us, it doesn't sound like they want to keep Eric. I was a little shocked by what they had to say."

Let me say this again...THEY DO NOT WANT MOULDS. They offered up an insulting paycut just so they could say they talked to his agents. 100 mill or 1 Billion in cap room, it doesn't matter.

he is NOT a marv levy type guy. Time to let it go and move on.

mysticsoto
02-28-2006, 02:45 PM
Asked to describe the nature of Monday's conversation, Henderson said: "We're way off, just way off. We're not even close. To us, it doesn't sound like they want to keep Eric. I was a little shocked by what they had to say."

Let me say this again...THEY DO NOT WANT MOULDS. They offered up an insulting paycut just so they could say they talked to his agents. 100 mill or 1 Billion in cap room, it doesn't matter.

he is NOT a marv levy type guy. Time to let it go and move on.

If that were true, they would have cut him as quickly as they cut Williams...

ICE74129
02-28-2006, 03:09 PM
If that were true, they would have cut him as quickly as they cut Williams...

And draw the wrath of fans without even 'trying'? LMAO you need to learn media relations.

The_Philster
02-28-2006, 03:12 PM
Marv Levy and John Butler drafted Eric...so I don't buy this
NOT a marv levy type guy :bs:
If there's a way to keep him and do something with the remaining years on his deal..an extension spreading things out, I'd be all for it.

ICE74129
02-28-2006, 03:20 PM
Marv Levy and John Butler drafted Eric...so I don't buy this :bs:
If there's a way to keep him and do something with the remaining years on his deal..an extension spreading things out, I'd be all for it.

Last I checked, what you would go for isn't important to OBD. The punk is a woman beating POS. I doubt Moulds would be here right now had marv stayed another couple years.

He is not a Marv Levy type player. Marv types don't refuse to go back in games, listen to the Ipod and ignore the coaching staff at 1/2 time, then get suspended. For a guy 32 years old, he showed a ton of immaturity this year. Not a marv type guy

THATHURMANATOR
02-28-2006, 03:22 PM
Bottom line is that he is not worth 10 mil a year. He is 32 years old and on the bottom side of his career. Keep him for one more year maybe but don't restructure.

Bufftp
02-28-2006, 03:25 PM
Any increase in the cap really won't yield any extra cap money. The salaries of the players will also escalate in proportion to the cap increase, effectively eating up any additional dollars originally gained by a cap increase. This means of available cap dollars versus players demands Moulds would represent the same proportion of cap space versus other players.

Italian Stallion
02-28-2006, 03:28 PM
Then why not just keep Moulds. Someone mentioned a rumor earlier that would put us some 25 million under the cap. Currently! With 32 teams competing for Free Agents, you’d never be able to spend 25 mil. Sure it would jack up salaries, but you’d why wouldn’t you just keep Eric at 10Mil.

So maybe they’re waiting to see how much room they’ll have after the CBA goes thru. Then they’ll see if they can afford to keep him at his current number.

Just a thought! I know that this place is ultra-confrontational so go ahead and tell me how wrong I am.

Cause...he's not worth what he's being paid, not even a little. Dude is getting slower, drops passes and fumbles like never before, and doesn't run routes as crisp and fluid as he used to.

If he were being paid something like 6 or 7 mil this season, which I think would still be too much, then I'd say ok whatever, just let him play it out. But a 10 mil salary cap figure is laughable.

Any other reciever in the league with the CURRENT capabilities and skill level of EM, I can guarentee, isn't being paid as much. Even a guy like Rod Smith, who is similiar in age to EM, made the Pro Bowl this year, and makes LESS than Moulds

Point is, regardless of how much the cap goes up, just like in the real business world, if a guy isn't worth what he's being paid, you cut him loose. Simply put, Eric Moulds isn't worth 10 mil, even if the Bills suddenly have 30 mil in cap room.

kgun12
02-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Bottom line is that he is not worth 10 mil a year. He is 32 years old and on the bottom side of his career. Keep him for one more year maybe but don't restructure.

Even if and it's a big if he were worth $10 mil a year I think there is a cut off date for salaries to count against the team for this year verus next year along with bonus money and I think it is March 2nd. I know I'm on the right tract, but not sure if facts are all correct. So I think they have to cut him now verus waiting to see what the new cap # is.

mysticsoto
02-28-2006, 03:34 PM
And draw the wrath of fans without even 'trying'? LMAO you need to learn media relations.

You're not going to draw the wrath of any fan if you let it be known that he wouldn't take a pay cut...from $10 Mil.

casdhf
02-28-2006, 03:34 PM
whether or not we keep moulds, he counts 5 mill against the cap anyways. so is he worth 5 mill a season? Its all on how ya shift the numbers.

ICE74129
02-28-2006, 03:37 PM
You're not going to draw the wrath of any fan if you let it be known that he wouldn't take a pay cut...from $10 Mil.

Didn't that just come out? But unless you talk to his agent (which they didnt' even bother with on Mike Williams) you can't get that info.

Hense why they didn't cut him before talking to his agents. I see him gone tomorrow, maybe thursday at the latest. Today is the last day of the combine and they will be ready to work on FA.

ICE74129
02-28-2006, 03:39 PM
whether or not we keep moulds, he counts 5 mill against the cap anyways. so is he worth 5 mill a season? Its all on how ya shift the numbers.

Not really. His CAP NUMBER is 11 million. If you take the 30% rule of his base pay (a little over 1.83 mill) that is still more than 5 mill. Then he has a 1 mill roster bonus he won't part with, plus 100K in workout bonuses etc.

It gives more room to cut him. Now next year we gain a TON of new room thanks to him and fat mike being off of the books.

Dr. Lecter
02-28-2006, 03:42 PM
Actually cas is pretty close. The Bills save close to 6 million by cutting him. If you figure 1 million for a replacement, that trasnlates into a 5 million saving.

tat2dmike77
02-28-2006, 03:43 PM
Ok lets come back to reality.

First there is no way in hell that the cap is going to be over 100 mill. Who ever is reporting is a moron.

Two Moulds doesn't want to be in buffalo anymore. Lets stop thinking how loyal he is to the team and so on. Every player says they want to stay with thier team. But they only mean it if they are on a championship team. EG the pats, steelers, panther, and seahawks. Moulds wants a ring nothing more. He knows he won't get that in buffalo anytime soon.

Three Moulds wants to be paid. Yeah he has plenty of money but you know what they say the rich you get the greedier you get. If he was this team guy and vet leader and wanted to do well for the team wouldn't he take a pay cut. I mean christ the guy has been playing for 10 years does he not have enough to live comfortably?

Four the bills know he's starting to decline. Yeah he led the bills in receptions this year but he was not a force to reckon with. Yes he was doubled teamed and yes he drew attention from opposing defenses but he's losing his abilities quick. The bills know that a WR that is 32 is not worth 10 mill a year i would think that an average football fan would know that. Don't bring up jerry rice either he was a freak.

Finally he has wore out his welcome in buffalo. Last season some fans including myself thought that eric quit. While he was not the only vet to quit not gonna name any name troy vincent, lawyer milloy, jeff posey, mike williams, willis mcgahee. He wore his welcome out along with the other in my opinion. We pay good hard money to watch these guys play football for 16 weeks. Not when they feel like it. I don't care what your excuses are concerning MM moulds is a pro and should act like one. Lockeroom drama should be kept in the lockeroom not on the field or press.

I liked moulds i really did i have 2 moulds jerseys. So when i saw him quit this year i imediatlly packed them away and wished him a farewell as well. This whole thing now is a game of were not the bad guy. Moulds agents are saying well we want to work with the bills. The bills are saying we hope we can keep moulds. But in the end everyone gets what they want. Buffalo will save 5.5 mill and possibly sign a good FA and moulds will shuffle off to anthor team and try to get his ring.

ICE74129
02-28-2006, 03:46 PM

First there is no way in hell that the cap is going to be over 100 mill. Who ever is reporting is a moron.

Two Moulds doesn't want to be in buffalo anymore. Lets stop thinking how loyal he is to the team and so on. Every player says they want to stay with thier team. But they only mean it if they are on a championship team. EG the pats, steelers, panther, and seahawks. Moulds wants a ring nothing more. He knows he won't get that in buffalo anytime soon.

Three Moulds wants to be paid. Yeah he has plenty of money but you know what they say the rich you get the greedier you get. If he was this team guy and vet leader and wanted to do well for the team wouldn't he take a pay cut. I mean christ the guy has been playing for 10 years does he not have enough to live comfortably?

Four the bills know he's starting to decline. Yeah he led the bills in receptions this year but he was not a force to reckon with. Yes he was doubled teamed and yes he drew attention from opposing defenses but he's losing his abilities quick. The bills know that a WR that is 32 is not worth 10 mill a year i would think that an average football fan would know that. Don't bring up jerry rice either he was a freak.

Finally he has wore out his welcome in buffalo. Last season some fans including myself thought that eric quit. While he was not the only vet to quit not gonna name any name troy vincent, lawyer milloy, jeff posey, mike williams, willis mcgahee. He wore his welcome out along with the other in my opinion. We pay good hard money to watch these guys play football for 16 weeks. Not when they feel like it. I don't care what your excuses are concerning MM moulds is a pro and should act like one. Lockeroom drama should be kept in the lockeroom not on the field or press.

I liked moulds i really did i have 2 moulds jerseys. So when i saw him quit this year i imediatlly packed them away and wished him a farewell as well. This whole thing now is a game of were not the bad guy. Moulds agents are saying well we want to work with the bills. The bills are saying we hope we can keep moulds. But in the end everyone gets what they want. Buffalo will save 5.5 mill and possibly sign a good FA and moulds will shuffle off to anthor team and try to get his ring.

:bf1:

Michael82
02-28-2006, 03:50 PM

I'll bet you 5,000 Zonebucks (you pay me as you get them)....

That once they agree on a deal for the CBA, the salary cap will be over $100 million.

tat2dmike77
02-28-2006, 03:53 PM
I'll bet you 5,000 Zonebucks (you pay me as you get them)....

That once they agree on a deal for the CBA, the salary cap will be over $100 million.

Fine i don't use em anyway.

Why is everyone so confident that the cap is going to be over 100 mill?

Michael82
02-28-2006, 03:54 PM

because the new CBA is factoring in those very very VERY rich TV contracts that were agreed to last year. Plus with the extra revenue sharing...the players are pushing for a higher cap number.

Italian Stallion
02-28-2006, 03:55 PM

Mainly because the supposed cap figure WITHOUT the CBA extension is 95 mil, and an increase in double digits has been rumored.

tat2dmike77
02-28-2006, 03:59 PM
Mainly because the supposed cap figure WITHOUT the CBA extension is 95 mil, and an increase in double digets has been rumored.

Whats the key word in that sentence?

Listening to rumors will only tick everyone off in the end. Gee what other rumor had billsnation all pumped up only to be let down earlier in the off season. I dunno could of been that Sherman was going to be the head coach?

The cap will be around 95 mill this year. If it's over 100 i'm man enough to admit i'm wrong and pay my ZB. Not like thier paying my bills anyway.

Quit trusting all these rumors your only going to be letting yourself down in the end.

Michael82
02-28-2006, 04:02 PM
Whats the key word in that sentence?

Listening to rumors will only tick everyone off in the end. Gee what other rumor had billsnation all pumped up only to be let down earlier in the off season. I dunno could of been that Sherman was going to be the head coach?

The cap will be around 95 mill this year. If it's over 100 i'm man enough to admit i'm wrong and pay my ZB. Not like thier paying my bills anyway.

Quit trusting all these rumors your only going to be letting yourself down in the end.
I'm tempted to make it a cash bet, I'm so sure about it.

How about $20? :D

tat2dmike77
02-28-2006, 04:03 PM
According to Mort on ESPN News, Gene Upshaw left NYC because no progress was being made. The high end owners ( Jones, Kraft etc. ) are digging in. Doesn't believe it's Upshaw playing a hand.

Owners supposed to have a conference call among themselves at 6pm. Deadline for all hell to break loose is 4pm tomorrow.
Unreal. They have the golden goose and may wind up shooting it. :cuss:

Our future is on the clock. 23 hours and counting.

Yup sure looks good huh

justasportsfan
02-28-2006, 04:45 PM
because the new CBA is factoring in those very very VERY rich TV contracts that were agreed to last year. Plus with the extra revenue sharing...the players are pushing for a higher cap number.
shouldn't they lower ticket prices then?